Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Sports 4 Concept Busts Out - hinting at the future look of Honda sport sedans.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-06, 08:51 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 198 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Honda Sports 4 Concept Busts Out - hinting at the future look of Honda sport sedans.

Honda Sports 4 concept points the way to a slightly more interesting future for Honda sedans like the Accord. It was displayed in Sydney at the Australian Motor Show. (Photo courtesy of Honda)
Date posted: 10-28-2006

SYDNEY, Australia — Honda has put its Sports 4 concept on display at the Australian International Motor Show here, hinting at the future look of Honda sport sedans.

The concept appears to be a strong indicator of what the next-generation European-market Accord will look like. It is notable for a low-slung body and an ultramodern cockpit featuring a blend of metal, wood and leather.

The Sports 4 is a four-passenger vehicle with four individual bucket seats and personal "skyroofs" that each passenger can control separately from seat-mounted controls. Mechanically, the concept has all-wheel drive and a five-speed sequential automatic transmission.

What this means to you: Honda takes its near-future look out on the road.
source : edmunds
Old 10-30-06, 09:20 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down Eh

Metal AND wood? I personally think one or the other but both looks too much to me. Hopefully it is like the current Acura's theme of metal for the dark interior while wood for the light.
Old 10-30-06, 01:46 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

4 bucket seats, SH-AWD, and sequential tranny? Looks like a winner to me. Now if Honda would only change that god aweful grill design (eg. new MDX)...
Old 10-30-06, 01:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

probably will turn into the next TSX or TL
Old 10-30-06, 01:55 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This concept came out at least a year ago.
Old 10-30-06, 02:02 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
4 bucket seats, SH-AWD, and sequential tranny? Looks like a winner to me.
RWD and a manual tranny...sounds much, much better to me.

I just have a hard time getting excited about anything that drives the front wheels.
Old 10-30-06, 02:17 PM
LexFather

It looks like a Euro Accordwith large wheels and a drop. What is so concept of futuristic? I must say Honda must have taken notice how the more stylish Camry has been a big hit, so I welcome a more stylish Accord!
What DOES worry me some is the front fender joining into the headlight ala RX-8 and now S550......

Acuras and Mazdas already share the 5 point grill. So they are going to give Hondas this grill too?

Old 10-30-06, 02:45 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ff_
RWD and a manual tranny...sounds much, much better to me.

I just have a hard time getting excited about anything that drives the front wheels.
Touche.

Actually, you're right - I'd prefer RWD, a manual tranny, and only 2 seats. But at least this is a step in the right direction for Honda, a departure from manufacturing solely FWD sedans (a la RL).

Last edited by pvmike1; 10-30-06 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-30-06, 02:47 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It looks like a Euro Accordwith large wheels and a drop. What is so concept of futuristic? I must say Honda must have taken notice how the more stylish Camry has been a big hit, so I welcome a more stylish Accord!
What DOES worry me some is the front fender joining into the headlight ala RX-8 and now S550......

Acuras and Mazdas already share the 5 point grill. So they are going to give Hondas this grill too?
Never noticed that about the RX-8 or S550. Is it the R&R cost that concerns you?
Old 10-30-06, 03:15 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pvmike1
But at least this is a step in the right direction for Honda, a departure from manufacturing soley FWD sedans (a la RL).
The RL uses the same SH-AWD as this concept is proposing.
Old 10-30-06, 03:17 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The RL uses the same SH-AWD as this concept is proposing.
Yes, I'm saying that this concept, using SH-AWD, is a departure from Honda's traditional FWD sedan, much like the current RL.

About time.
Old 10-30-06, 03:25 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Honda had this concept/plan in the works before the stylish Camry. Besides, the TSX has been out for awhile now.
Old 10-30-06, 03:26 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see the spawn of the current Acura TL - smaller, and been lifting some weights - got muscles, but taking a few too many supplements so it's looking more bloated than defined.
Old 10-30-06, 04:06 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The concept appears to be a strong indicator of what the next-generation European-market Accord will look like."

This will most likely be the next Acura TSX here in the US.

Looks good IMO. I kinda like the 4-seat design/idea.
Old 10-30-06, 04:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by OC 335i
Honda had this concept/plan in the works before the stylish Camry. Besides, the TSX has been out for awhile now.
I have seen this concept or something like it before but the fact is the CAMRY is a production car, this is a concept. Again, I am sure seeing something pedestrian like the Camry gain some style and sell even better has Honda noticing...

Originally Posted by OC 335i
I think the design works well on the RX-8, as that is to be a polorizing car. The S 550 is polorizing now but it is going to (1SICK PREDICTION) age poorly as they went after "now" styling instead of classic proportions.

That is just my personal opinion though. Clearly some like it, which is cool with me.

I do bet the interior is gonna be hot!

Quick Reply: Honda Sports 4 Concept Busts Out - hinting at the future look of Honda sport sedans.