Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Accord Coupe Concept @ Detroit (Sedan rendering pg. 8)

Old 01-08-07, 03:05 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Its simple, because its a Honda, and this is a Lexus board. Go read what they think of the IS-F on Acurazine. Its the same reaction but in reverse.
Old 01-08-07, 03:44 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased
I have a feeling some people would have hated this car either way no matter how good it looked.
Not me personally. I used to own a 98 Accord coupe myself and
I liked that design much more than anything Honda has come up with
since then. The problem Honda has with the Accord is unbelievably
BORING styling. If the car looked even remotely good it would be
invincible and would crush the Camry.
Old 01-08-07, 03:53 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think you can all this concept Accord boring. I think it is the most bold and and aggressive Accord Coupe design to date. Before Accord Coupes were always nice looking 2 door versions of the sedan. The 98 you have broke that mode and started to differentiate itself from the sedan. Although we haven't seen the updated sedan version, I can't see it looking anything as bold as this coupe. I too had Accord Coupes in my family and this too my is the best looking one. I am a full blown coupe lover. Almost all my cars were coupes. It is not perfect as no car is perfect, but compared to what else is out there in and around its class it is a winner IMHO. I can't wait to see what the redesigned Solara will look like because the current one is pretty ugly in my view.
Old 01-08-07, 04:36 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
Its simple, because its a Honda, and this is a Lexus board. Go read what they think of the IS-F on Acurazine. Its the same reaction but in reverse.
So just because some Acurazine members don't like the IS-F, that means Lexus owners automatically don't like Honda? Sounds dumb to me. Maybe we could try putting ourselves ABOVE Honda owners, not at the same level. Just my two cents.

And no offense, IMO, the IS-F is ugly. I would take a stock IS350 ANYDAY over the IS-F. The IS-F looks like it was put together from the spare parts bin at Wings West or Kaminari. VERY disproportional and ricey IMO.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic...
Old 01-08-07, 04:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased
To ME, it looks like an Audi up front and a BMW from the side. The rear looks not so hot (i.e Scion).

I don't understand why some people are so dissapointed. This is the Honda Accord we are talking about, not the next Modena. Seems like everyone was expecting a very emotional design. When has the Accord, or any other car in this class for that matter had an emotional design? This is supposed to be a pedestrian car and always has been. Anyone who thinks the next car should have been designed by Italy or something needs to wake up and face reality. I have a feeling some people would have hated this car either way no matter how good it looked.
IT LOOKS LIKE A DB9! ...Funny thing is, I was saying I like it, and most everyone else hates it

Old 01-08-07, 05:01 PM
xioix
Racer

Wow, that looks like crap; the rear looked pretty nice, but then the side shot looks really awkward
Old 01-08-07, 05:15 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda get ready to lose alot of sales.
Old 01-08-07, 05:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jwong77
Does anyone really care what a bunch of 4/6 cylinder/FWD/discontinued car people think of a 5.0 V-8, RWD badass sports sedan Acura can't begin to compete with? They won't get it. Should stick to comenting about Kias and rental cars.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-08-07 at 05:38 PM.

Old 01-08-07, 05:56 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Seeing the car upclose in person today, the front is very Volvo-esque. The rear...dunno what to say. It's basically A triangle forced into a square. The design philosphy is somewhat confused.
Old 01-08-07, 06:33 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I think it looks really good.
Old 01-09-07, 04:03 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS

That looks HOT!!!

The front shot reminds me of the Audi TT...
Old 01-09-07, 06:05 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

I thought it looked really nice when I saw the pictures. Maybe I am different from the majority. I like the clean and simple design.
Old 01-09-07, 06:15 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The first few pics looked ok then I saw the one from the car show. Thats ugly. It kind of looks somewhat G35 Coupe/350Z(ish) with the roofline and then throw in some TSX and tC and I guess this is what they came up with...
Old 01-09-07, 07:01 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

I like it except for the tail-lights. I abhor clear glass with silver+colored lenses.
Old 01-09-07, 08:11 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

I like the new design. The side shot makes you think twice but it will be one of those things you dislike but after seeing it a few times on the road it will grow on you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda Accord Coupe Concept @ Detroit (Sedan rendering pg. 8)