Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Spy Shots (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-06, 06:36 PM
LexFather

Post ALtima coupe photos

Is it just me or it looks identical to a G35 coupe with the Altima face. I think its photoshoped, it looks way to similar.

Old 10-22-06, 06:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeah...something doesn't seem right. I don't think Carlos Ghosn would approve something like this....Nissan and Infiniti already have the 350Z and G35 coupe more or less competing against each other. There is no need, that I can see, for an Altima coupe to come in and make it a 3-way race, even though an Altima coupe would probably not be quite as hard-edged a sports car as the 350Z and appeal to a slightly different crowd ( the 350Z, unlike the G35 coupe, not having the 2+2 seats ).

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-22-06 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-22-06, 07:06 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't know of rumors of an Atlima coupe
Old 10-22-06, 07:13 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

A FWD Coupe takes aim at a different market than the 350Z. Namely the Accord Coupe and Solara.

I think I heard of the rumour, but most rumours don't come to fruition. It looks good enough to sell a bunch though.
Old 10-22-06, 07:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Lubs
A FWD Coupe takes aim at a different market than the 350Z. Namely the Accord Coupe and Solara.
OK, Lubs, good point......you got me on that one. ( and you are a relatively new poster vs. my years of Car Chat ). I had forgotten that the Altima was FWD ....the 350Z and G35 are both RWD. ( I've discussed an AWD G35X coupe, like the sedan, with Nissan, but to date, they have not yet done one )
Old 10-22-06, 07:53 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
OK, Lubs, good point......you got me on that one. ( and you are a relatively new poster vs. my years of Car Chat ). I had forgotten that the Altima was FWD ....the 350Z and G35 are both RWD. ( I've discussed an AWD G35X coupe, like the sedan, with Nissan, but to date, they have not yet done one )
AWD coupes died out. There were so many of them too.
Old 10-22-06, 08:08 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
( and you are a relatively new poster vs. my years of Car Chat )
I'm not breaking *****, but I technically joined a month before you did.

You have outposted me about 130:1 despite that, so you receive my due respect.
Old 10-23-06, 02:03 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Photoshop or not is looks really nice. I wouldn't mind seeing an Altima Coupe hit the market. I'm a coupe guy so seeing all these new coupes coming out makes me smile
Old 10-23-06, 02:16 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I like it, another car we'll never get over here, LOL.
Old 10-23-06, 07:43 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Default 2008 Nissan Altima coupe

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/...-altima-coupe/

not bad.
Old 10-23-06, 07:49 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by STIG
I will agree.
Old 10-23-06, 07:52 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is anybody else having a hard time looking at this new altima coupe, the G35 coupe, the new skyline, and the 350Z and seeing enough difference in styling to honestly seperate four different models?

I understand that aside from the 350Z and G35, mechanically they are all very different cars (except for the skyline still sharing some chassis design with the G and Z, and the altima still sharing quite a bit of motor design with the G and Z), but just in looks alone, I honestly think if you put them all side by side in the same color and from a side profile from a distance, most non car enthusiasts wouldn't know which was which.

Last edited by Threxx; 10-23-06 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-23-06, 08:33 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

umm somehow I missed the previous thread. Sorry. Please merge or delete this thread. Thanks!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244779
Old 10-23-06, 10:34 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by Threxx
Is anybody else having a hard time looking at this new altima coupe, the G35 sedan, the new skyline, and the 350Z and seeing enough difference in styling to honestly seperate four different models?

I understand that aside from the 350Z and G35, mechanically they are all very different cars (except for the skyline still sharing some chassis design with the G and Z, and the altima still sharing quite a bit of motor design with the G and Z), but just in looks alone, I honestly think if you put them all side by side in the same color and from a side profile from a distance, most non car enthusiasts wouldn't know which was which.
The Skyline (GT-R) is supposedly not sharing many components in any manner with the G, Z, etc.
Also if you think about it, almost every car Nissan has offers the 3.5 VQ series engine. It's kind of their thing, they share components to cut down on cost. But they still sell.
I do think they do look alike but they've been selling and honestly Nissan needs a FWD coupe to compete with Civic coupes, Scion tC and all the other small coupes. The pricing on the 350Z is definetly outside of this group and it's also a two seat RWD.
Old 10-23-06, 10:37 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

My friend works for a big engineering company, he did tests on the altima coupe. I love his job, i get to see the cars before they even announce it.
-hass

Quick Reply: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Spy Shots (merged threads)