Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

50 Cent arrested for dangerously driving his all Chrome Murcielago

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 11:53 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the police impound scratches it. Too many people are paid too much money these days for contributing too little to society.
Old 09-09-06, 12:18 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by reamemiya
He must be the biggest dumb *** in the world. I'd like to rant, but he's not worth it.
S@$% he's not to dumb he made over 80 mil last.
Old 09-09-06, 12:57 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 FOR 1 Deal

I dont think these guys are dumb at all. This might even be advertisement for them. 50 getting caught with all those charges will make him look like a "badd boy" which will raise his reputation. Unique is going to be talked about by people like you guys [mouth to mouth, "oh did you hear about 50 cent driving the chrome lambo by unique?"]. And I dont think all those charges will cost more than advertising in a magazine. Very smart!
Old 09-09-06, 06:24 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Doesn't look as shiny as those chrome Mercedes' we saw, must be pretty dirty . . .
Old 09-09-06, 06:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I thought they'd arrest him for no tag.

PS- isn't driving a Chrome Murcielago dangerous enough?
You can't arrest someone for just not having a tag unless it is a stolen car. Just driving without plates alone, while illegal, is not a offense worthy of locking someone up.....though, of course, it does merit a fine.

Now, the REST of the stuff this clown was doing.......yes, the police have a somewhat better case against him, though it still probably does not merit locking him up. What he has earned is probably a couple of good stiff fines, which, considering the money he has, will certainly not bankrupt him....and after this, it may be difficult in the future for him to GET insurance.

I don't know whether an all-chrome car is illegal or not on a public street, but on a sunny day it could be a real hazard, blinding almost everyone, including the driver if the sun angle is right.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-09-06 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-09-06, 07:02 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Doesn't look as shiny as those chrome Mercedes' we saw, must be pretty dirty . . .
You'd think for supposedly $80K for the paint job it would come with a kid to run alongside with a polish rag . . .
Old 09-09-06, 07:05 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lil4X
You'd think for supposedly $80K for the paint job it would come with a kid to run alongside with a polish rag . . .
In Manhattan's traffic, Lil, the kid wouldn't have to RUN.
Old 09-09-06, 07:11 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Unique did the work, I wonder how long it'll be until they use spray cans from Discount Auto to make the interior gray.
Old 09-09-06, 01:21 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why does the cop have to hold on to his gun in the first pic? NYPD at its best
Old 09-09-06, 01:35 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Why does the cop have to hold on to his gun in the first pic? NYPD at its best
Just cause he's black, thinks its a stolen, and he doesnt know who 50 is.
Old 09-09-06, 01:55 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean
I hope the police impound scratches it. Too many people are paid too much money these days for contributing too little to society.
Amen.....all these, actors, actresses, musicians are way way overpaid...

I dont think these guys are dumb at all. This might even be advertisement for them. 50 getting caught with all those charges will make him look like a "badd boy" which will raise his reputation. Unique is going to be talked about by people like you guys [mouth to mouth, "oh did you hear about 50 cent driving the chrome lambo by unique?"]. And I dont think all those charges will cost more than advertising in a magazine. Very smart!
As for that, i bet you thats the last thing he would have thought about it. He probably figured he had so much money that if he did get into an accident he could pay for it, rather than need insurance.
Old 09-09-06, 02:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
well bottom line is, chrome can't be "painted", it has to be "coated". seriously these look like some sort of paint to me rather than some real chromed surface

half *** job?
Old 09-09-06, 02:30 PM
LexFather

NYPD, LAPD, NYPD, thats who u go and get when u snitch huh...(50 cent song) lol
Dude is a tool to have all that money and driving the car around illegally. However, I would like to know how "agressive" he was driving. In my experience with cops, that means he probably used his signal too much and he decided to drive with his arm out the window.....

Old 09-09-06, 02:59 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Dude is a tool to have all that money and driving the car around illegally. However, I would like to know how "agressive" he was driving. In my experience with cops, that means he probably used his signal too much and he decided to drive with his arm out the window.....
Dumb, senseless actions by a pretty smart individual. And we all know how "agressive" he was probably driving. LMFAO I got pulled over on my birthday this summer while driving with my bluetooth headset which by the way was on the officers viewing side. He claimed he pulled me over because I had my phone to my head. Mind you the top was down and he was right along side me in the opposite lane. You have to love that. NYPD on the job again.

Message to 50 and all other celebs: take care of your business before getting behind any wheel. Don't make yourself a larger target or put yourself or others on the road at risk.
Old 09-09-06, 03:18 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It's hard to really drive " aggressively " in Manhattan, at least in the sense that we think of it. Too many stoplights to stop for, bumper-to-bumper traffic everywhere, cabs dodging in and out all over the place ( you won't believe the number of cabs there until you see them ), and, of course, like D.C., the ubiquitous potholes everywhere to dodge. Yes, you see it in the NYC cop-chase films, but those are carefully staged and roped-off events for filming, not everyday conditions.

That, IMO, is why the cops, outside of driving with no tags and insurance, could really get him only on an illegal lane-change. ( and he might have been trying to just avoid a pothole with that super-low air dam in front like on most exotics) .

Quick Reply: 50 Cent arrested for dangerously driving his all Chrome Murcielago