Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My Poor Wife

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 05:12 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Poor Wife

I don't know about you guys but all I can talk about lately is the 460. Every night she asks me how my day was and I tell her OK... and guess what I learned about the Lexus today She politely listens.

I am also addicted to this forum like caffine. I check it about 12 times a day. What an obsession this car has become!
Old 11-02-06, 06:12 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at it this way: there are worse addictions you could have!
Old 11-02-06, 06:21 AM
Patric
Pole Position

And less expensive.

Pat
Old 11-02-06, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lol, this is good and normal. the ls460 is no doubt my dream car, and i can't talk enough of it to my wife. good thing is she always listens and tells me to buy one i guess the only problem is i will need to rob a bank first
Old 11-02-06, 12:18 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well maybe she will know it's all worth it when she finally sits in the plush leather seat, listens to the radio, while you drive her around...
Old 11-02-06, 05:00 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

has she seen the car, she might understand afterwards why you talk about it
Old 11-02-06, 06:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, this is good and normal. the ls460 is no doubt my dream car, and i can't talk enough of it to my wife. good thing is she always listens and tells me to buy one i guess the only problem is i will need to rob a bank first
but you're working a zillion hours a week aren't you? surely u can afford, no DESERVE one?
Old 11-02-06, 06:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by luxury1
I don't know about you guys but all I can talk about lately is the 460. Every night she asks me how my day was and I tell her OK... and guess what I learned about the Lexus today She politely listens.

I am also addicted to this forum like caffine. I check it about 12 times a day. What an obsession this car has become!
Welcome!

<== check post count (definite addict )

Whatever you do, leave ClubLexus before modded LS460's show up. Abandon all hope if you don't.
Old 11-02-06, 07:16 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

I am not an addict,, but take your # and multiply that by about 50. That is how much time I've spent on here lately and I don't even have a lex.
Old 11-02-06, 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
but you're working a zillion hours a week aren't you? surely u can afford, no DESERVE one?
except that when you are making 10 bucks an hour
Old 11-03-06, 04:40 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
has she seen the car, she might understand afterwards why you talk about it
She has seen it and does appreciate it to a lesser degree. Actually this car will eventually be hers. I love cars and quickly turn them over so in a couple of years I am going to get a new car and shift the LS two spots to her.

Originally Posted by newr
I am not an addict,, but take your # and multiply that by about 50. That is how much time I've spent on here lately and I don't even have a lex.
I just left MBWorld and had almost 600 posts in the last couple of years. I have to build up my numbers here (i have really only been active for a month).

bitkahuna I can't even imagine getting to the point you are!
Old 11-03-06, 08:34 AM
Stevekil
Driver

Default its the same pattern on other sites

She ha...
I just left MBWorld and had almost 600 posts in the last couple of years. I have to build up my numbers here (i have really only been active for a month).

...e!
Its the same on other websites. I commented on this behavioral pattern on edmunds which made some posters so mad that I was worried their heads would explode with all the rage that was boiling inside.

There are a few usernames such as tagman, brightness, blkhemi, nvbanker, merc1. Their only mission in life for past 6-7 years (thats when this forum mania started) is to post relentlessly dozens of posts under multiple usernames everyday, even on christmas.

From handwriting analysis as well as other ways, I figured out that these posters have same mercenery agenda.

So if a poster A has names: MercX, mercfanatic, mercfan, mbenzfanatic on four different forums, and if he has posted 5,000 posts on each (on an average mind you) in 3-4 years, his total contribution is 20,000+ posts. Thats a typical mercenery.

* He spends 5-6 hours everyday on these forums and God knows how much more.
* His whole life is centred within a tiny 3X4 feet space with a box, keyboard, mouse and coke and chips.
* He jabbers a great deal on the forums and always has a set agenda and a frog in the well mind.
* He posts dozens of posts on multiple forums everyday rather than 1-2 at most or occasionally.

The other category of dedicated posters is: Admins and Mods etc. These are more genuine guys and girls, most of them are enthusiasts, not merceneries and they take their job seriously. They also have purposeful lives, careers and a balanced mind.

They are also more comfortable with criticism and have open mind. They have confidence but not arrogance. Examples on CL: Rominl, 1sicklex, GS4, enigma etc etc.

Last edited by Stevekil; 11-03-06 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-03-06, 10:13 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Very interesting -- I've been tinking of posting something like this for a while now. This type of automotive forum is definitely the crack pipe of some of our lives. There are tens of thousands of people who spend at least 4 hours a day surfing message boards, and some a lot more. Fortunately for lots of them they are IT guys and get paid to sit at their computers and so long as they keep their company's system running, etc., they will continue to get paid. Others are probably foregoing success and advancement because they do nothing but the bare minimum at their real job, but instead spend their day checking out different automotive message boards, etc.

I don't know what the average surfing-minute-per-post rate would be, but I'd think it might be 20 minutes for every post. That is, that for every post, a person spends 20 minutes reading threads or actually writing their posts. Assuming for a moment that's a close-enough number, that means that someone with 5800 total posts (say over 2-4 years time) has spent a year's worth of work time on the forums. What could they have done to advance their career or earnings if they'd actually applied themselves in their work for an additional year? (BTW, I'm not pointing fingers -- I'm asking this of myself just as much as anyone else.)

Originally Posted by Stevekil
Its the same on other websites. I commented on this behavioral pattern on edmunds which made some posters so mad that I was worried their heads would explode with all the rage that was boiling inside.

There are a few usernames such as tagman, brightness, blkhemi, nvbanker, merc1. Their only mission in life for past 6-7 years (thats when this forum mania started) is to post relentlessly dozens of posts under multiple usernames everyday, even on christmas.

From handwriting analysis as well as other ways, I figured out that these posters have same mercenery agenda.

So if a poster A has names: MercX, mercfanatic, mercfan, mbenzfanatic on four different forums, and if he has posted 5,000 posts on each (on an average mind you) in 3-4 years, his total contribution is 20,000+ posts. Thats a typical mercenery.

* His whole life is centred within a tiny 3X4 feet space with a box, keyboard, mouse and coke and chips.
* He jabbers a great deal on the forums and always has a set agenda and a frog in the well mind.
* He posts dozens of posts on multiple forums everyday rather than 1-2 at most or occasionally.

The other category of dedicated posters is: Admins and Mods etc. These are more genuine guys and girls, most of them are enthusiasts, not merceneries and they take their job seriously. They also have purposeful lives, careers and a balanced mind.

They are also more comfortable with criticism and have open mind. They have confidence but not arrogance. Examples on CL: Rominl, 1sicklex, GS4, enigma etc etc.
Old 11-03-06, 01:47 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Whenever mbworld or clublexus go down (or both) I contemplate suicide.
Old 11-04-06, 01:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Stevekil

lol, hey, should i be flattered to see my name mentioned?

one resaon why i chose a name with no car or brand in it (not trying to offend anyone!!!) is that i want to be as neutral as i can be, trying to learn about all cars, enjoy all of them, and see the goods and bads on all. i guess right now i am landing my foot on lexus, but hey, who knows if mb and bimmer with bounce back (in my words)?

Quick Reply: My Poor Wife