Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Newport Lexus vs. Fletcher-Jones Benz

Old 11-15-06, 04:50 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Newport Lexus vs. Fletcher-Jones Benz

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...ars-usat_x.htm

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — At Fletcher Jones Motorcars, customers stroll through a gallery of Mercedes-Benzes, linger at the cappuccino bar, tap ***** on the putting green or go for a pedicure.

A couple of blocks away, Newport Lexus boasts marble fireplaces, Oakley and Tommy Bahama beachwear boutiques — and a flat-screen television, tuned to ESPN, of course, mounted above the urinal in the men's room.

The two dealerships are pouring on the fancy fixtures and service extras as they vie for a larger share of one of the nation's most prosperous luxury-car markets, coastal Orange County. But even far from "The O.C.," auto industry officials see the sprucing up of luxury-car dealers as a sign that the high-end market could finally be brightening.
Which would you prefer?

Newport Lexus customer lounge...

Fletcher-Jones kids play area...

Newport Lexus Tommy Bahama boutique...

Fletcher-Jones Mercedes Boutique...

Cafe Lexus at Newport Lexus, fruit tarts, drinks...yum

These are among the most glitzy luxury dealerships in the world (Newport Lexus claims to be the most expensive in the US)...I have to visit these places...competition is good.

Last edited by encore888; 11-15-06 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-15-06, 05:38 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen nicer dealerships....especially in Europe.
Old 11-15-06, 05:55 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Any pics, descriptions to share? I've heard/seen similar things about Japan too. But the dealerships in Europe that I've seen in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece etc. are nice but rather small, kinda like the ones in Taiwan. There isn't room for the massive frills seen at some US dealerships.
Old 11-15-06, 06:03 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I've been to Fletcher Jones and all I gotta say is their service is not great, takes a million years to talk to a salesman...

The dealership itself is very nice and they hold very nice events.

Never been to the Newport Lexus dealership but it is brand new, you can't really compare a brand new dealership to an older one...it isn't really fair.

Newport Lexus is still great though.
Old 11-15-06, 08:38 PM
Nas
Driver

My Lexus dealership is attached to a freakin Toyota dealer. You really 'feel' the extra luxury of buying a Lexus there (sarcasm).

I've seen some dealerships, and you know you are buying a luxury car with the beautiful settings that are displayed above in the MB and Lexus dealer pics.
Old 11-15-06, 08:55 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me....flashy/expensive dealer = higher service/parts/car prices
Old 11-15-06, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't know why, although i really want to go visit the newport lexus and see what they are like, i am not entirely thrilled by it. i guess i need good service but more of a customer service?
Old 11-15-06, 11:41 PM
ninous26
Driver

Shumacher mercedes in scottsdale arizona FTMFW!!!!!!!!!! easily nicest dealer Ive been to, another pretty small but nice one is Scottsdale Lexus.
Old 11-15-06, 11:44 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
I've been to Fletcher Jones and all I gotta say is their service is not great, takes a million years to talk to a salesman...

The dealership itself is very nice and they hold very nice events.

Never been to the Newport Lexus dealership but it is brand new, you can't really compare a brand new dealership to an older one...it isn't really fair.

Newport Lexus is still great though.
Agreed, we bought a 2005 S55 from Fletcher Jones and their service (especially after the fact) is absolutly horrid. Will never go back there again, not even to get the car serviced. I get WAY better service for my 43k IS350 at my local Lexus dealer then I do for a 125k S55 at Fletcher Jones. The service very nearly kept me from purchasing another MB product period, but the ones here in San Diego have pretty decent service.
Old 11-16-06, 12:09 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Yeah the word is out at the SoCal CL forum that Newport Lexus is expensive for service. But I am still impressed by the amenities.
Old 11-16-06, 04:40 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Just last week my dad was telling me "how about we take a family vacation to the US this summer". If it works out I plan to visit a couple of the important Lexus dealers; like the Newport dealer, Lexus of Glendal and ofcourse, the famous Longo Lexus.
But till that time comes... ( 8 months )
Old 11-16-06, 09:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
Just last week my dad was telling me "how about we take a family vacation to the US this summer". If it works out I plan to visit a couple of the important Lexus dealers; like the Newport dealer, Lexus of Glendal and ofcourse, the famous Longo Lexus.
But till that time comes... ( 8 months )
lol, just keep in mind, with LA traffic, visiting all 3 of them can be a whole day trip
Old 11-16-06, 10:00 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramon
Agreed, we bought a 2005 S55 from Fletcher Jones and their service (especially after the fact) is absolutly horrid. Will never go back there again, not even to get the car serviced. I get WAY better service for my 43k IS350 at my local Lexus dealer then I do for a 125k S55 at Fletcher Jones. The service very nearly kept me from purchasing another MB product period, but the ones here in San Diego have pretty decent service.
They should've taken pictures of the WAITING room, not that coffee stand . It's a zoo! They do have the water bowl outside the room for the doggies-talk about service there. However, the dogs there are even too snobby to drink out of the same bowl

I agree about fletcher jones service. The service doesn't equate to the high price.

If you think fletcher jones is bad, house of imports is even worse. Haven't been back so don't know if they changed or not.
I want to check out the Newport Lexus eventually.
Old 11-16-06, 10:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, just keep in mind, with LA traffic, visiting all 3 of them can be a whole day trip
Choose to do it on the weekend, not too much traffic anywhere I go, I was there for a weekend last year, but you have to avoid the stadium routes . . .
Old 11-16-06, 10:53 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know why, although i really want to go visit the newport lexus and see what they are like, i am not entirely thrilled by it.
Same here. Though its far more presentable, I just can't say I'd be any more inclined to want to spend any more time there than normal (or any other dealership for that matter). I suppose its better than most normal dealers, but it is what it is I suppose.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newport Lexus vs. Fletcher-Jones Benz