Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fed up with local Lexus dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-08, 08:57 PM
ALLCHILL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Fed up with local Lexus dealership...

I am very unsatisfied with the service at a local Lexus dealership. Is there a department at corporate that handles complaints? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-08, 09:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

just contact lexus corp (contact us on lexus.com). i have always gotten very prompt response. but at the same time i have heard otherwise
Old 03-11-08, 02:32 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you threatened the salespeople or service associates/managers at the dealership with filing a negative report to corporate? That usually gets things going very fast, because they don't want to lose their service ratings.
Old 03-11-08, 03:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Perhaps you can explain the service problem or complaint in a little more detail. Depending on the circumstances (and state laws), you may have a number of different options, including anything from Lexus customer service to arbitration to lemon-law application to small-claims court.

You may also have a "complaint" that Customer Service is not going to recognize as a real complaint because it doesn't meet their criteria for one. For instance, some people "complain" about the lack of a loaner car when in reality they are not entitled to one.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-11-08 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-11-08, 04:26 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

out of curiosity, which one was it?
Old 03-11-08, 05:28 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
out of curiosity, which one was it?
I agree....I know there's one in particular that I have never had a welcoming experience at....
Old 03-11-08, 12:10 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gengar
Have you threatened the salespeople or service associates/managers at the dealership with filing a negative report to corporate? That usually gets things going very fast, because they don't want to lose their service ratings.
Honestly, I believe that should be their punishment and not an incentive to offer good customer service. If it gets to a point where you have to threaten them with negative feedback to corporate just to get the ball rolling, IMHO they already deserved and should get that negative feedback. Maybe if enough bad press comes in they wont need to be threatened in the future as they will havelearned and adjusted their practice.
Old 03-11-08, 12:37 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Goes to show dealers vary regardless of brand.. There is one particular Lexus dealer in Brooklyn, NY that is horrible as well..
Old 03-13-08, 09:50 PM
clickart
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should I file a complaint about my situation at this Lexus dealership? I was looking to purchase a SC430 at a Lexus dealership that's about 250 miles away from my home. I called them and asked about the SC that I was interested. At first, the salesman said that the car is not certified and will sell it for me at 31k if I put $500 deposit down on that day. I thought it was a good deal and told him that I will go and drive over there on the same day to take a look at it. I got there around 4:30PM after 4 hours of driving. I test drove the car and I decided to get it. However, the salesman said that he can't sell the vehicle to me because it's already certified. He asked me if I wanna speak to the sale director and I said yes. The sale director came and talked to me explaining that the salesman had misrepresent the car to me. He represented the car as a uncertified vehicle for $31k. The car is actually certified therefore he can't sell it for me at 31k. He can only get it for me at 33k with $300 bucks off for the misunderstood. I told him I do not wanted a certified car and 33k is way too much for me. I told him to uncertified the car because 31k is the most I can pay for that car. He said he can't just uncertified the vehicle and there is nothing he can do about it. Anyway, I decided to get the car because it was still a good deal too me.

On the day of picking up the vehicle, everything went smoothly except for the business manager at the dealership who I thought had the biggest attitude with me. When it was time for me and by brother to write the checks, I asked him how much was the total. He said it $33,154.49. Then I asked him if my brother wrote a 27k check than how much would be left for me. I thought he did not hear me so I politely asked him again how much is left for me. He said "chill dude...calm down...I am getting there". I would NEVER expected this come from a business manager at a lexus dealership. I might be young (22 yrs old) but he called me to a dude and tell me how calm down when I just politely asked for the total of the vehicle so I can write my check. I was about to call the Lexus of America and give a complaint about him but I decided not to. You guys think I should call?

Last edited by clickart; 03-13-08 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-14-08, 12:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Call them. Even over and above the "dude" comments from the sales manager, IMO, Customer Service should know that you drove for 4 hours to come see a car that was misrepresented to you over the phone. The least the dealership could have done is give you the car for the Non-Certified price. Heck, at $3-4 a gallon for gas, it certainly cost YOU money just to get in your car and drive there....just like it cost the dealership money to do the Certification process on the used car (assuming they told the truth on that, too).
Old 03-14-08, 01:05 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is how dealerships work. It is sort of like a bait and switch, only using the same car in this case. All they want to do is get you into the dealership. From that point, you will either give in and pay what they want, or you will leave and go home thinking you wasted all that time and money. Most people will give in and pay the extra $1500 or so especially on a car selling over $30K.
Old 03-14-08, 01:29 AM
Matador
Racer

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
That is how dealerships work. It is sort of like a bait and switch, only using the same car in this case. All they want to do is get you into the dealership. From that point, you will either give in and pay what they want, or you will leave and go home thinking you wasted all that time and money. Most people will give in and pay the extra $1500 or so especially on a car selling over $30K.
They'll tell you just about anything to get you in there.
Old 03-14-08, 01:56 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by clickart
I thought he did not hear me so I politely asked him again how much is left for me. He said "chill dude...calm down...I am getting there". I would NEVER expected this come from a business manager at a lexus dealership. I might be young (22 yrs old) but he called me to a dude and tell me how calm down when I just politely asked for the total of the vehicle so I can write my check. I was about to call the Lexus of America and give a complaint about him but I decided not to. You guys think I should call?
maybe I'm just immune by my horrible dealership (it's the only one in my area) but if I had to call in for things like that for my dealership, they'd be #1 on my speed dial.

but, that really shouldn't be necessary (to call you a "dude")...i would call in. btw, where do you file a complaint over phone??
Old 03-14-08, 10:49 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Honestly, I believe that should be their punishment and not an incentive to offer good customer service. If it gets to a point where you have to threaten them with negative feedback to corporate just to get the ball rolling, IMHO they already deserved and should get that negative feedback. Maybe if enough bad press comes in they wont need to be threatened in the future as they will havelearned and adjusted their practice.
Sure, and sometimes I do feel vindictive enough to do this. But the goal as a customer should be to move forward and allow the dealership to make good on customer satisfaction. Does it do either party any good not to make that the common goal?
Old 03-14-08, 11:05 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by clickart
Should I file a complaint about my situation....
I don't think it would hurt to file the complaint, but I doubt it will do much good.

The best advice is to get everything in writing (fax) before making that long of a trip. If they won't do that for you, then you should either pass or go there expecting to be burned.

Quick Reply: Fed up with local Lexus dealership...