Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Acura MDX Test Drive

Old 01-30-07, 11:29 AM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Acura MDX Test Drive

I had a chance to drive the 2007 Acura MDX today. Acura really did a nice job with this vehicle. I think I like it more than the RX.
Old 01-30-07, 11:35 AM
LexFather

I haven't driven it yet but looking at specs, it sure seems like another winner. I've seen them in person and looked at one at the dealer and that front end makes me gag.

Old 01-30-07, 11:49 AM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I haven't driven it yet but looking at specs, it sure seems like another winner. I've seen them in person and looked at one at the dealer and that front end makes me gag.
Yeah the front is not much to look at. The interior and Nav is what I liked the most. Drives nice and quiet.
Old 01-30-07, 12:31 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the front is not much to brag about but everything else (inside & outside) is much better comparing to the previous gen MDX.
Old 01-30-07, 07:17 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by widlfiresd
I had a chance to drive the 2007 Acura MDX today. Acura really did a nice job with this vehicle. I think I like it more than the RX.
Good to hear. Can you expand on your experience? What you liked, didn't like, how it handles, accelerates, brakes, etc.? How it specifically compares better, worse or just different than other vehicles you've driven. Thanks!
Old 01-30-07, 07:22 PM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Good to hear. Can you expand on your experience? What you liked, didn't like, how it handles, accelerates, brakes, etc.? How it specifically compares better, worse or just different than other vehicles you've driven. Thanks!
Features wise, I think it is close to Lexus. However, what I like most was the active suspension. You can turn it off and on depending on your mood.

When off, the car drove smooth and quiet. When on, it tightens up very well and handles like an X3/X5.

The Nav is exceptional. The 7 passenger seating is a joke. Of course it is a joke with the X5 too. Unless you are tranporting midgets.

Lexus still has a few points. i.e. Hybrid drive, touch screen, etc.

It is a tough call here. I like the RX but the Acura is right up there.
Old 01-30-07, 07:34 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

I have seen two over the past few days around where I live. Thought they were RDXs until I took a closer look. I will have to stop by the Acura in my neighborhood and given one a test drive with one of my buddies who works over there to see what I think (he told me originally they were going to come about a week later, but surprise) Definitely better looking than the last version.
Old 01-30-07, 10:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I got to drive this truck pretty hard a few months back (wrote a lengthy review here somewhere as well). All the mechanicals are greatly improved, it drove very nice(great steering, handling, adjustable suspension, SH-AWD works wonderfully), and even had some nicely bolstered seats. Things I didnt like?? The front grill (way to much bling for me), the myriad of buttons on the center console and steering wheel, and the fact that you can only get the power tailgate with the Rear Seat Entertainment Package which doesnt make any sense to me.