Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota/Subaru/Scion Lightweight Sports Car: Toyota GT86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FRS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 06:10 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

newr congrats! i sat in a brz recently and LOVED it. what color did you get? any mod plans? (had to ask)

really want to hear your impressions, not just tooling around, but also cruising on highway or sitting in traffic (i.e., noise, ride, comfort).
Old 10-22-13, 10:45 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
newr congrats! i sat in a brz recently and LOVED it. what color did you get? any mod plans? (had to ask)

really want to hear your impressions, not just tooling around, but also cruising on highway or sitting in traffic (i.e., noise, ride, comfort).
Thanks. I got dark metallic grey. Don't have any plans for mod at the moment. I want to enjoy the car as is first, then slowly go from there as I don't want to rush and end up ruin it.

As far as impressions go, I am sure there are hundreds out there and I agree with the majority that this car is FREAKING AWESOME
Old 11-03-13, 10:53 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Dubai claims debut of Toyota GT86 sedan concept

Typically, when the organizers of an auto show reveal that a new car will debut at their show, we take notice. But this particular claim from the Dubai International Motor Show ought to be taken with a grain of salt.

As our compatriots at AutoGuide discovered, the Facebook page for the Emirates auto expo includes a post with an interesting claim: that a sedan based on the Toyota GT86 (known in the US as the Scion FR-S) will debut at the show. The Facebook post is accompanied by the image above, purporting to show the concept in question.

The strange part is that the organizers claim the four-door GT86 concept will make its "regional unveil" at the Dubai show, which would seem to indicate that the concept in question would make its international debut at an earlier show. Considering that the doors open in Dubai on Tuesday, that seems increasingly unlikely. All of this begs the question, If this isn't actually a four-door GT86, what might it be?
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/03/d...sedan-concept/
Old 11-03-13, 12:04 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
Thanks. I got dark metallic grey. Don't have any plans for mod at the moment. I want to enjoy the car as is first, then slowly go from there as I don't want to rush and end up ruin it.

As far as impressions go, I am sure there are hundreds out there and I agree with the majority that this car is FREAKING AWESOME
Congrat man ! a new awesome collectible car purchase I would say. There is no better car today for the money ... for years to come

Last edited by ISF350; 11-03-13 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-06-13, 09:56 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toyota FT-86 Open Concept Wears a Red Dress for Tokyo Motor Show

Click here to view more photos

We've read conflicting reports on the fate of the Toyota FT-86 Open Concept that was originally displayed in white at this year's Geneva Motor Show, but the Japanese company doesn't seem willing to let go, just yet.

At the 2013 edition of the Tokyo Motor Show later this month, it will host the Japanese market premiere of the study with a red twist, and by that, we mean the FT-86 Open concept sports a new “Flash Red” body hue borrowed from the coupe, along with a re-colored interior.

Also, unlike the white Geneva concept, it comes in a right-hand drive configuration and with an automatic, instead of a manual transmission.

Again, there's no mention of a production version of the soft-top four-seater, with Toyota reiterating its previous statement that the car was "created to explore future sports car variations".
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/toy...wears-red.html
Old 11-06-13, 09:57 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default The Toyota FT-86 Open Concept Looks Damn Good In Red

Technically, the FT-86 Open Concept that's on display this week at the Tokyo Motor Show is nothing new. There's only one big difference between this car and the one that debuted at the Geneva show earlier this year: it's red. But here, that makes all the difference.P

Don't get me wrong, white can be very appealing on some cars, especially race cars. But 9 times out of 10, white is just boring. Red, on the other hand, is rarely boring. It evokes passion, emotion. It screams "speed" in a way that's not as ostentatious as orange or yellow. Red is simply a great color for sports car.P

I think that in red and without a roof, the Toyota GT86/Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ has never looked better. Production ready as this one looks, there's still quite a bit of doubt whether they will make it or not.P

I hope they do. I'll take one in red.
http://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-ft-86...red-1458785103
Old 11-06-13, 09:58 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Full Press Photos

Toyota to Display New Concept Vehicles at Tokyo Motor Show

Tokyo, Japan, November 5, 2013-Toyota Motor Corporation will display seven concept cars in its Toyota-brand exhibit at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show. The show, to be held at Tokyo Big Sight in Koto Ward, Tokyo, will run from November 20 to December 11.

Under the slogan "Fun to Drive, Again," the concept vehicles are aimed to convey Toyota's vision of a future mobility society that values the joy of driving. The Toyota-brand vehicles on display will underline Toyota's efforts to contribute to society while creating ever-better cars that exceed expectations.

FT-86 Open Concept (World Premiere)

As a study model based on the rear-wheel-drive "86" sports car, the FT-86 Open Concept was created to explore future sports car variations.

As a convertible boasting an electrically operated soft top, the car lets the driver feel at one with nature while maintaining the 86's joy of driving and sense of oneness with the vehicle. A new "Flash Red" body color, used specifically for the Tokyo Motor Show, gives a new twist to the iconic sports car red.

FT-86 Open Concept specifications: Length: 4,240mm. Width: 1,775mm. Height: 1,270mm. Wheelbase: 2,570mm. Occupancy: 4.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50712
Old 11-06-13, 10:14 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

I'll take a red rocket bunny vert please
Old 11-06-13, 10:19 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The proportions and lines on this car are just so good...
Old 11-06-13, 10:31 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

if given the go ahead, I hope there'll be a dealer option of a removable hard-top (i.e. S2000/Miata/80 and 90's Benz SL's)
Old 11-06-13, 12:07 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

What about a power bump???
We need about 50hp to make this car PERFECT

Interior looks great in those pics!
Old 11-06-13, 12:19 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
What about a power bump???
We need about 50hp to make this car PERFECT

Interior looks great in those pics!
from all my lurks on ft86club...there's no definitive power jumps that I've been able to find, only added susp/aero upgrades

i'm with you tho, this car desperately needs some added power...50hp is an ideal increase, but I'm hoping it gets the non-STi WRX motor/power. 265hp/244tq!
Old 11-06-13, 01:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
from all my lurks on ft86club...there's no definitive power jumps that I've been able to find, only added susp/aero upgrades

i'm with you tho, this car desperately needs some added power...50hp is an ideal increase, but I'm hoping it gets the non-STi WRX motor/power. 265hp/244tq!
there are tons of turbo kits?

as to the convertible, of course... dont trust anything written in stupid media :-)
Old 11-06-13, 10:11 PM
LexFather

I'm hearing it's coming, a special scion edition and potentially finally boost..

It won hottest sema car again this year.

Old 11-07-13, 12:03 AM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of rumors... but I'm sure it will come soon b/c they are working on it secretly
So right now I'm waiting to see another higher power version for 86, RC, new ISF, and new GSF. These will all be seen in a year or so from toyo/lexus

Quick Reply: Toyota/Subaru/Scion Lightweight Sports Car: Toyota GT86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FRS!