Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New 335 Will Have A Hardtop Convertible... Lexus Lets Play Catch Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-06, 05:34 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 335 Will Have A Hardtop Convertible... Lexus Lets Play Catch Up

Ok so i am about to take the lex in for service and needed to kill a little time... I am browsing and what do i come across? The 335 hardtop convertible... Now first they beat us too the coupe with a bigger engine. Now they even beat us to a hardtop convertible. Lexus please play catch up and show bmtroubleu what you guys are about... P.S i like the looks of the 335 but the convertible up in my honest opion doesnt look too good... Thank you for listening to my rant Please gimme some input.
Old 10-30-06, 05:51 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
Ok so i am about to take the lex in for service and needed to kill a little time... I am browsing and what do i come across? The 335 hardtop convertible... Now first they beat us too the coupe with a bigger engine. Now they even beat us to a hardtop convertible. Lexus please play catch up and show bmtroubleu what you guys are about... P.S i like the looks of the 335 but the convertible up in my honest opion doesnt look too good... Thank you for listening to my rant Please gimme some input.
I believe the SC430 is a hardtop convertible..?

Nonetheless, Lexus still makes a BETTER and MORE RELIABLE vehicle.

Our time will come
Old 10-30-06, 06:00 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i wouldnt be surprised if its 55k with some decent options
Old 10-30-06, 08:06 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the SC already hard top and Leuxs no need to rush to that type of car yet, and I think the SC has been out for a while it's about time for a new model...Let see...
Old 10-30-06, 08:11 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with ISbb, the SC is comprable IMO and lexus is a better value as well as more reliable. who cares what BMW is doing really..........oh wait the guys on the BMW forums. dont get me wrong i like BMW as much as most people do, but they are over priced german taxi cabs.
Old 10-30-06, 08:37 AM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the SC430 ring a bell for you....?

Despite what many think here Lexus does not share the same philosophy as BMW. BMW is a unique company that makes cars for a certain type of person looking for the best handling. They probably succeed on that point. Lexus, on the other hand gears more toward the luxury side meaning good handling and decent ride with plush interiors and real creature comforts. Must work since Lexus outsells BMW at least here in the states......the worlds most important market.

So you like Twin Turbos coupled with what I call a somewhat tired styling theme....go for it and enjoy it...
Old 10-30-06, 08:55 AM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

I think if anything all the car brands will be chasing after Lexus and Toyota for a while, if not forever. They are by far the best in reliability and overall satisfaction in my book. And as far as the hard top convertible goes, Lexus was first and now Lexus is the first to have a car that parks itself. But I agree with what Gtidan said, its all about what philosophy the car company is geared for and what type of people that company is trying to attract.
Old 10-30-06, 09:43 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

my friend was arguing that the 7 series was the first to park itself.. is he wrong?
Old 10-30-06, 10:27 AM
SASK250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
i agree with ISbb, the SC is comprable IMO and lexus is a better value as well as more reliable. who cares what BMW is doing really..........oh wait the guys on the BMW forums. dont get me wrong i like BMW as much as most people do, but they are over priced german taxi cabs.
I agree. Who really cares what BMW is doing.

FWIT, I don't really care for the new 3-Series coupe. I actually like the sedan better. I was pretty close to buying a 325 but Lexus was the better car for me.
Old 10-30-06, 11:22 AM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
my friend was arguing that the 7 series was the first to park itself.. is he wrong?
Yes he's wrong. The LS460 is the first car to physically be able to park itself. Many cars have park assistance systems just like the new IS has and most if not all Lexus vehicles. This system detects how close your vehicle is to surrounding objects. In the 2nd generation IS the system uses a LCD display and a beeping noise. The less lines on the display on the affected side and the faster the beeping the closer you are to an object but you still have to manually park the vehicle. The LS has this system as well but along with the new Advanced Parking Guidance System which electrically steers the car while you maintain a safe speed with the brake.

Last edited by IS3CM; 10-30-06 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-30-06, 11:26 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
Punch him in the face and claim he hit you first.
Old 10-30-06, 11:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Please gimme some input.
BaLLzZz: my input is... please put threads in the correct forum. If the topic isn't about the 2nd gen IS it doesn't belong here in the 2IS forum. I'm moving this to Car Chat where stuff like this goes in the future please. Thanks
Old 10-30-06, 12:53 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genearch
[/I][/B]As far as Lexus being first with the hardtop convertible, Ford gets credit for that in 1957 and there were several others before the SC430. Maybe you mend first "before" BMW? To that point you are correct.
Mercedes also comes to mind. SLK, SL. Technically you also have to include manual removable hard tops like the Miata, S2000 and such since by definition it is a hard top convertible, just not powered. Anyway, I never got into convertibles. Too much wind and it lets all the cold AC air out
Old 10-30-06, 01:15 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SASK250
I agree. Who really cares what BMW is doing.
Originally Posted by kilo6_one
who cares what BMW is doing really.
OK, brand snobs. An auto enthusiast likes "cars", not just "Lexus". Try taking the blinders off and appreciate other cars for what they are.

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
Nonetheless, Lexus still makes a [...] MORE RELIABLE vehicle.
Ooops, I lost another argument. I better throw the [perceived] better reliability statement in your face.
Old 10-30-06, 01:31 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wonder how the SC will do on the Nubergring compared to the 335c

Quick Reply: New 335 Will Have A Hardtop Convertible... Lexus Lets Play Catch Up