Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do you like to change to make Lexus dealers better?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-07, 07:11 AM
Seadee456
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by osokuko
I think something very special for the car buying customer at the conclusion of the sale. Nothing would be more spectacular than to have your new Lexus on display ready for your first drive off.
Aston Martin dealers put your car in a vault when you buy it. To retrieve it, they give you this special code and fingerprint. When the door opens, there's your new car! They're playing off the whole 007 thing.
Old 05-04-07, 07:14 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadee456
Aston Martin dealers put your car in a vault when you buy it. To retrieve it, they give you this special code and fingerprint. When the door opens, there's your new car! They're playing off the whole 007 thing.
Do you get something, Bond-style, for the right front seat as well?
Old 05-04-07, 07:20 AM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Do you get something, Bond-style, for the right front seat as well?
as in... Honey RydeR, or Jinx?
Old 05-04-07, 08:08 AM
cip
Pole Position

It's true they did light the path for what luxury ownership should be like.... but it's also true other luxury makes have equaled the experience. I bought (leased) my 1st Lexus in '94. It was a '92 SC400 off lease. I went on a test cruise not a test drive for about 45 minutes. I got to know the salesman, manager, and owner through my 3 years of ownership (totalled it) then continued my relationship when I bought my ES.

Through the early '90's not too many people even knew what a Lexus was, let alone have expectations of how to be treated by a :cough: salesman / service department.

Having been in and out of Lexus cars & dealerships over the past 13 years does give me some insight as to how things have changed... and yes some dealerships have kept the "Lexus Covenant" and are willing to consistently go the extra mile for their customer, while plenty of others are just riding the tail of the Lexus 'commodity' (read: more people have more disposable income to spend on more non-essential goods).

My suggestion to improve the sales/service of Lexus is to really get back to what differentiated Lexus from BMW, Jaguar, Benz... heck even Hyundai, Subaru, & Mazda... make it more about a relationship than a car sale/deal.

That’s my $.02 anyway
Old 05-04-07, 09:21 AM
Seadee456
Driver

Originally Posted by FrankyJ
as in... Honey RydeR, or Jinx?
Only if you buy the Vanquish. You don't get it on "lesser" Astons

Somebody tell me more about this airport parking service. Do they have this at all dealers?
Old 05-04-07, 10:31 AM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Definitely more customer parking. My dealer only has about 8 customer spots, and 2 of those are handicapped. Granted I live in Florida so those are always used, but still. Our BMW and Audi dealers each have >20 customer spots and I never have trouble finding parking.

Other than than we have the leather couches, big screen tvs, internet room. Preferably, at our GMC/caddy dealer they have laptops you can check out so you can go sit on the couches and watch tv rather than sit in the internet room.

Also the comments about loaners. In the morning when there is the onslaught of people dropping off cars, keep loaners on the side of the dealer so you can just grab them and go.
Old 05-04-07, 12:30 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDM
I was with a friend of mine and he was from a quite wealthy family and was about to graduate from college, he was telling me that he wanted to buy himself a car (a M3 to be exact) for his own graduate present. We didnt have anything to do one afternoon so screw it, we went to a BMW dealership. Mind you we look quite young and looked like *** since we both came back from work and it was a spur of the moment thing. We walk in, look around, pretend that we were window shopping hopping that a salesman would ask us that special question to make his day. First 3 mins nothing, 10 mins nothing, 45 mins nothing, you get the idea.
I'm in my early 30s but I look like I'm in my 20s, I went to Lexus of Mission Viejo w/my gf and no one gave me service AT ALL. I walked back and forth between a couple of cars right in front of the salesmen. No one came to great me. There were at least 4 salesmen right there and they didn't seem to want to help us. A few minutes later another couple rolled by and they helped them right away.

Longo Lexus on the other hand was extremely friendly. I've only been to 2 BMW dealerships and they have all greeted me and asked me if I needed help (Irvine/Newport).
Old 05-04-07, 04:29 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions guys. I will try to learn and apply some of the idea to make it work at our dealership.

Its all comes down to customer firsts and I know Lexus corp. knows and do their best to keep it at top notch. They know one day every dealership will be so busy selling cars and servicing the cars they sold,but not enough time to take care of the customers. It's like eating at one of the best restaurant in town, good food, good atmosphere,but you can't get a glass of water from the waitress. After the meal you're kinda wonder that you want to come back here again, even know they have the best food in town or just go to Hooters with so so food ,but you got some eye candy...lol.

I work at Lexus dealership for 10 years and I've seen so many happy customers and so many upset customers too. I really feel bad for the one that upset about whatever reason they're upset for and sometimes its kinda bring me down a little bit.

Right now we're working on pre-printed repair order, quicker loaner to the customers and more valets to do the pick up and drop off. The sales are trained to be more relax without pushing attitude and don't talk down about another car manufacturer.

Keep it coming guys...
Old 05-04-07, 05:12 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Definitely more customer parking. My dealer only has about 8 customer spots, and 2 of those are handicapped. Granted I live in Florida so those are always used, but still. Our BMW and Audi dealers each have >20 customer spots and I never have trouble finding parking.

Other than than we have the leather couches, big screen tvs, internet room. Preferably, at our GMC/caddy dealer they have laptops you can check out so you can go sit on the couches and watch tv rather than sit in the internet room.

Also the comments about loaners. In the morning when there is the onslaught of people dropping off cars, keep loaners on the side of the dealer so you can just grab them and go.
Lexus dealers have NO parking...
Last time i went to Kearney Mesa Lexus, i had to park two blocks away and walk there.
Old 05-04-07, 05:38 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

- Better loaners.

- More parking.

- As mentioned before techs and service reps who are more receptive
to the installation of aftermarket wheels would be nice...
Old 05-05-07, 04:07 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VVT-i
The sales are trained to be more relax without pushing attitude and don't talk down about another car manufacturer.

Keep it coming guys...
This is a really good point. I absolutely hate it when sales people talk bad about another car manufacturer or another brand of car. I had one sales guy casually mention to me while discussing a car on the show room "Who would want to buy XX car anyway". I said me. I own that car. They just don't know what other cars customers have at home.