Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fed up with local Lexus dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-08, 01:27 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was looking to purchase my first car (cash with money I saved from working several years), I walked in to the dealership to talk to a salesperson. After the salesperson answered a few of my questions, he told me to come back with my father and said that my father should bring his checkbook.

Well, I walked out and bought at another dealership. Then, I called the GM at the first dealer and told him that he lost a sale and how I was upset on how I was treated. He asked me the name of the salesman. I am sure he may have been fired.

So, I would call the GM or dealer principle at this Lexus store and explain your situation. Heads may roll, customer service index (CSI) is very important to dealers today. At some stores, CSI is more important than profit.

Good Luck
Old 03-14-08, 01:56 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MD350
When I was looking to purchase my first car (cash with money I saved from working several years), I walked in to the dealership to talk to a salesperson. After the salesperson answered a few of my questions, he told me to come back with my father and said that my father should bring his checkbook.

Well, I walked out and bought at another dealership. Then, I called the GM at the first dealer and told him that he lost a sale and how I was upset on how I was treated. He asked me the name of the salesman. I am sure he may have been fired.

So, I would call the GM or dealer principle at this Lexus store and explain your situation. Heads may roll, customer service index (CSI) is very important to dealers today. At some stores, CSI is more important than profit.

Good Luck
At this point the OPs situation is a lot different than yours. Since he actually bought the car and bought it for MORE than what he was told it would be before driving 4 hours, the GM probably would offer to take the salesman and finance manager out to dinner for bringing in the extra cash.
Old 03-18-17, 09:45 PM
dranjan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine in Eugene, OR at Kendall Lexus - I am OK with the sales department. But totally unhappy with the service. They do not belong in a luxury dealership. BTW the vehicle has several issues, so there is no recourse for me. I bought it pre-owned and certified.
Old 03-19-17, 09:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

closing this 9 year old thread. dranjan, please start a new one if you would like.