Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura boasts 2010 NSX will be faster than Nissan GT-R (Page 12)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-08, 08:12 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Acura boasts 2010 NSX will be faster than Nissan GT-R (Page 12)

Acura designers stuck on new look for NSX

Posted on Monday 21 January 2008

Nissan’s recently launched GT-R has been met with much acclaim and Lexus’ upcoming LF-A supercar is showing great promise, so now the pressure is on Honda and its Acura division to wow the automotive world with a new version of the legendary NSX supercar. Acura previewed one possible design at last year’s Detroit Auto Show with the Advanced Sports Car Concept, but the design was quickly dropped due to the unfavourable response given by the public. Time is ticking and Acura’s designers are working hard on penning a new design, the only problem is they can’t come up with anything.

“All of the designers are working together on the NSX, but they can’t agree on the styling,” **** Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co., revealed to Automotive News at the recent Detroit Auto Show. Designers know the final styling is critical if the NSX is expected to compete with the aforementioned rivals but arriving at something substantial is proving to be extremely difficult for the California-based design time, Colliver explained.

The only information Colliver would confirm is that the car will be powered by a ten-cylinder engine. He also said the new NSX is scheduled to arrive before a redesigned RL sedan and that model is set to make its entry sometime in 2010.
via motorauthority
Old 01-21-08, 08:16 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2010 arrival, and no design yet?

C'mon Acura. If the car is a MY'10, it should be production ready by late '09, which means design and engineering (such as drag and such) should be done by NOW!!!
Old 01-21-08, 08:34 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should just use the HSC concept that was shown a few years ago.
Old 01-21-08, 09:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

agree, if the car is coming in 2010, isn't that the style should be done and fixed already?!
Old 01-21-08, 09:32 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm confused, I thought they already made a concept a few years ago....They won't use it?
Old 01-21-08, 09:36 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I know they dropped the HSC concept a few years ago, but I still think that design looked MUCH MUCH better than the turd they presented at Detroit last year. It looks like they are set on placing the engine in front of the driver... probably a front-midship design.

I agree 2010...and they don't even have a design?!?!?! How are they gonna rush that into production in less than 2 years??
Old 01-21-08, 09:40 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoLe
they should just use the HSC concept that was shown a few years ago.
Yeah, why don't they use that design?
There haven't been any negative uproars toward that design have there???
Old 01-21-08, 09:41 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** Colliver???
huh? I have more of a interest in his name then their problems on the NSX, though NSX is one of my favorite sports cars...
Old 01-21-08, 09:43 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yeah, why don't they use that design?
There haven't been any negative uproars toward that design have there???
I have, I don't like its rear glass over the engine that slopes flush to horizontal... looks weird, and the HSC doesn't look like its size is for a V10
Old 01-21-08, 09:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Nissan’s recently launched GT-R has been met with much acclaim and Lexus’ upcoming LF-A supercar is showing great promise, so now the pressure is on Honda and its Acura division to wow the automotive world with a new version of the legendary NSX supercar.
Acura previewed one possible design at last year’s Detroit Auto Show with the Advanced Sports Car Concept, but the design was quickly dropped due to the unfavourable response given by the public.

I'm not sure I agree with the article's premise. We've seen so many different concepts, ideas, and "versions" of a future NSX come and go, with 6, 8, 10, and 12 cylinders, that I'm wondering if Acura is going to......or even NEEDS to.....end up doing one at all, even with the so-called "pressure" from the GT-R and LF-A. Honda is still doing extremely well, by auto industry standards, without a new NSX, and its new competitors from Nissan and Lexus are not likely to be selling in very high numbers either. The negative reaction from the public at the auto shows does not bode very well for a "need" for a new NSX either......why spend time, money, and the company's resources on something the public has already given a thumbs-down to ?

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-21-08 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-21-08, 10:12 AM
LexFather

Dear Acura,
No crap you can't figure out styling. This is not a new issue. From the HSC to the crap concept last year to their lineup today outside the TL, they are in dire need of help.

Wow, another useless press release. We can at least count on them for those...lol

Old 01-21-08, 10:21 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

acura and the nsx = toyota and the supra

nuff said
Old 01-21-08, 10:23 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

They should just use the current NSX body style, maybe improve it a tad, give it LED tails, LED headlights, etc. And of course, the V10 with 10K redline :-D
Old 01-21-08, 10:28 AM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Och
They should just use the current NSX body style, maybe improve it a tad, give it LED tails, LED headlights, etc. And of course, the V10 with 10K redline :-D
Whats amazing is Porsche basically did that for what 30 years and the last version, the 993 was the best seller. People just buy them no matter what.

Acura had a superb car in the NSX and they waiting way to long for a facelift and then it died. The price skyrocketed and the competition got super serious. America never got the Type-R.

I wonder what the price will be but if the LF-A does hit production as well as the NSX, I just don't see Acura selling too many again if it costs 100k.

Seriously, what were they smoking?

I like this pic someone made.

HSC

It clearly shows this brand has no leader with a true vision and they NEED one bad.

Old 01-21-08, 10:47 AM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

threw up in my mouth on the first and third pic second is sexy

Quick Reply: Acura boasts 2010 NSX will be faster than Nissan GT-R (Page 12)