Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Accord Coupe Concept @ Detroit (Sedan rendering pg. 8)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-07, 09:03 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. Front doesn't match the roofline which doesn't match the sides which doesn't match the rear. Design doesn't flow at all.
Old 01-08-07, 09:21 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rosskoss
Yup. Front doesn't match the roofline [...]. Design doesn't flow at all.
You can all thank the current push to make vehicle front ends more pedestrian-collision friendly.
Old 01-08-07, 09:27 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Better pics new Accord !

I added them on the next post

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 01-08-07 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-08-07, 09:29 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default Better pics new Accord !

[URL="
Old 01-08-07, 09:36 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

I was liking it until i saw the side shot. BLEH!
Old 01-08-07, 09:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

The rest HERE
Old 01-08-07, 10:31 AM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

almost as ugly as the new CR-V
Old 01-08-07, 11:46 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default Retard !!

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
almost as ugly as the new CR-V
They tried to mix too many things!
TC, Audi & Altima Coupe rear with a TL / Malibu front,,,,,,,,,,,uhhhhhhhh!
Old 01-08-07, 11:54 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

the grill reminds me of the ridgeline
Old 01-08-07, 12:17 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

I was going to say, leave the tC tails to where they belong, I actually like the ones on the current accord than the ones in this concept; I could live with the front end..
Old 01-08-07, 12:46 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrow Info

TOV
Date: January 08, 2007 09:30
Submitted by: Jeff
Source: Honda Press Release
Credibility Rating: Not Specified

DETROIT, Jan. 8, 2007 – The Honda Accord Coupe Concept reveals a totally new look for the next-generation Accord, along with key technologies for safety, fuel efficiency and performance, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. The Accord is Honda’s best-selling model in North America and its debut at NAIAS marks the first time that an Accord concept vehicle has ever been shown at a major auto show.

The styling of the Accord Coupe Concept conveys a powerful stance through its long hood, deeply sculpted lower body and fastback roofline. A six-sided grille and projector headlamps that recess deep into the front fenders contribute to an unmistakable and aggressive front fascia. Quad exhaust outlets integrated into the rear diffuser further convey performance and style beyond any Accord to date.

“The Accord Coupe Concept demonstrates the styling direction for the upcoming, eighth-generation Accord,” said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. “As the industry’s target for midsize segment excellence, the all-new Accord will set a new benchmark for safety, efficiency, performance, refinement and style.”

A more powerful and lower-emissions V6 engine will provide higher fuel efficiency with the incorporation of Honda’s next-generation Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology. Honda leads the industry with the highest Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rating for any full line manufacturer of 29.2 miles per gallon - well above the industry average of 25.3 miles per gallon.

As part of Honda’s “Safety for Everyone” initiative, all next-generation Accord models will include the company’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure. Honda’s ACE Body Structure incorporates a front-end frame structure that helps absorb and disperse crash energy over a large area in a frontal impact. ACE also makes the vehicle more crash compatible in frontal impacts with vehicles of differing ride heights.

The current generations of the Odyssey (2005), Civic (2006) and CR-V (2007) all have the ACE Body Structure. Together, the ACE-equipped vehicles represent more than 50 percent of all 2007 Honda vehicles sold on a sales-weighted basis. With the addition of the next-generation Accord to the lineup of vehicles with ACE, more than 75 percent will be equipped with the technology on a sales-weighted basis after it goes on sale.

Honda Accord History
The Honda Accord, currently in its seventh generation in 30 years, remains Honda’s best-selling vehicle worldwide and has consistently been one of the top five best-selling automobiles in the U.S. Known for its ride and handling, comfort and convenience features, safety, quality and refinement, the Accord delivers world-class style with sophistication and performance. The Accord was launched in 1976 with subsequent major re-designs debuting in 1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998 and 2003. More than 9.5 million Accords have been sold in the U.S. since 1976.

Car and Driver magazine named the 2007 Honda Accord as one of the winners of its prestigious and highly competitive annual "10Best Cars" award. The Accord has achieved "10Best" status 21 times in the 25 years that Car and Driver editors have been conducting the competition, more than any other vehicle in the award's history.

Honda Accord Coupe Concept Specifications

* Type: Two-door Coupe
* Seating Capacity: 5-passenger
* Engine: V6 engine with VTEC and VCM
Glad to see the VCM used again but still not sure why it was not included on the RDX, MDX or even the CR-V.
Old 01-08-07, 12:57 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
the grill reminds me of the ridgeline

Definitely looks like it belongs on a truck. To many horizontal lines on the front end. Like a 1980's design. Matter of fact, heres a Honda SUV with basically the same front end...

I just dont care for the design at all. It doesnt excite, it doesnt bore, nothing new or cutting edge about the design, its just..."there". Cant really say it looks better or worse than anything else in this class.
Old 01-08-07, 01:13 PM
Milla...

Where are the trunks going these days, is it a hatch? Sheesh I hate that crap. You have this long hood and huge overhang and nothing for a rear in. Crapy proportions. BUT it does look better than the current bar of soap they named accord coupe.
Old 01-08-07, 02:21 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

It looks pretty dull to me.
Old 01-08-07, 02:37 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

To ME, it looks like an Audi up front and a BMW from the side. The rear looks not so hot (i.e Scion).

I don't understand why some people are so dissapointed. This is the Honda Accord we are talking about, not the next Modena. Seems like everyone was expecting a very emotional design. When has the Accord, or any other car in this class for that matter had an emotional design? This is supposed to be a pedestrian car and always has been. Anyone who thinks the next car should have been designed by Italy or something needs to wake up and face reality. I have a feeling some people would have hated this car either way no matter how good it looked.

Last edited by DrUnBiased; 01-08-07 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Honda Accord Coupe Concept @ Detroit (Sedan rendering pg. 8)