Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How do MB owners deal with their Dealership B.S.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 10:40 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default How do MB owners deal with their Dealership B.S.

I just purchase my CL500 2 months ago. The car has been in for service 3 times already. Ok I’m not crying. American Service Center in Arlington has treated me pretty good but they never have a loaner car available. I always have to get some ****ty car from Enterprise which is ok. But I wonder how silly I would feel if I would have purchase my car new for 100k and have to drive around in a neon or Taurus. If you want upgrade to a C230 you have to pay an extra 20 dollars. <Let me say a C230 is not a luxury car> Ok on last week my shifter went out on my car, mind you I only drive the car 2 times a week. The Mercedes dealership in Silver Spring gives me a hard time about receiving a free renter car b/c I didn’t purchase the car from their dealership. As my girlfriend continue to fuss we finally get a free renter car but I know she’s laughing in the inside b/c we never have a problem at the Lexus or Acura dealership with receiving a loaner. I arrive on Friday afternoon to pick up my car guess what it’s not ready as promise the car won’t be ready until 2pm today. But I sincerely doubt it will be ready. All I’m going to say is that I love my CL500 but I’m already only after 2 months of ownership really don’t know if I can deal with MB dealerships/customer svr.

I call the Lexus dealership as soon as I got to work on today. I doubt I'll trade my car in for a Lexus but i'm sure everybody around here know how it feels when you receive crappy customer service.

Last edited by rogers2; 09-12-06 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-12-06, 10:44 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

BMW dealer ticked me off when my dad hit a tire on the freeway causing 12k in damage, BMW dealer didnt give us a loaner because we didnt buy it from them, we drove around in a grand prix that had an interior smell that wanted to make me vomit for 3 weeks. Didnt give us a loaner despite us/insurance giving them 12k worth of business, lame really really lame. Went from a 740 to a 4 banger grand prix that smelled like a chemical plant inside

I bet MB has so many people coming in for service, loaner cars are always exhausted
Old 09-12-06, 10:54 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The MB dealer over here where my friend bought his CLS and his parent's S500 has a fleet of 45 loaner cars. They also will give you a loaner car more or less equivalent to your own. However, on his previous MB, he had the same deal, Enterprise rentals, albeit free, we just thought it was kind of funny. I know out of experience, Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW have been fairly good about loaners.
Old 09-12-06, 10:55 AM
rogers2
Racer

I took the C230 back this morning for a Taurus b/c I decide I wasn't going to pay an extra 20 bucks a day for a non luxury car. I just receive a call from the dealership my car isn't going to be ready at 2pm. Such B.S.
Old 09-12-06, 11:01 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

its appalling they would nickel and dime you over 20 bucks so you can get a C230, the dealer basically gets free business from warranty work (manafacturer reimburses dealers) but they have to make a big deal out of 20 bucks
Old 09-12-06, 11:05 AM
rogers2
Racer

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
The MB dealer over here where my friend bought his CLS and his parent's S500 has a fleet of 45 loaner cars. They also will give you a loaner car more or less equivalent to your own. However, on his previous MB, he had the same deal, Enterprise rentals, albeit free, we just thought it was kind of funny. I know out of experience, Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW have been fairly good about loaners.

I guess it all depends on the dealership.
Old 09-12-06, 11:29 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I take my car to local MB dealer for service I always make appointment 10 days in advance so I can get a c class rental from Enterprise. My local dealer will give me a vocher good for certain value for rental. When they don't have a C class they will give me something in the same value. Last time I got a Caddlic DTS for rental and they also offer me a 300c and a SUV at no charge.
Old 09-12-06, 11:43 AM
rogers2
Racer

The dealership did give me a free voucher but for a economy car not for a luxury car. My acura & lexus dealership always give me a loaner.

Last edited by rogers2; 09-12-06 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-12-06, 11:53 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My Lexus dealer never "has" loaners on hand. I'm either too late in the day, or they wont have one for a week, depending on which part of the day the excuse can work.

However, tell them your intersted in the new RX, and the loaner keys come flying in from under the desk
Old 09-12-06, 11:55 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rogers2
The dealership did give me a free voucher but for a economy car but not for a luxury car. My acura & lexus dealership always give me a loaner.
dude your MB dealer SUCKS. find a better one.
Old 09-12-06, 12:01 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We purchased an S55 from Fletcher Mercedes in Newport Beach. The WORST service EVER.

Went in for service once, got a loaner car and got charged for it, even after the service manager specifically told me I would not get charged. Called him several times to resolve the problem and he never returned my call... This actually happened twice.

Went in another time for service, car came back with the navigation DVD missing.

Needless to say I no longer get the car serviced there.
Old 09-12-06, 12:10 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

friend said his friends S65 AMG went in for an oil change, MB dealer forgot to put the oil cap on so it made a nice splattery mess in the engine bay, they towed it back to the dealer and they gave him a C230 to drive. Spend 180k on a car, screw up on such a trivial service procedure, and they give you the Crap230 to drive
Old 09-12-06, 12:18 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
I just purchase my CL500 2 months ago. The car has been in for service 3 times already. Ok I’m not crying. American Service Center in Arlington has treated me pretty good but they never have a loaner car available. I always have to get some ****ty car from Enterprise which is ok. But I wonder how silly I would feel if I would have purchase my car new for 100k and have to drive around in a neon or Taurus. If you want upgrade to a C230 you have to pay an extra 20 dollars. <Let me say a C230 is not a luxury car> Ok on last week my shifter went out on my car, mind you I only drive the car 2 times a week. The Mercedes dealership in Silver Spring gives me a hard time about receiving a free renter car b/c I didn’t purchase the car from their dealership. As my girlfriend continue to fuss we finally get a free renter car but I know she’s laughing in the inside b/c we never have a problem at the Lexus or Acura dealership with receiving a loaner. I arrive on Friday afternoon to pick up my car guess what it’s not ready as promise the car won’t be ready until 2pm today. But I sincerely doubt it will be ready. All I’m going to say is that I love my CL500 but I’m already only after 2 months of ownership really don’t know if I can deal with MB dealerships/customer svr.

I call the Lexus dealership as soon as I got to work on today. I doubt I'll trade my car in for a Lexus but i'm sure everybody around here know how it feels when you receive crappy customer service.
Ah, a long while back my father used to take his 2 190Es there. Never did encounter the loaner issues then, but a few of our friends had that issue.
Old 09-12-06, 12:21 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great to read this thread. My friend has a C240 and in the 4 months she has owned it she has honestly had it in the shop more than she has had it. The service dept. are complete morons, they only have one loaner car for the entire dealership, and to top it off they are the only people within 100 miles of Tulsa that can do warranty work on an MB.

Some MB's look incredible, but purely on their sucky reliability and inept service depts, I would never consider buying one

Jonny
Old 09-12-06, 01:18 PM
cloudnine
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha, they have to increase the size of their loaner fleet to accomodate all the people who have problems with the cars.
Off topic, it's hilarious to think of the C230 and 318i as luxury cars.

Quick Reply: How do MB owners deal with their Dealership B.S.