Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WHO in ClubLexus prefer something other than a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-07, 11:17 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I have owned many many different cars from almost every brand out there and I usually trade out every year or two. The longest I kepted a non-Lexus vehicle was 3.5 years.. I have had my Lexus for 8.5 years now!! And is the best car I've ever owned.. Ofcourse we all have had cravings for the dark side like BMW's or Mercedes but Overall - I think Lexus is the best overall value for quaility and reliability while providing performance.
Old 09-11-07, 11:35 AM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't own a Lexus... YET! Got a 2006 MB C230 and 91 Legend coupe. Buddy of mine had a 95 sc300, drove it several times and man it drives nicely. The legend is love of my life but I know it needs to be replaced sometime down the road. When this happens it'll be a lexus no more MB for me. Alot of ignorant people on the MB forums.
Old 09-11-07, 01:24 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I owned 16 lexuses, 3 BMWs, and other brands.
I would love a 911 or M car in my stable.
If I were to buy a new car in 1 yr, I would consider: IS-F, GTR, M3, Cayman.
I will have other cars as daily.
Old 09-11-07, 04:25 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gone Lexus, and I won't go back. Bimmers and MB's are so cliche now and Lexus is something different. It rides smooth and drives effortlessly and the chiks really dig it at the McDonalds drive thru. They also don't break down as much or as bad as others and this is the first car I've owned that just after I bought it and didn't see a million more on the road. (Used to be a never fail!)

And ClubLexus has reinforced that seeing how little we talk about problems with the core vehicle and mostly about modding a Lexus. I'm by far not the richest person in the world, but I really wanted something nice for me and my family to drive in. I don't think I will be any happier (Except with a newer Lexus of course )
Old 09-11-07, 05:07 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends what you're going for:

Most reliable 4 door sedan - Lexus LS without a doubt.
Most fun/outrageous car - Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari FXX
Best SUV - Certainly not a Lexus. I really never have liked my GX470. BMW X5 wins for that.
Sporty daily driver - Can't beat a Porsche. They own that market. 911 Turbo is a fun drive to work.
Sexiest car - Aston Martin Vantage.
Most unique - Koenigsegg CCX
Never make a car like this again - Bugatti Veyron
Easiest car to drive - Honda Prelude. Most no-nonsense car ever made.
Rarest car you would kill to own - Maserati MC12, McLaren F1
Most love it or hate it design - Ferrari 599
Best track car - Lotus Exige
Best sounding exhaust - Audi LMP1 diesel
Most unreliable car - Yugo, Ford Mustang
Design most stuck in the 1950s - Jaguar
Every model looks alike - I can't tell them apart - Mercedes

I'm sure I could think of tons of others. Lexus is great for what they do, and I do love my LS, but there's a whole big world out there.
Old 09-11-07, 06:18 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxNine
2. Current plan: Get a rebuilt KA24E or NA SR20DE motorset (for smog purposes) for my s13 hatch -- so i can keep the miles low on my IS300 -- not to mention cheaper gas and better gas mileage. I just need something to put 20k miles a year on.
An N/A SR20DE you will have lots of problems finding for the S13 and it will not pass SMOG... You'd be better off getting an SR20DET. Remember, it isn't that the SR20DET can't pass the emissions part, it fails the visual.

I think this thread needs a name change... Maybe something like "who still prefers their Lexus?" haha
Old 04-04-09, 04:47 PM
jram0216
Driver School Candidate

2009 cadillac cts-v
Old 04-04-09, 05:12 PM
klepto2
Pole Position

I love my lex but if money wasn't an issue, I would def have a 911 turbo, E92 M3 or a RS4 as a daily...
Old 04-04-09, 05:17 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

MB, MB and MB!!!! I am inlove with my CLK500 my my old 2IS was a real pos. I honestly dont see what you people see in Lexus . Pleas dont flame me for my opinion I just didnt see the "magic" in Lexus, espcialy the dash in my 2IS it looked like bits and pieces out of a corolla.
Old 04-04-09, 05:17 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I prefer to have at least a dozen cars of other brands if I can have my dream garage, but even then, I still would always have a Lexus or two at the same time as well.
Old 04-04-09, 05:39 PM
highstakes
Pole Position

Other then a Lexus, I would like to get a M3 or a 911. Most of the cars in my family were European, and I am convinced I will never buy a Euro (some exceptions) car again in my life. My uncles MB was in the service dept for about two weeks, and Enterprise gave him a pos Hyundai lol
Old 04-04-09, 07:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I prefer to have at least a dozen cars of other brands if I can have my dream garage, but even then, I still would always have a Lexus or two at the same time as well.
that's exactly what my wife says now. keep a lexus in the garage so for sure we have a reliable transportation, but the other car can be fun. after driving the m3 she's really into euros now, haha
Old 04-04-09, 07:51 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

range rover..........
Old 04-04-09, 07:58 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigVIPness
I love lexus and have owned 3 of them but they only satisify part of what i'm looking for in a car. I'm partial to Mercedes-Benz and Porsche. Lexus builds an amazing car, but Mercedes-Benz builds a complete car. I've had 3 Lexus's (IS/GS/LS) and each one of them I felt did not completely compare with their MB counterpart. Lexus's reliabiltiy is incredible but thats not the only quality that makes a great car.
If I didn't have to worry about money/maintenance, MB all the way. They look and drive so much better. Lexus design and handling is most disappointing... Very lame designs and performance IMO. Maybe the new LF-A will change my mind
Old 04-04-09, 08:07 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I currently own a pair of Lexus'...I am heavily leaning towards a MB for our next SUV.

That being said....this thread is totally ghey. What other forum on the net allows a two year old thread to be bumped to trash their own brand?

Quick Reply: WHO in ClubLexus prefer something other than a Lexus?