Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Infiniti QX56

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 01:00 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Dont care to wait for the 2008 LX? Take a look...

I have never been a big fan of the qx56 when it comes to the interior...but wow---has that changed now...check out the links. Power is there too, and now power folding 3rd row seats...and less expensive. This is going to make waiting for the 08 LX much more difficult for me--especially when there is little to nothing known about it. What does everyone think about the 08 qx56?? Looking forward to opinions!!

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/infinit...6-ar18752.html

and

http://www.infinitinews.com/multimed...008/qx56.shtml
Old 01-10-07, 02:05 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pemarsh
I have never been a big fan of the qx56 when it comes to the interior...but wow---has that changed now...check out the links. Power is there too, and now power folding 3rd row seats...and less expensive. This is going to make waiting for the 08 LX much more difficult for me--especially when there is little to nothing known about it. What does everyone think about the 08 qx56?? Looking forward to opinions!!

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/infinit...6-ar18752.html

and

http://www.infinitinews.com/multimed...008/qx56.shtml
No offense but why? The interior might be improved and that thing definitely has a lot of power but it's uglier than sin.
Old 01-10-07, 02:10 PM
_JP_
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's a guy on the mud forum that claims to be an infiniti tech. he says to stay well away from the QX. i'd say you'd be better off getting the gl450 with OR package than that infiniti.

i think you're gonna kick yourself for not waiting for the new LX. i chose the 07 LX over all of the competition so you know where i stand. i'm sure the new LX will be amazing, but i'm quite sure there's gonna be one helluva wait.

good luck pemarsh. i would agree with 1loudlx that this probably isn't the appropriate forum for this post.

being the obsessive type really sucks when it comes to choosing an automobile. especially when you know that what you really want probably isn't currently available.

jp
Old 01-10-07, 02:12 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Not to mention that the Infiniti QX's been rated to have just about the worst quality/reliability of any vehicle sold in this country (along w/ the h2). The interiors have the same cheapo plastic feel like the Fords, also the suspension is identical to those used on Fords (rear shocks are located in a stupid area near the center, lower mounts stick downwards and can get snagged). The real offroad vehicles tend have to lower shock mounts close to the inner rear wheels so they don't get banged on rocks/obstacles. You also get more damping leverage on the rear axle.
Old 01-10-07, 03:05 PM
LexFather

There is more engineering in the door of a 1998 LX 470, than an entire new 2007 QX56......

Old 01-10-07, 05:36 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

I see them at the auction all the time and the leather does not hold up very well. Very, very cheap leather.
Old 01-10-07, 06:25 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Still a piece of junk.....
Old 01-10-07, 06:39 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by _JP_
there's a guy on the mud forum that claims to be an infiniti tech. he says to stay well away from the QX. i'd say you'd be better off getting the gl450 with OR package than that infiniti.

i think you're gonna kick yourself for not waiting for the new LX. i chose the 07 LX over all of the competition so you know where i stand. i'm sure the new LX will be amazing, but i'm quite sure there's gonna be one helluva wait.

good luck pemarsh. i would agree with 1loudlx that this probably isn't the appropriate forum for this post.

being the obsessive type really sucks when it comes to choosing an automobile. especially when you know that what you really want probably isn't currently available.

jp
i agree with whoever you are talking about being the infiniti tech, i work for an infiniti dealership in the service department, they are crap and suck a total waste of money, you'll be in the shop next week with rattles in the rear, brake problems, condensation in the headlamp. but anywho, you'll be better off gettin a land cruiser, not as big but more capable off-road, quieter, and rides a hell of alot better. we had an 04 used land cruiser on the lot parked next to i believe three used QXs and the land crusier was always what they wanted to look at.
Old 01-10-07, 07:48 PM
_JP_
Driver School Candidate

perhaps AJL was the infiniti tech i was thinking of and had my forums confused. either way, good info from the horses mouth...

that vehicle has never made sense to me as it totally strays from the rest of the infiniti line. rode in one of their sedans a few yrs back and felt that it had the most uncomfortable front seat i had ever sat in.

jp
Old 01-11-07, 01:22 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

I dont see much of a difference looks wise but the interior does look better. At least from what ive heard, it will now be built in japan and most likely will not be plagued by build quality problems

Last edited by Hypnotik; 01-11-07 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-11-07, 08:07 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
I dont see much of a difference looks wise but the interior does look better. At least from what ive heard, it will now be built in japan and most likely will not be plagued by build quality problems
The next generation is planned to be built in Japan. The current one just revised is still built in Mississippi.

Old 01-11-07, 08:21 AM
Koma

So wait is this a refresh or is it actually a next gen QX?
Old 01-11-07, 10:21 AM
Calbo
Driver School Candidate

Hello. Does anyone else think that the QX is more of a Sequoia competitor? It's an upscale Armada, and the Armada is a wagon body on a Titan truck frame.
Old 01-12-07, 09:54 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
So wait is this a refresh or is it actually a next gen QX?
Refresh, kind of similar to what the FX recently received. I still like the interior of my old Pathfinder over that.
Old 01-15-07, 11:05 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Angry

I just could not believe the reliability for the qx is that bad. So, i tool a look at consumer reports, and ALL of the infinities are rated well above average----EXCEPT the qx56, which is rated at the very bottom. Hare to believe based on all the other infinities great reliability ratings. Why are all the others so good, but this model is so damn poor???

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti QX56