Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 02:48 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
So there is something called terminal velocity....
:

I think I saw that movie
Old 12-04-06, 02:56 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

killing someone for a little egg on your car is just a little extreme, imho
Old 12-04-06, 03:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean
Big high school football players? Probably the biggest I've ever heard of. At my highschool, being over 200lbs was big (unless you were a lineman -- and lineman can't run for crap)

Hard to believe actually... most high school kids don't have the willpower, the knowledge, or the access to steroids (monetary and distribution-wise) to get THAT big.
We grow em pretty big down south.
I don't know what you're talking about.....steroids??? I'm a little older, we didn't know of steroids in the 70's and 80's. My father took them as part of his cancer treatment but I wouldn't have ever thought of taking it to get big. I'm just a big man. Now that I'm getting up there in age, I notice the weight easily settles around the midsection...boy that sucks.

Okay, the egg hits a panel and it needs repainting at worse. A 300 dollar panel repaint...is that worth a human life??? I can't believe you guys would even joke like that. You are joking...right?
I can't believe I did that crap as a kid. A basically good kid. I guess no one is perfect.
Old 12-04-06, 05:55 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, nobody deserved to die for something like that nor even be shot at for it.

Those who think it is somehow ok this happened, might want to rethink period, but certainly rethink having kids yourselves because you might think it's ok somebody shoots your kid if you have one and kills them if they do what kids have done for decades, egg stuff, including cars and other absurd, senseless things teens and kids sometimes do. ????-Your kid hunted down by some angry nutcase with a gun and murdered and you would say about your own kid...well, he got what he deserved or he got was he asking for or I choose not to care because he egged a guy's car as you apply to this kid and the kid's family????
Old 12-04-06, 06:23 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, tough crowd... I'd settle for maybe breaking a leg
or two, but killing some kid over egging a car???

We got a bunch of fascist goons on CL
Old 12-04-06, 06:31 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Wow, tough crowd... I'd settle for maybe breaking a leg
or two, but killing some kid over egging a car???

We got a bunch of fascist goons on CL
Breaking a leg or two? I hope you are joking.

Make the kid wash the car, yeah, that is if you can catch them, tell their parents about it, yeah, but injure no, or murder, heck no, that is sinister.

These kids aren't out there doing this thinking, I'm going to get me a door panel replacment hit or a hood replacement hit, or I'm going to see if I can cause an accident, they are in the total moron phase many, many teenagers go through, they simply do not think. God help the parents of the world when a teenager is in the mix.
Old 12-04-06, 06:37 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Yeah, I kid.

Just doing my mob boss impersonation.
Old 12-04-06, 07:29 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Make the kid wash the car, yeah, that is if you can catch them, tell their parents about it....
More like make them repaint the car. An egg will almost always cause enough impact damage that a repaint of the effected panels is required. When the actual egg hits the paint the shell explodes such that it leaves a crater (very much like a little meteor) in the clear coat, and is unrepairable; and that's not even mentioning the fact that the protein in eggs is bad for the paint and will dry it and cause cracking if the egg dries.

So killing, harming, beating, setting on fire? No. Recourse? Hell yes. If I caught a kid egging my car he'd be paying for the repaint.
Old 12-04-06, 07:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Picture this...

You're leaving the dealership now driving the car of your dreams. The kind of car you've wanted for decades but never thought you'd one day be able to own. Finally you could get it. You had to wait 3 months for the order, and amazingly, you're now driving it home. It's beautiful. It's magical. It's a reward for all your hard work. It's exciting. You laugh as you drive it, hardly believing you've now got it.

You pull up to the stop sign. Seemingly out of nowhere several teenagers appear, yelling things you can't quite hear, their arms wildly flailing, and before you know it, splat, crack, splat, splat. Several eggs hit the shiny new paint and glass. Some runs down the windshield. Through the smear and shells you see the teenagers laughing, jumping up and down, and beginning to turn and go away. You're in disbelief.

How do you feel? What do you do? What should you do?
Old 12-04-06, 07:45 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Picture this...

You're leaving the dealership now driving the car of your dreams. The kind of car you've wanted for decades but never thought you'd one day be able to own. Finally you could get it. You had to wait 3 months for the order, and amazingly, you're now driving it home. It's beautiful. It's magical. It's a reward for all your hard work. It's exciting. You laugh as you drive it, hardly believing you've now got it.

You pull up to the stop sign. Seemingly out of nowhere several teenagers appear, yelling things you can't quite hear, their arms wildly flailing, and before you know it, splat, crack, splat, splat. Several eggs hit the shiny new paint and glass. Some runs down the windshield. Through the smear and shells you see the teenagers laughing, jumping up and down, and beginning to turn and go away. You're in disbelief.

i would call the cops
or stalk them and beat them down
or stalk them find out where they live and tell their parents and have them pay for a high class detailing job (preferably done by Picus )

cars can be replaced or cleaned up, lives cannot
if no one was hurt physically by the egging then a little punishment goes a long way

if a car accident happens and someone gets seriously injured due to the egging then id find those kids and send them to court
Old 12-04-06, 08:46 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Picture this...

You hold your breath and think to yourself "Am I stupid enough to shoot those kids. Or am I going take another route that a man with integrity and morals will take. And hopefully these kids will learn their lesson properly."

Yeah, you will be shocked and upset. But are you going to shoot or hurt someone every time you're upset?
Old 12-04-06, 09:56 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

wow talk about instant karma...

I bet his parents sure felt like crap for buying him that pack of eggs that day.
Old 12-04-06, 10:14 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
wow talk about instant karma...

I bet his parents sure felt like crap for buying him that pack of eggs that day.
yup they were pretty upset that they didnt get to eat an omelette
jk jk
Old 12-04-06, 10:38 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what's crazy is if the driver didn't do anything - the kids just got taught that they can egg a car and get away with it.

i've been thinking about this for a few days... i asked my gf what she thought and she mentioned that if the driver had called 911, the police probably wouldn't have done anything.

i'm torn. i almost took out a windshield with a golf club because some dodge ram pulled up too far into my parking space facing me... the truck bumped my bumper and i was just so pissed.

i wonder what all of you guys would SERIOUSLY do... breaking legs, killing them, etc... that's all extreme but somehow you'd have to contact the parents to make sure they pay for a new paintjob or something.

argh- this just makes me so angry... i'm sure it will happen to my car some day- it's just a matter of time.
Old 12-04-06, 10:45 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Make the kid wash the car, yeah, that is if you can catch them, tell their parents about it, yeah, but injure no, or murder, heck no, that is sinister.

These kids aren't out there doing this thinking, I'm going to get me a door panel replacment hit or a hood replacement hit, or I'm going to see if I can cause an accident, they are in the total moron phase many, many teenagers go through, they simply do not think. God help the parents of the world when a teenager is in the mix.
I kind of disagree with you. I'll tell you why. I see so many little punks that know they can get away with anything only because they are kids. They will say and do some of the rudest, unsafe, and moronic actions just to get a rise out of people they think "can't touch them".

Some people may say "it's only a car".. well what happens when someone breaks into your house? Is it only a house? would you not do anything so long as you know the person won't kill you?

An action without thought of reaction is stupid. You don't play in traffic hoping you won't get hit by a car. You don't throw eggs (or any other objects) at someones important investment hoping the person will understand and not hunt you down.

I think you all know my stance on this..
Attached Thumbnails Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain-rifleincar.jpg  

Last edited by IronCobra; 12-04-06 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain