Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What an IDIOT!!! - Dude who wrecked Enzo pt2

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 06:43 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default What an IDIOT!!! - Dude who wrecked Enzo pt2

Plea deal refused in crash of $1.5 million Ferrari

By ANDREW GLAZER
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — A Swedish businessman who authorities say crashed a stolen Ferrari sports car worth $1.5 million on Pacific Coast Highway turned down a plea deal today that would have had him spend two years and four months in prison.

"I cannot agree that I stole the car because I didn't," said Bo Stefan Eriksson, 44, speaking through a Swedish interpreter in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Details of the offered plea deal were not immediately released.

Eriksson is charged with three counts of embezzlement, three counts of grand theft and illegal gun possession, all felonies. He also faces two misdemeanor counts of drunken driving. If convicted on all charges, he could face up to 11 years in prison.

His rejection of the deal came as jury selection began in the case.

Prosecutors allege that Eriksson illegally imported two rare Ferrari Enzo sports cars and a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren to the United States from Great Britain. One of the Enzos was destroyed Feb. 21 when Eriksson hit a utility pole in Malibu at 162 mph. Eriksson initially identified the driver as a German man named Dietrich, who authorities couldn't find. He also claimed he was a deputy commissioner with the "anti-terrorism division" of a small transit agency in the suburban San Gabriel Valley, authorities said.

Eriksson is a former executive with Gizmondo Europe Ltd., a computer game company that went bankrupt last year. He spent five years in a Swedish prison in the 1990s for assault, extortion and other crimes.
Uh.... let's see,.... 2yrs or 11yrs??? But knowing our legal system, he has enough money to buy himself outta that one.
Old 10-16-06, 06:46 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-16-06, 08:25 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
Uh.... let's see,.... 2yrs or 11yrs??? But knowing our legal system, he has enough money to buy himself outta that one.
If I had the money he has, I'll spend every penny to stay away from jail even if it was one day. I don't want to be anyone's beech in jail...
Old 10-16-06, 10:59 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I find it extremely funny that he spoke via a Swedish interpreter. You couldn't throw a rock in Sweden and hit someone who doesn't speak English. The Scandinavians tend to speak English very well as a matter of fact.
Old 10-17-06, 04:16 AM
2ndchance
Pole Position

Yeah they do...BORK BORK BORK
Attached Thumbnails What an IDIOT!!! - Dude who wrecked Enzo pt2-swedishcheflobsters.jpg  
Old 10-17-06, 04:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Dunno, NAZTY .......millionaire ( possibly billionaire ) Martha Stewart's money didn't keep her out of prison....and I myself thought that she was convicted somewhat unfairly and had grounds for an appeal.

And Enron chief Ken Lay, despite his money, was convicted and would have gone to prison had he not died suddenly.

But back to this Eriksson case. In the list of charges that Glazer's article listed, it seems that two more COULD be added if the prosecutor wanted to. Eriksson supposedly told the police that the driver was a German who the police couldn't find, then told them that he was a deputy commissioner with an anti-terrorist group. RIGHT THERE are possibly two MORE criminal charges of lying and filing false police reports.

( On a slightly different note....hope you, your property, and your music buisness escaped damage in those violent storms and flooding in SE TX )

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-17-06 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-17-06, 05:28 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndchance
Yeah they do...BORK BORK BORK
Great reference!!!!
Old 10-17-06, 05:34 AM
Kepeli
Pole Position

How much money does he have? He steals cars! I never knew stealing cars was a rich mans hobby.
Old 10-17-06, 07:21 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-17-06, 02:54 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

How much money does he have? He steals cars! I never knew stealing cars was a rich mans hobby.
I don't think he HAD to steal them, if they were stolen.... but I think he "frauded " the purchases to keep his money. Houston is full of people like that.

I think they were his cars, and he lied about owning it, to avoid the ticket, so he got hit with the stolen car rap. I coud be wrong,... I think I would have ran off and hid, before sittin' on the hwy for a cop to roll up and question me....
Old 10-17-06, 06:29 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

He stole all the money from investors...In the mean time he somehow convinced them to give him a car allowance....

http://wired.com/wired/archive/14.10/gizmondo.html
Old 10-18-06, 01:20 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

why not take the 2 years, not like he is going to serve a day in jail anyway, he'll either move to another country or spend millions and win the case. He can outspend O.J. so I'm sure he gets off.

If they had to offer a plea I don't think their case is very strong.
Old 10-18-06, 02:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I think they were his cars, and he lied about owning it, to avoid the ticket, so he got hit with the stolen car rap. I.
That is not considered filing a false police report? In most states, a false police report is considered a crime; either a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the severity of it and its consequences.
Old 08-10-07, 07:56 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Default Not over yet!

There really WAS a Dietrich!!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/californi...ody-288457.php

WOW, when will this be out in movie form?
Old 08-11-07, 10:47 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by link13
I find it extremely funny that he spoke via a Swedish interpreter. You couldn't throw a rock in Sweden and hit someone who doesn't speak English. The Scandinavians tend to speak English very well as a matter of fact.
its all about the delay tactics
having an interpreter gives you more time to think as you can hear things twice

Quick Reply: What an IDIOT!!! - Dude who wrecked Enzo pt2