Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Next Infiniti Flagship (Q50 ?? ) Flagship Rendering in Japanese Magazine . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 05:05 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Incendiary
Who'd they copy from last time?
Oops I think you're right. They were actually quite original in their last attempt. Too bad it wasn't the sort of originality appreciated by most.
Old 12-11-06, 05:06 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
The Avalon Tail lights ?
Haha, didn't think of that one, but quite true.
Old 12-11-06, 05:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
The Avalon Tail lights ?

Old 12-11-06, 05:15 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marshmallo
I would not underestimate them. They seem to be getting their
act together.

All I am saying is that it should not just look like a bigger G or M...
Underestimate them, I want to shop them. I was driving a 735 when the original LS and the Q came out. The LS was a snooze to a 735 driver even with it's V8 but the Q could outrun me on any road if it was driven well. I feel old in the LS460 but am having real heartburn going A8 or 750. A Q that recaptures the original theme would have me looking at it very seriously. Now, whether Ghosn will let them make that car or whether he will let the accountants rule will have to be seen. Can't say anything from imaginary renderings but I would not underestimate their ability to once again take a good bite out of the large luxury sedan market if they do it right.
Old 12-11-06, 06:01 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RON430
Now, whether Ghosn will let them make that car or whether he will let the accountants rule will have to be seen. Can't say anything from imaginary renderings but I would not underestimate their ability to once again take a good bite out of the large luxury sedan market if they do it right.
Ghosn said the new Q was going to kick the LS's behind...
Considering how good Lexus has made the LS I will have to
say that is highly unlikely.
Old 12-11-06, 06:11 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Ghosn said the new Q was going to kick the LS's behind...
Considering how good Lexus has made the LS I will have to
say that is highly unlikely.
Man, I guess we will see but he doesn't have quite the golden touch at Nissan anymore. Could they make a better handling large sedan than the LS? That wouldn't be too difficult. Whether they can do anything else other than figure out how to put a decent sized trunk on it, we will have to see. And just to demonstrate how fickle I can be, I wouldn't wait too long. The benchmarks you lay out for something to compete in this class today might not sell very well in the market four or five years from now. They waited a long time to work on the Q, I don't think I would want to wait until the next 7 comes out to try and get in the market.
Old 12-11-06, 06:17 PM
LexFather

Man, I guess we will see but he doesn't have quite the golden touch at Nissan anymore. Could they make a better handling large sedan than the LS? That wouldn't be too difficult. Whether they can do anything else other than figure out how to put a decent sized trunk on it, we will have to see. And just to demonstrate how fickle I can be, I wouldn't wait too long. The benchmarks you lay out for something to compete in this class today might not sell very well in the market four or five years from now. They waited a long time to work on the Q, I don't think I would want to wait until the next 7 comes out to try and get in the market.
The LS/7/S/A8 are about over abundance, class, image and prestige not just on a car level but a BRAND level. That is A LOT to overcome.

Old 12-11-06, 06:23 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The LS/7/S/A8 are about over abundance, class, image and prestige not just on a car level but a BRAND level. That is A LOT to overcome.
Well, as it was in the beginning, the Q was the real alternative to the 7 while the LS seemed to be aiming more at the S and XJ customer. Then it went horribly wrong. Funny how the brand really got its start with that model and now it is the worst in the lineup. Not just talking sales, the Q is really a nonevent. Strange headlights aren't enough.
Old 12-11-06, 06:39 PM
LexFather

Well, as it was in the beginning, the Q was the real alternative to the 7 while the LS seemed to be aiming more at the S and XJ customer. Then it went horribly wrong. Funny how the brand really got its start with that model and now it is the worst in the lineup. Not just talking sales, the Q is really a nonevent. Strange headlights aren't enough.
Yes from the start the Q45 was more headed towards the 7 and the LS more towards the Benz. The Q has been a giant failure for 17 years now it has never made NIssan a dime, ever.
Ghosen has been ADAMENT that he is not in the business to make cars that DO NOT make money, that is what got Nissan in trouble in the first place.

So I guess we'll see what this ConceptQ is....

Click on the below link for a cool sketch of the first gen Q!

http://www.conceptnissan.com/misc.htm

Old 12-11-06, 06:47 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Click on the below link for a cool sketch of the first gen Q!

http://www.conceptnissan.com/misc.htm
Haha if a luxury sedan without a grille is considered "cool", then yeah, that's a cool sketch alright.
Old 12-11-06, 09:24 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

In the past when there were possible discussions of a new M45, people (especially on this forum) were very doubtful that it would succeed because infiniti had no brand prestige and blah blah blah. There was also discussion that the M would do very poorly against the GS. Fast forward ahead to now and we can see the M is doing very well. I wouldnt underestimate nissan. They've already shown that they can take a big bite out of the luxury car market if the vehicle is done correctly. If the new Q is done "right" and has good marketing, it can easily be a competitor again.
Old 12-11-06, 09:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
In the past when there were possible discussions of a new M45, people (especially on this forum) were very doubtful that it would succeed because infiniti had no brand prestige and blah blah blah. There was also discussion that the M would do very poorly against the GS. Fast forward ahead to now and we can see the M is doing very well. I wouldnt underestimate nissan. They've already shown that they can take a big bite out of the luxury car market if the vehicle is done correctly. If the new Q is done "right" and has good marketing, it can easily be a competitor again.
It hasn't bit anything out of any market, BMW/Benz/Lexus are not suffering b/c of the car. It has done well for Infiniti though, from a review and sales perspective.

M=

Old 12-11-06, 09:35 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

It hasn't bit anything out of any market, BMW/Benz/Lexus are not suffering b/c of the car. It has done well for Infiniti though, from a review and sales perspective.

M=
They may not be suffering from the M sales, but the M sales are taking customers that would have gone in their direction. If i recall, you were one of those highly doubtful people that the M would ever succeed. M is not the same as ///M. Get over it
Old 12-11-06, 09:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
They may not be suffering from the M sales, but the M sales are taking customers that would have gone in their direction. If i recall, you were one of those highly doubtful people that the M would ever succeed. M is not the same as ///M. Get over it
If u can find a quote where I said the M35/45 would fail, please do so. Otherwise I said the RL would fail, the M35/45 was okay but the GS was my favorite. After seeing the M35/45 being 5k-10k less than the competiton, it was clear people would buy it. I am not a fan of the brand, I am still unimpressed as a whole and don't expect me to be even though I really like the new G35. I am not one that can forget 15 years of mediocrity, not my nature.

It is advertised as "the M from a company called Infiniti". I think "M" I think this.

Old 12-11-06, 10:20 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

In any case, I think more competition from Infiniti & Acura is good. I look forward to see a new Q & also would like to see Acura make a large luxury V8 flagship as well.
Lexus have to take them seriously, it's not only MB & BMW they are competing against.
If anything, more competition from Infiniti & Acura can hopefully keep Lexus on their toes & push them to not only keep improving their existing models, but to strengthen their luxury model lineup as well by adding more model varieties, especially at the higher end, to further distance themselves from Infiniti & Acura, & compete better with MB & BMW in a model to model basis.

Quick Reply: Next Infiniti Flagship (Q50 ?? ) Flagship Rendering in Japanese Magazine . . .