Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lewis Hamilton and racist Spanish fans...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 12:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Perhaps the Spanish have never gotten over the fact that the British Royal Navy wiped out their big fleet over 500 years ago.......in 1588. Some people just carry grudges.
Old 02-05-08, 01:52 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Perhaps the Spanish have never gotten over the fact that the British Royal Navy wiped out their big fleet over 500 years ago.......in 1588. Some people just carry grudges.
I'm sure that's it. In reality, I think the British are angry that the Spanish enjoy better weather and better-looking women. That's material for a good grudge, don't you think?
Old 02-05-08, 01:56 PM
jimmyjazz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't a hurricane help a little?
Old 02-05-08, 02:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
I'm sure that's it. In reality, I think the British are angry that the Spanish enjoy better weather and better-looking women. That's material for a good grudge, don't you think?
Well, there are plenty of good-looking women in Britain. Don't forget, that is the country that gave us Princess Diana and Britney Spears..........it's just too bad Britney doesn't have a brain to go with her looks.
Old 02-05-08, 02:25 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
Nah - there's no tension between the British and the Spanish - it's like our Florida, millions go on holiday there every year and it's the most popular place for Brits to live abroad. Every now and then the Spanish get upset about Gibraltar which they seem to think is theirs and they close the border there, but other than that I've never had a wrong word said to me there. Then again I'm not black and I haven't been to a football match there.
Old 02-05-08, 02:25 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

hmm seems like what i get, since i play hockey, and i can tell you, not many "pacific islanders" play hockey lol, i get everything from HEY GHANDI to he n$g$$$ or hey ch##k, if you can tell what those words are, and im not any of those, im frigging fillipino
Old 02-05-08, 02:29 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, there are plenty of good-looking women in Britain. Don't forget, that is the country that gave us Princess Diana and Britney Spears..........it's just too bad Britney doesn't have a brain to go with her looks.
Hang on a minute! You can't claim Britney is ours - yes one of her grandmothers was English but I never heard anybody saying she was British when she doing well. Now she's gone a bit fruit loop all of a sudden you're giving her back! We have a no returns policy

BTW - We'll claim Halle Berry as her mother was from Liverpool.
Old 02-05-08, 02:34 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Big Andy
Hang on a minute! You can't claim Britney is ours - yes one of her grandmothers was English but I never heard anybody saying she was British when she doing well. Now she's gone a bit fruit loop all of a sudden you're giving her back! We have a no returns policy

hahahaha no return policy...

i wonder how hamilton feels about that. he seemed really chill and cool about everything when he was on Top Gear--even stuck Clarkson one after he asked "so everyone wants a useless teammate then??"

Hamilton: you want to be on next year?
Old 02-05-08, 02:59 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd93
hmm seems like what i get, since i play hockey, and i can tell you, not many "pacific islanders" play hockey lol, i get everything from HEY GHANDI to he n$g$$$ or hey ch##k, if you can tell what those words are, and im not any of those, im frigging fillipino
OMG that was funny as if you have to tell the fools what you are to give the morons a clue.

Just ignore the creeps and play like hell
Old 02-05-08, 03:05 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS wanted
The worst (sporting) example from Mexico would be the large number of fans booing the U.S.'s national anthem and shouting "Osama" while it was being played during a Mexico vs. USA home game. It's obviously an intense rivalry but that took it to new lows. Donovan p'ing on their grounds didn't help matters much either.
That was bad, very ugly, perhaps they share the same Spaniard ancestors as those giving Hamilton a hard time.
Old 02-05-08, 05:26 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
OMG that was funny as if you have to tell the fools what you are to give the morons a clue.

Just ignore the creeps and play like hell
they have yet to guess what i am without them knowing lol o well
Old 02-06-08, 12:20 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Wasn't Britney Spears born in the south (Mississippi or Louisiana) somewhere?

Originally Posted by Big Andy
Didn't know her mother was a scouser. In any case we'll gladly claim that beauty as All-American.

Anyway, back to the racism in sport issue:
Stand Up, Speak Up campaign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sbetvlu9Qg

ESPN segment on racism in Euro soccer. Some segments are the same as shown on HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpO-...eature=related
Old 02-06-08, 09:23 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS wanted
Wasn't Britney Spears born in the south (Mississippi or Louisiana) somewhere?

Didn't know her mother was a scouser. In any case we'll gladly claim that beauty as All-American.

Anyway, back to the racism in sport issue:
Stand Up, Speak Up campaign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sbetvlu9Qg

ESPN segment on racism in Euro soccer. Some segments are the same as shown on HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpO-...eature=related
Thanx for bringing us back to what the thread was sadly originally about. Great piece done by Real Sports. I was apalled yet not amazed when I watched it a while back. Good stuff Sad that this still exists in 2008 and even more sad that there is no real sign of it ever going away.
Old 02-06-08, 01:03 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jmd93
they have yet to guess what i am without them knowing lol o well
Hey its all good. I'm Pacific Islander as well. Since you're filipino you have stick fighting in your blood. Now put it to use and swing that hockey stick effectively.
Old 02-06-08, 01:08 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Jackie Robinson, Venus & Serena, of Soccer.. Nascar is next.