Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Vehicles Exclusives. Free Parking, etc

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-07, 02:54 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Lexus Vehicles Exclusives. Free Parking, etc

I know Wikipedia is not a reliable source, but I decided to look up Lexus on the online encyclopedia. While reading through the Lexus page I came across this

"Lexus has also recently added an additional owners' privilege, the use of exclusive parking lots at major sporting arenas, entertainment events, and shopping malls, reserved only for Lexus vehicles."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone have list of the stuff they are talking about? Are a Lexus's included or only new models.
Old 08-04-07, 02:56 PM
LexFather

In Atlanta, they used to have complimentary valet at the most upscale mall in the SE, Phipps Plaza.
They continue to have "the Lexus lot" parking in front of "the Ted" where the Braves play, I've parked there many times.

Inside there is a Lexus "lane" or something where they actually ahve Lexus inside the private area that gets you to the owners booths. Pretty cool.

Old 08-04-07, 05:53 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In a number of these lots, all that matters is that you have a Lexus. Old or new, doesn't matter...they will wave you in (based on what I have read in Lexus Magazine and elsewhere).

And the Lexus article has been rated a Good Article on wikipedia, which means it is sourced and written in a more expert manner than the average article there.
Old 08-04-07, 05:59 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus sponsors the Hollywood Bowl.

I still have to pay $15 to park a quarter of a mile from the entrance...
Old 08-04-07, 06:15 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

With the Hollywood Bowl, the stack parking can be a nightmare, and there are probably no empty lots that Lexus could sponsor...that's my guess.

For those, I recommend the $5 park-and-ride buses that take you directly to the entrance, and you can park your car in a nice open lot closer to home.

Acura has sponsored the Disney Hall recently, and taken a page out of Lexus' book...on some nights all Acuras park free, and sometimes Acura also buys everyone dessert.
Old 08-04-07, 06:31 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is charlotte NC, Southpark mall is i would have to say charlotte best mall with expensive stores, but anywho, they offer free valet parking for lexus owners, not sure if its just hendrick lexus buyers because got something in the mail from hendrick lexus saying that hendrick lexus buyers have free valet parking or all lexus owners but im sure they dont care because any lexus can drive up and get their car valeted and the other brands well people would have to pay 5 bucks i like it i always valet my car with a place that offers valet
Old 08-04-07, 06:41 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

is there a list covering the states and what is offered somewhere on web? or the lexus site. I don't get there mag can I sign up is it free?
Old 08-07-07, 01:12 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

There are mentions here and there in Lexus Magazine...you can get the magazine if you are a Lexus Owner, just register on Lexus.com under Owners and there is an option to subscribe there.
Old 08-07-07, 01:35 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

MY wife got a card from Hendricks that gives free valet parking at The South Park Mall.
Old 08-08-07, 06:31 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
Here is charlotte NC, Southpark mall is i would have to say charlotte best mall with expensive stores, but anywho, they offer free valet parking for lexus owners, not sure if its just hendrick lexus buyers because got something in the mail from hendrick lexus saying that hendrick lexus buyers have free valet parking or all lexus owners but im sure they dont care because any lexus can drive up and get their car valeted and the other brands well people would have to pay 5 bucks i like it i always valet my car with a place that offers valet
I NEVER valet anymore (used to do it all the time, like you), because they bear no responsibility when they do things like this. If it was actually something RUN by the dealer, I wouldn't have a problem with it, because car dealers are one of the few types of buisness that actually bear legal responsibility for what they do to your car while it's in their posession. But this sounds like a regular valet service, with some sponsorship from a dealer so I'd still avoid it like the plague.
Old 12-21-07, 01:20 PM
joshmtx
Rookie

Here in the DFW area, Lexus owners can valet park for free at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington where the Texas Rangers play. The deal is good through 2010.

Some people question this move by Lexus. Personally I think it is great. Owners of other lesser cars have to pay or walk, haha! Lexus owners are always getting rewarded. If you were a Lexus owner and drove your friend who drives a BMW or MB for instance, to the game and were able to valet just because you are a Lexus owner, I think that would leave an impression on them. It may also make you think twice about buying something else if you perceive that Lexus will take care of you.
Old 12-21-07, 01:42 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by integra144
I know Wikipedia is not a reliable source, but I decided to look up Lexus on the online encyclopedia. While reading through the Lexus page I came across this

"Lexus has also recently added an additional owners' privilege, the use of exclusive parking lots at major sporting arenas, entertainment events, and shopping malls, reserved only for Lexus vehicles."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone have list of the stuff they are talking about? Are a Lexus's included or only new models.
There was a thread last week about Lexus parking at the Wachovia Center in Philly. I'd be pretty surprised if it's "free"; it's just close.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=324149

Last edited by tex2670; 12-21-07 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-21-07, 02:01 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by encore888
There are mentions here and there in Lexus Magazine...you can get the magazine if you are a Lexus Owner, just register on Lexus.com under Owners and there is an option to subscribe there.
How often does the magazine come? I signed up for the magazine three months ago and never received one yet. Is it bi-monthly, every six months, etc...?
Old 02-06-13, 01:12 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

mizner park shopping center in Boca Raton FL
offers Free valet parking for Lexus Vehicles

all the emplyess parking attendance and all wear lexus shirts and name tags
also parking sighns say something about your south Florida lexus dealer services provided or parking provided i think they are actualy run by the dealerships but i am not sure
Old 02-06-13, 07:37 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

I was able to park in any open spot near the local Little Caesars free of charge in my Lexus.