Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A cop cussing...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-06, 09:28 AM
TranceKid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A cop cussing...

Yesterday night around 1:30am. I was driving back home from I 95. Then i went into a city called summerville. From there i decided to go to boston. i took a wrong turn and ended up on a ghetto *** scary looking highway bridge. The bridge was pretty long before there was an exit i could get out. After i got off the bridge, it was bunch of one way signs. So i had to go around the city so i could fine the bridge entrance again. The place i ended up on was like the projects (Really ghetto). At the time i was really tired. I started looking for signs and i found one that was hard to see, so i looked at it for awhile i was driving. Then a cop came outta an intersection that was going fast about 30. He slowed down and i kept going cuz i was like wtf, why is he going so fast? Then his lights went on... I pulled over and he came over and started to cuss the living **** outta me. What the **** were you thinking running a god damn red light. I told him i was looking at a sign and i was panicing cuz i was lost.(not really lol)Then he said no you were ****ing speeding.He used the f word and also said an insult on me like WTF wut are you 4 or something? While my friend was right next to me, he said Who the **** are you. And it was rediculous for being so rude. Then he took my license and brought it bak to his car. At the time, this was my mothers car and i did not have insurance on it. He did not ask me for registeration. I have gotten a running red light warning before so if he checks his computer for records of me, his not gonna give me a warning. So i decided to get outta the
Old 08-26-06, 09:32 AM
TranceKid
Driver School Candidate

car to try to talk him out of it. Big MISTAKE, he came outta his car and started to ***** at me. He was like GEt THE **** BAK IN YOUR CAR, you never ever get outta your car with a cop. Then i went bak to my car and he slammed the door at me. Then he said i'm not here to give you a ticket on a friday night, I have real police stuff to do.I'm not gonna write you a ticket i'm going to give you a break. (few) I was lucky i got out, or he would had written me a warning and thats a nono because he would had checked the computer if i havn't stopped him. So then after words, he showed me how to get back on the bridge. Well that was my storry. The point i wanna get to is, are cops allowed to swear at people like that.
Old 08-26-06, 09:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

umm, hard to say. i gues technically they shouldn't, but you already say it's such a ghetto area, it's hard to expect a damn nice cop anyway considering what kind people they dealing with every day.

one thing for sure, terrible idea that you tried to get out of the car and talked him down... don't do that again
Old 08-26-06, 10:56 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

I can somewhat understand that if an officer is patrolling those neighborhoods that he is constantly on his guards and edgy.

It was nice of him to give you a break.
And like what rominl said, NEVER EVER get out of your car ! Stay in your car with your hands on the steering wheel

I do give credit to this officer that he is actually patrolling and working the area. How easy would it be for lazy officers at those time of the hours to do nothing so they don't risk their lives?
Old 08-26-06, 11:08 AM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

you got out of your car...you can get shot for that....:-/
Old 08-26-06, 11:08 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Dude. I'd rather have the cop cuss me out rather than give me a ticket.

Consider yourself lucky.
Old 08-26-06, 11:38 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what area you were in? Somerville isn't that bad of an area, and neither really is the surrounding area. I mean of course there are some shady areas but nothing too drastic.

I'm guessing you're very new to driving.
Never step out of a vehicle when you are pulled over. Be as polite as possible to the officer. If he gave you a ticket it was justified. Try not to drive a vehicle you are not insured on.
I don't think he should've been swearing but he let you off very easy.
Old 08-26-06, 01:44 PM
TranceKid
Driver School Candidate

I have insurance on my car, which is under my mom's name. Am i still cover if i driver her other cars?
Old 08-26-06, 03:12 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

u havent been driving long (no offense)

when u purchase insurance u insure the car for all its passengers and drivers. what your getting it confused with is the function of primary drivers in insurance, which by my understanding means that you spend the most time driving one specific car. ur still covered by the insurance in all the cars with that insurance.

also, im pretty sure theres no law or the like stating that the cop has to be "nice" to you in any way. the fact that u got out of the car completely justifies the cop both swearing at you (including before u got out) and actually (i think ) gives him clearance to at least wound u if he feels threatened.

you ran a red, lied to the cop about being lost, got off REALLY easy, and yet still complain about being sweared at.

dont take this personally but sounds like he didnt do anything wrong.
Old 08-26-06, 09:04 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

you got out of your car....
SMH

bad mistake
Old 08-26-06, 09:22 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Koma
Do you know what area you were in? Somerville isn't that bad of an area, and neither really is the surrounding area. I mean of course there are some shady areas but nothing too drastic.

I'm guessing you're very new to driving.
Never step out of a vehicle when you are pulled over. Be as polite as possible to the officer. If he gave you a ticket it was justified. Try not to drive a vehicle you are not insured on.
I don't think he should've been swearing but he let you off very easy.
Slummerville is not as bad as it used to be. It just looks
really dumpy. There are way more scary areas in MA.

My advice is to never ever argue with these thugs. A lot of
them are abusing steroids and suffer from roid rage... No joke.
Old 08-26-06, 10:38 PM
TranceKid
Driver School Candidate

i was lost but not panicing.
Old 08-27-06, 08:57 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How long have you been driving now?

Even in movies they show you not to get out of a car when you're pulle over. Do you ever watch those "Cops" shows?
Old 08-27-06, 10:28 AM
TranceKid
Driver School Candidate

i'm 17 so basically i got my license not too long ago. like 6 months?
Old 08-27-06, 11:46 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TranceKid
i'm 17 so basically i got my license not too long ago. like 6 months?
You've still got a long way to go. I suggest you watch a few episodes of "Cops" so you know what not to do.

Quick Reply: A cop cussing...