Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

"A Ricer is born"......My blog....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 07:36 AM
LexFather

Unhappy "A Ricer is born"......My blog....

Well I am going to update this thread from time to time about a friend of mine. And sadly, I think he is at the begining stages of being a ricer.
Short background, he is a die-hard Toyota man and boderline bigot, but an overall good guy. He bashes American cars and nearly committed suicide when I told him his beloved Camry was built in Kentucky(he still refuses to believe me).

Well the Camry (a 1995) got totaled and he had just paid her off so he wanted something without a note. His brother was selling a 1997 Accord sedan, so he bought it and had no note. Now, the 3 or 4 times I rode with him, I was scared ****less b/c he was driving his Accord LX like it was a Ferrari Enzo on routine drives to get some grub. Being in a stock Accord pushed to the limits is NOT fun at all, especially in the passenger seat..

So that might have been the begining of his ricerness.....

He loves Lexus and knows everything I've done to my car(s) and the serious mods I put or I'll just wait. I informed him of my mistakes and not to repeat them...

Well lo and behold, the Accord gets totalled. He buys a 2001 Accord sedan EX cash, he still wants no note. Its clean, beige, as pedestrian as you can get.

So he calls me"
Yo Mike, where can I get those bright lights"?
You mean HIDs?
"The bright ones you got, where you buy the bulbs"?
Dude, those are HIDs, not a bulb, an assmbly. We can get you for for about $300.
"Screw that, didn't you have bulbs once? Remember I put them in my Camry once".
Yes, and remember they both blew and burned the wiring harness. Remember stock wiring harnesses are not built for all that wattage, so get the real kit.
"Damn that, not paying $300, my cousin got a shop, I'ma call him and try to get for cheap (the bulbs).
Dude, if you get bulbs, go with the Sylvania Silverstars. Maybe PIAA, don't go for the cheap blue painted bulbs
"Aight thanks"

Old 09-14-06, 07:39 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's sad seeing a friend turn into a ricer.

i've got a friend who's similar...only caring about what cars he can "burn" in a straightline drag, hates RSXs because he got beat by one...etc. etc...
Old 09-14-06, 07:41 AM
LexFather

Well yesterday he calls me
"Dude, I got all 4 bright bulbs for cheap, guess how much"?
$2
"(#$() you Mike, my cousin sold all 4 to me high and low beam for $20"!!!!
Let me guess, your going to drive with highbeams on all day
"Hell yes I am"!!!

Got damnit, now I don't want him following me anywhere, b/c my friend, who is a great guy, is becoming a ricer, RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES!!!

"He also got 18"wheels and tires for like $900, chrome!"
Dude, chrome is old, and what brand
"Ninja, who cares, $900, that is cheap"!!!!
I know but it may bend or crack and we know how you drive
"Well at $900 I can buy some more"!!
Dude, you gonna drop it?
"Drop what"
Dude, you going to get springs and shocks
"For what"
(me about to reach through the phone and choke him)NINJA SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A DAMN 10 YEAR OLD DRIVING BEHIND ME!!!
"oh, drop like how yours was, not really, should I"?
Yes ********, or you will look like the other 1,000,000 guys in Atlanta with Accords with rims with no drop".
"Oh, okay"

Old 09-14-06, 07:43 AM
LexFather

I don't know what to do....he's a got damn ricer....My other friends on this board, Two-Times and Lt.Lex have done the right thing when they got their GS 4s....

Sigh...........

Old 09-14-06, 07:45 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm...

Signs of the apocalypse.

Your ricer friend is turning to the Dark Side. I suggest you kill him (just kill him a little) before it gets worse.
Old 09-14-06, 07:47 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've given up trying to convince my friend's idiocy when it comes to decision making about modding his car...

it's pointless because he gets so defiant and the "who are you to tell me" attitude...even though his mods are totally pointless and not even cosmetically pleasing.
Old 09-14-06, 09:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

mike, you have one less friend when it comes to cars, period
Old 09-14-06, 09:20 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bWHHAHAHAHHAHHAhahahAhahahAHHAhAhHAHAHAHAHAhahHAhaha

breathe...

hahahahahahhahhhahhahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahah

sigh...sigh...

AHAHhahahHAhAhhHAhHAhahHAHhHAhhHAHAHAHAHahahhaahha

I bet he's over at www.v6performance.net along with all of the other young ricers with Accords. Hey Mike, if you know what his screen name is PM me. If he's there I'll ban him.
Old 09-14-06, 09:52 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Think he'd be interested in some stickers and a coffee can? Offer him a couple of coathangers to wire his "performance exhaust" up with and maybe show him how to mod that old coffee table into a wing.

Logo courtesy American Rice, Inc.
Old 09-14-06, 09:59 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

At 97 Accord LX doesn't even have VTEC so it's good that car is gone.
Old 09-14-06, 09:59 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Such is the progression unfortunately.
Old 09-14-06, 10:04 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

I think think your friend will grow out of it. lol. Just be there for him. He'll probably learn something if he goes to a car meet.
Old 09-14-06, 10:32 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

Just let your friend enjoy his new ride.

definition of ricer is different from person to person but here is one from google.

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Old 09-14-06, 11:56 AM
LexFather

Wow, an update already....seems after we all departed from our usual hang out spot on Wednesdays, he was on the way home and a cop pulled him over. The cop pulled him over b/c of his spotlights aka his bright blue bulbs....he only got a warning but this is EXACTLY the ricer crap we are talking about...

Old 09-14-06, 03:14 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

well take consolation in the fact that he didnt pick up a lex to &*%$ up

Quick Reply: "A Ricer is born"......My blog....