Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercury Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 01:46 PM
Kung Pao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercury Insurance

Did you guys see this yet, http://www.mercurytheory.com/? Well it’s a fun site that’s pushing Mercury Insurance. This guy claiming aliens from Mercury are the reason Mercury Insurance is so low. I like how when you click on the guys laptop (the digital archive) it shows the relationship between the temperature and date of Earth compared to that of the planet Mercury. I thought that was pretty cool, if nothing else you can use this site for random fun (though I have no idea if that Earth vs Mercury thing is credible).

ANYWAY...
I digress, so of all people, somebody here should have some usefull knowlege on car insurance. I was thinking about going with mercury, and reason I should or should not?
Old 10-24-06, 02:38 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't tell you anything about them, but that may mean something to you because I've been working as the IT manager for a moderate sized insurance agency (we're a broker for over 100 companies out there - match up people with companies well-suited to their needs) and have never once heard that name. Unless it's something local to you, I'd talk to people who've used them, or more importantly see what the various insurance societies are rating them and how people say they handle claims.

I for one use USAA and most people in the know agree there is no better company - first clue being that they're literally non-profit... they give back all their profit in dividends to their insureds.

But the bad side of it is you can't get insurance through them unless you are in the military or the decendent, dependent, or spouse of a military officer, or the spouse of the decendent of a military officer.