Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Car Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

In Japan, a Lexus just doesn't have that cachet (merged thread)

Old 11-15-06, 07:30 PM   #16
DrUnBiased
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max707 View Post
Damn, I'm glad I own a SC430
I was thinking the same thing! Aside for my roof creaks, leaks and rattles, I can easily see the difference in quality (materials and build) with the loaner cars I get. IMO, the newer models don't feel and appear as high quality on the inside as my SC does.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
DrUnBiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 07:39 PM   #17
kissbang
Pole Position

Send a message via AIM to kissbang

Eh. It's only been about a year since Lexus Japan. So yeah, people might still think of it as Toyota rebadges.
kissbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 09:24 PM   #18
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnBiased View Post
I was thinking the same thing! Aside for my roof creaks, leaks and rattles, I can easily see the difference in quality (materials and build) with the loaner cars I get. IMO, the newer models don't feel and appear as high quality on the inside as my SC does.
Your roof leaks?!
'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Manual
mavericck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 06:16 AM   #19
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Och View Post
I think the biggest problem for Lexus is that their quality has dropped down. The new IS, GS, and ES have terrible, flimzy interior, nothing like their predecessors. The LS isn't as bad, but it could certainly use more attention to detail and heavier doors.
You are right Och, every body will agree with you... "Terrible and flimzy interior" "Terrible and flimzy" suuurrree
By the way I'm being sarcastic.
Lexus has some of the highest quality interiors.
Attached Images

Last edited by GSsnarl; 11-16-06 at 06:49 AM..
GSsnarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 02:04 PM   #20
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Yeah, Lexus quality is so bad, they stopped being #1 rated in quality this year..

OOOPS, that didn't happen. Lexus REMAINS #1 in quality.
Some of you guys are a riot. 3 or even 300 posts of a problem gets OWNED by tens of thousands of owners. Do the math, MORE LEXUS owners are satisfied than ever.

Lexus has NEVER had 0 problems and no one from LEXUS has claimed 0 problems. No one has and that is pretty much going to be impossible.

We don't have enough SERVER space to talk about the quality problems of some of you guys favorite luxury brands and that is REALITY.

Reality is Lexus has been #1 with quality so long and been the #1 in sales for so long and has been a miracle of a luxury brand in 17 short years SOME people LOVE being the one to say "THE END IS NEAR FOR LEXUS".

O'rly?
Old 11-16-06, 05:18 PM   #21
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

I think part of that whole view that lexus is still a toyota is because there are still some toyotas that are comparable to the current lexus lineup in japan. They have to eliminate those cars (eg: crown) from the toyota line so that people will look to lexus for all the luxury amenities.
'08 BMW 335i (retired)
'06 Infiniti M45 (retired)
Hypnotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 05:56 PM   #22
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotik View Post
I think part of that whole view that lexus is still a toyota is because there are still some toyotas that are comparable to the current lexus lineup in japan. They have to eliminate those cars (eg: crown) from the toyota line so that people will look to lexus for all the luxury amenities.
I totally agree the Markx must steal GS sales and the crown probably takes LS sales as for the IS dont see a competitor from Toyota and the SC doesnt have a toyota competitor either.
MSMLexIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 06:40 PM   #23
LexFather

Bottom line it takes TIME,just like in the USA, just like in Europe. I think sometimes everyone expects the almost initial success like in the USA but sometimes it does take longer.

Remember, not only is Lexus back in Japan but the FIRST Japanese luxury branded automaker back in its home country.

Actually a large hill to climb. BMW/Benz/Audi/Lincoln/Caddy etc were all made and sold in their home country initially. Lexus is the OPPOSITE.

They will suceed, it will take some time, maybe 5 years.
Old 11-16-06, 08:00 PM   #24
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Bottom line it takes TIME,just like in the USA, just like in Europe. I think sometimes everyone expects the almost initial success like in the USA but sometimes it does take longer.

Remember, not only is Lexus back in Japan but the FIRST Japanese luxury branded automaker back in its home country.

Actually a large hill to climb. BMW/Benz/Audi/Lincoln/Caddy etc were all made and sold in their home country initially. Lexus is the OPPOSITE.

They will suceed, it will take some time, maybe 5 years.
I don't know, it's going to take more than just time.
Because for ever year Lexus gains, Mercedes gains one as well.

2008 LS600lh | 2006 LX470 | 2008 IS-F x2| 2004 360 Spyder | 2011 C63 w/ P31 + 471 | TLN #8
vraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 08:13 PM   #25
Max707
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraa View Post
I don't know, it's going to take more than just time.
Because for ever year Lexus gains, Mercedes gains one as well.
I think it is just the opposite here in the USA. Toyota created Lexus and sells high quality luxury cars and Chrysler and Mercedes became one company and started sharing engines and transmissions, etc. along with their poor quality and now Mercedes must be selling a million of the C class cars that look just like small S class cars and you see them on every corner. Bottomline Mercedes in the USA is no longer special.
Old 11-16-06, 08:18 PM   #26
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Um, that still doesn't change the fact that people are buying S600's and they are loving it too.

Lexus needs to do go extraordinary rather than play conservative like Toyota if they want to jump out of the 'rut' quickly.

Not saying the rut is bad, it's just not car enthusiast.

2008 LS600lh | 2006 LX470 | 2008 IS-F x2| 2004 360 Spyder | 2011 C63 w/ P31 + 471 | TLN #8
Old 11-16-06, 08:29 PM   #27
Max707
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraa View Post
Um, that still doesn't change the fact that people are buying S600's and they are loving it too.

Lexus needs to do go extraordinary rather than play conservative like Toyota if they want to jump out of the 'rut' quickly.

Not saying the rut is bad, it's just not car enthusiast.
See I get enthusiastic about quality and reliablity. No where to use all of the performance that some of these supercars put out but you can enjoy luxury and quality and the highend ML stereo in this crowded country. Sure if you have the $$$ and don't mind dumping big $$$ in a asset that go down in value everyday you own it then the high $$ Mercedes and BMW's are real cool. But most smart people that really have a lot of wealth don't waste their money
Old 11-16-06, 09:59 PM   #28
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max707 View Post
See I get enthusiastic about quality and reliablity. No where to use all of the performance that some of these supercars put out but you can enjoy luxury and quality and the highend ML stereo in this crowded country. Sure if you have the $$$ and don't mind dumping big $$$ in a asset that go down in value everyday you own it then the high $$ Mercedes and BMW's are real cool. But most smart people that really have a lot of wealth don't waste their money
But what fun is a life if you can't enjoy your money?

Old 11-17-06, 04:40 PM   #29
LexFather

Considering Lexus limited lineup and they are 4th in the world in sales, in 17 years, that is a HUGE accomplishment.
Old 11-17-06, 05:23 PM   #30
STIG
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Considering Lexus limited lineup and they are 4th in the world in sales, in 17 years, that is a HUGE accomplishment.
Lexus is 4th? out of 3?

I am not going to lie. Lexus makes awesome cars and I have been in love with Toyota ever since. If you really look around, there is no other manufacturers offer value, quality and service like Lexus does. They make top notch products.

But I really don't consider Lexus as a prestigious brand or sporty cars. It's rather dull and boring some form of transportation that would take you from point A to B.

If they want a big name like MB, they need to bring out more. Where's S65 fighter? Where is SL63 competitor? How are they going to compete with M5? The brand as a whole lacks the passion and it's hard to be in love the car that you cant find the passionate soul in it.
STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-06, 05:23 PM

Tags
2005, euroline, japan, lexus, mazdaspeed, miata, unsuccess, work