Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Brace yourselves! Infiniti releases a "brushstroke" of concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 05:43 PM
LexFather

Talking Brace yourselves! Infiniti releases a "brushstroke" of concept

Labeled simply "CROSSOVER" this brushstroke profile of an upcoming concept was released by Infiniti today. Actually, Infiniti called this line drawing a "gesture" of a "new luxury crossover concept" that we'll be seeing at the New York International Auto Show in April. Infiniti even promised that the production version of this luxury crossover concept will be in Infiniti showrooms by the end of 2007. Is it a new FX replacement? It actually looks like a Mazda RX-8 to some of us, and definitely not a four-door. Perhaps it's an altogether new model to go head-to-head with all those crossover coupe offerings coming from the Euro luxury car makers like the the BMW X6 or Land Rover Coupe. Perhaps with all of the leaked photos that came out ahead of the Detroit unveilings, this will be the closest we get to seeing what the mystery vehicle really looks like until April in New York.
Taken from VWvortex
Originally Posted by FaLeX
Infiniti releases brushstroke art of crossover concept (debut @ 2007 NYIAS)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/0...ncept/

Old 01-11-07, 05:49 PM
LexFather

With Lexus coming with the LS 600h L, the LF-A actual concept, the IS-F is coming, etc etc, this is a laughable press release. Possibly one of the 10 worst I've seen. NAIAS, THE BIGGEST AUTO SHOW IN AMERICA is going on now, and they release, in their biggest market
1. A Sketch of a car
2. A brushstroke

Hell even Acura dropped the next NSX concept.
At this point, this brand will have 2 cars, the G35 and M35/45 and 3 SUVs, FX 35/45, QX56 and this thing. The GT-R will be a Nissan.

They said pretty much all top Infiniti mgt left the company instead of moving to Tennessee. I really believe that now.

Old 01-11-07, 07:16 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm.... Looks like a DB9.

It is probably the CX35 SUV that has been rumored. I believe the name has been trademarked already by Infiniti. It is supposed to be in the same class as the Acura RDX and BMW X3.

Kinda ridiculous if you ask me because the FX is already fairly small on the inside as it is compared to other cars in its class. The trunk space lacks big time aswell. The RDX has an interior thats pretty close in size to the FX. I couldn't imagine a smaller interior on the CX.
Old 01-11-07, 07:17 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased
Hmm.... Looks like a DB9.

It is probably the CX35 SUV that has been rumored. I believe the name has been trademarked already by Infiniti. It is supposed to be in the same class as the Acura RDX and BMW X3.

Kinda ridiculous if you ask me because the FX is already fairly small on the inside as it is compared to other cars in its class. The RDX has an interior thats pretty close in size to the FX. I couldn't imagine a smaller interior on the CX.
mother of GOD I agree with you 100%

Old 01-11-07, 07:38 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh, I heard they got alot up their sleeves.. Don't underestimate Infiniti - I guess they kinda want you to with this press release and then Surprise us -my sources say new models arriving this Spring '07.. I guess well have to wait and see.
Old 01-11-07, 07:42 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Infiniti should just bow out gracefully. With so many discontinued models such as the G20, I35, M30, J30 and QX4 why are they still in the luxury market? With the latest discontinued model the Q45 they have no chance at all. Lexus has released the LS 460 and soon to be LS 600h L. Infiniti is lefted far behind...
Old 01-11-07, 08:06 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
With Lexus coming with the LS 600h L, the LF-A actual concept, the IS-F is coming, etc etc, this is a laughable press release. Possibly one of the 10 worst I've seen. NAIAS, THE BIGGEST AUTO SHOW IN AMERICA is going on now, and they release, in their biggest market
1. A Sketch of a car
2. A brushstroke

Hell even Acura dropped the next NSX concept.
At this point, this brand will have 2 cars, the G35 and M35/45 and 3 SUVs, FX 35/45, QX56 and this thing. The GT-R will be a Nissan.

They said pretty much all top Infiniti mgt left the company instead of moving to Tennessee. I really believe that now.
You talk as if these two things were Infiniti's debuts for Detroit. Things things are scheduled for New York, which has been historically Infiniti and Nissan's big show: this is where they debuted the original G35, the M, the G35 coupe, the new G35, and basically every important Infiniti. Why WOULDN'T they release the G35 coupe and this concept at New York?

I believe this car is the CX crossover to compete with the X3 and the RDX, which will allow the next gen FX to grow larger, ala M-Class and X5. The FX is the next car to be replaced in the line-up anyway.

Random: I drew this http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32674888/ about a year ago. I wonder how close it'll be :P
Old 01-11-07, 08:08 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trexus
Infiniti should just bow out gracefully. With so many discontinued models such as the G20, I35, M30, J30 and QX4 why are they still in the luxury market? With the latest discontinued model the Q45 they have no chance at all. Lexus has released the LS 460 and soon to be LS 600h L. Infiniti is lefted far behind...
You obviously forgot about the old G35, the new G35, and the M, all of which have garnered almost universal praise from the press. The FX is one of the most stylish SUV's on the market right now. Have you totally forgotten about all these vehicles or did your mind simply skip the past six-seven years?
Old 01-11-07, 08:09 PM
MikeSC4
Driver

Discontinued models? I don't think the G20, M30 and QX4 count as being discontinued. Its like saying the SC400, GS300, IS300, etc have been discontinued which isn't really the case.
Old 01-11-07, 08:30 PM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by knihc2008
You talk as if these two things were Infiniti's debuts for Detroit. Things things are scheduled for New York, which has been historically Infiniti and Nissan's big show: this is where they debuted the original G35, the M, the G35 coupe, the new G35, and basically every important Infiniti. Why WOULDN'T they release the G35 coupe and this concept at New York?

I believe this car is the CX crossover to compete with the X3 and the RDX, which will allow the next gen FX to grow larger, ala M-Class and X5. The FX is the next car to be replaced in the line-up anyway.

Random: I drew this http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32674888/ about a year ago. I wonder how close it'll be :P
Do you get this excited watching paint dry?

Originally Posted by MikeSC4
Discontinued models? I don't think the G20, M30 and QX4 count as being discontinued. Its like saying the SC400, GS300, IS300, etc have been discontinued which isn't really the case.
100% Incorrect.
G20 was discontinued twice. Then went from FWD, I-4 Primera based to RWD V-6 350Z based.
M30 was discontinued for what, 12 years. It was a coupe. Now its a sedan.
QX4 was Pathfinder based V-6. Now its Armada based V-8

SC 400 became SC 430 Both RWD, V-8
GS 300 became GS 300 twice than GS 350. No gaps
IS 300 became IS 250/320. Same RWD, V-6s.....

You are mixing discontinued with NEXT generation. For example, G35 1st gen is now 2007 G35 2nd gen.

Old 01-11-07, 08:38 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

What's with Infiniti and their "brushstroke" ads.. they did that with the M car too I remember.
Old 01-11-07, 08:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

The new Infiniti Rorschach.
Old 01-11-07, 09:25 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

From that odd brushstroke it does not look like an SUV or suv type crossover. It looks more like a sports car or sports coupe but its hard to tell. It could be the rumored larger v-8 M coupe or some kind of coupelike 4 door sports sedan like the Merc CLS.
Old 01-11-07, 09:37 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

by this logic american cars shouldve bowed out long ago, they have way more discontinued models, most dont even last past a single generation
Old 01-11-07, 09:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
by this logic american cars shouldve bowed out long ago, they have way more discontinued models, most dont even last past a single generation
They are damn well on their way!
Lincoln Continental and Lincoln LS, discontinued
CAddy Catera, discontinued

Quick Reply: Brace yourselves! Infiniti releases a "brushstroke" of concept