Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

D2 Autosport Does It Again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-07, 11:58 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Derrick is the man!
Old 04-26-07, 11:24 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Derrick.............where are you?
Tell us more about the interview, I want to know more about that Bentley from your viewpoint. How were the folks at Modified L&E, currently my fave mag?
Don't be shy dude.
Old 04-26-07, 02:50 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by reggiek
Derrick.............where are you?
Tell us more about the interview, I want to know more about that Bentley from your viewpoint. How were the folks at Modified L&E, currently my fave mag?
Don't be shy dude.

Hey Reggie, first off thank you VERY much for the kind words, it means much more coming from my fellow CL'ers since I started here (first forum we ever sponsored).

The ML&E article is a great cap to the RIDES and VIBE features from the last two months.

The Bentley is a great car, I have been so closely involved with it since late 2005 that I know more about these cars than I ever thought I would. I have driven it a million times in all types of different conditions and different speeds. I can truly say that its the most well rounded car you will get for the money (Luxury, Comfort, Speed, Snob Appeal, Reliability, WOW factor, etc). There is no other car in this price range that hits every one of these targets so squarely. The exhaust is amazing, the color is vibrant and the power is massive! Whenever its posted on the net, there are detractors, but those very same people stare in awe when they see the car in person (one guy from g35driver apologized at a carshow for calling it ugly on the boards!).

The interview itself was also great, Colum Wood (Editor in Chief) conducted it, and one of the first things I relayed to him was my appreciation for being featured in one of my favorite magazines. It feels great to make such a contribution to a magazine that I personally hold in high regard. Its actually eerie because I feel as if I'm reading about someone else that did this insane Bentley, instead of myself! Lol

The article is not 100% accurate, the owner contacted us, because he knew of us via a local detail shop (he called my cell phone back in October 2005). We brought RPM on board for the software / intake, same for Harmony, it sort of reads like RPM had the inside track and reached out to us, which is not the way it happened. Its ok, this is showbiz, nothing is ever relayed 100% correctly and its a great writeup nonetheless. I consider myself fortunate and blessed and pray that we continue to progress!

I have to also take time out to thank Stefan for all of his efforts, he was mentioned in the RIDES / VIBE writeups but not this one, he is a great asset to the company and makes many worthwhile contributions in the field of promotion, brand visibility in key venues, etc.

Thanks again Reggie!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-26-07 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-27-07, 10:45 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats again D. I can't wait to get my hands on this when it comes out in the next few weeks around my area. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing this car in person yet(it was in FL a few months ago but you didn't swing it by the house) But I know that sooner or later I catch it at a show or in one of my visits up north..
Old 04-27-07, 02:41 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I have the article in pdf format, I'll see if I can post a few of the pics later
Old 04-27-07, 02:48 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I have the article in pdf format, I'll see if I can post a few of the pics later
Congrats Derrick. Looking fwd to seeing the article. Wasn't aware of the Vibe feature though. I'll have to scoop that one too.
Old 04-27-07, 03:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're very welcome Derrick. I enjoy seeing young men follow their dream to fruition. Especially one like mine. I wanted to open a customizing shop. My father n law and I agreed to open one when he left his 35 year job with the millions they owe in retirement. The company relocated and pop wasn't going with them. I thought this was it, we were gonna do it. Instead he deferred his money and took another job. Oh well, that's how it goes.

You guys may not see the issue for a while on the stands....it's the June issue. I guess they send them really early to subscribers.
Old 04-27-07, 06:16 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

PICS (Reggie you can copy them and paste in your original thread)

(Thats actually me sitting in the car!! lol)

Old 04-27-07, 08:43 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Where can i get this Magazine.. Nice shots of the GT...
Old 04-30-07, 05:54 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Where can i get this Magazine.. Nice shots of the GT...
Its at most bookstores, not sure if you guys have Borders or Barnes & Noble down there.
Old 05-01-07, 11:01 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

D, congrats bro, this article is just a fragment of what you offer as a company but more importantly as a person.

I had the pleasure of meeting and becoming friends with you prior to D2 and let me tell anyone this awesome company D built has done nothing but keep him humble and a good person. Couple that with a great eye for automobile modifications and you have a great company you have built.

Congrats and keep it going mang
Old 05-01-07, 02:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Its at most bookstores, not sure if you guys have Borders or Barnes & Noble down there.
Yea we have them.. I'm going to pic this up soon.. Thanks...
Old 05-31-07, 12:36 PM
L&E
Driver

Hey Reggie, first off thank you VERY much for the kind words, it means much more coming from my fellow CL'ers since I started here (first forum we ever sponsored).

The ML&E article is a great cap to the RIDES and VIBE features from the last two months.

The Bentley is a great car, I have been so closely involved with it since late 2005 that I know more about these cars than I ever thought I would. I have driven it a million times in all types of different conditions and different speeds. I can truly say that its the most well rounded car you will get for the money (Luxury, Comfort, Speed, Snob Appeal, Reliability, WOW factor, etc). There is no other car in this price range that hits every one of these targets so squarely. The exhaust is amazing, the color is vibrant and the power is massive! Whenever its posted on the net, there are detractors, but those very same people stare in awe when they see the car in person (one guy from g35driver apologized at a carshow for calling it ugly on the boards!).

The interview itself was also great, Colum Wood (Editor in Chief) conducted it, and one of the first things I relayed to him was my appreciation for being featured in one of my favorite magazines. It feels great to make such a contribution to a magazine that I personally hold in high regard. Its actually eerie because I feel as if I'm reading about someone else that did this insane Bentley, instead of myself! Lol

The article is not 100% accurate, the owner contacted us, because he knew of us via a local detail shop (he called my cell phone back in October 2005). We brought RPM on board for the software / intake, same for Harmony, it sort of reads like RPM had the inside track and reached out to us, which is not the way it happened. Its ok, this is showbiz, nothing is ever relayed 100% correctly and its a great writeup nonetheless. I consider myself fortunate and blessed and pray that we continue to progress!

I have to also take time out to thank Stefan for all of his efforts, he was mentioned in the RIDES / VIBE writeups but not this one, he is a great asset to the company and makes many worthwhile contributions in the field of promotion, brand visibility in key venues, etc.

Thanks again Reggie!

Thanks for the positive feedback to you and everyone on Clublexus! I hate to plug the magazine too much, but it's still a relatively new publication and every subscription counts! If you like the Bentley feature you'll love what we have coming up!

Colum
Old 05-31-07, 01:13 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by L&E
Thanks for the positive feedback to you and everyone on Clublexus! I hate to plug the magazine too much, but it's still a relatively new publication and every subscription counts! If you like the Bentley feature you'll love what we have coming up!

Colum
Welcome to Clublexus Colum!

I am a fellow Ontarion and have been a subscriber since the first issue! Great magazine!

Keep up the excellent work!
Old 05-31-07, 01:36 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Saw this in the last issue of ML&E. Congrats to you Derrick for coming up! From the side shot at a quick glance, I thought it was a CLK430! It might be because of the sky blue paint.

Quick Reply: D2 Autosport Does It Again!