Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW driver that parked next to me: "unintelligent"

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 09:57 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea i really hate those stupid people. You park on the end slots, and there they are, parked slanted and the slant is towards YOUR car. I always park on the end slots. Either that, or in a far distance (but not too far) where there will be less likely anyone parking next to you. Next time, have a bottle of brake fluid in the car, and pour it all over their vehicle!! lol This is a word of wisdom that my dad's old mechanic told him. You don't get into a fight with them but they will learn the next time they park that close.
Old 08-03-06, 10:28 AM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

When I was younger, I came out to my truck in a parking lot to find some lady with her back door open into the side of my truck and her fat *** pressed against while she strapped in her kid into the car seat. As I walked up, I noticed the nice big scratch and dent she had made with her door. I was especially pissed since I had just bought the truck only a week before and it was brand new.

Her response to me was to look at her car and see what others had done to it. It looked like she had driven it through a war zone or something. I said, break out the insurance card and license lady, your fixing my truck. She laughed and told me no way. I finally convinced her to give it to me, actually she threw it at me, but I got it from her in any case. I called her at home the next day and told her I would be taking her to small claims court for the cost of the repair since it was less than my deductible. Her husband gets on the phone, after about 10 minutes of talking and him getting more and more pissed off, he stops talking to me, yells at her for bring so careless, which made me smile, and then promised to cut a check.

A week later, a check to cover the amount of damage to my truck. She was driving a benz but the car type doesnt make a difference, it's the lack of brains and concern for others who like thier stuff. She was one of these really insensitive B&*^%$# who just thought that was the way things are, I damage your stuff, you'll damage someone elses. I am just glad she aint my nieghbor.
Old 08-03-06, 10:32 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Some retard in a 4Runner parked next me me too, except the space he took was big enough for motorcycles so i had like 5 inches of room to open my door, had i been leaving work....they are so lucky i was working.
Old 08-03-06, 11:07 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, man! I hate those people!

One time I had that happen to me in my old car, he parked so close I couldn't even get out without some clever maneuvering. I was so pissed I almost waited for that little $&*# so I can beat the crap outta him. But thankfully my sensitive side got the best of me and decided to try to get outta my parking space.

Old 08-03-06, 11:14 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i probably would have parked the same way Javier did... he just bought a brand new car and he didn't want to curb the wheels. the fault should be with the bmw owner who was probably some trophy wife chick who was talking on the phone with her other trophy wife friends about where to meet for lunch.
Old 08-03-06, 11:16 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would have placed eight carts around their BMW just to peeve the owner when s/he gets out of the store...
Old 08-03-06, 11:20 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

When I used to work in Beverly Hills / West L.A. street parking was a nightmare. This was when my tiny Rx-7 was running. I would constantly have huge range rovers and BMW SUVs trap me and leave mere inches that left me austin-powering out of the spot.

I would usually leave some kind of creative note along the lines of "my car is not gay. please do not get so close to its *** next time."

I remember watching this one lady parrallel park her bimmer and lightly hit the car in front of her. She saw that I was watching her and did one of those "smile-wave-hands-in-front-of-face-and-cover-mouth" deal. I just shook my head.

One day, I will carry a floorjack in my car, along with four rollers. The next time someone traps me, i'll jack up their car, put each wheel under a roller and move it down the street

edit:
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I would have placed eight carts around their BMW just to peeve the owner when s/he gets out of the store...
Hilarity! I will do this next time at a grocery store.
Old 08-03-06, 11:36 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

This is the hardest I've laughed in a long time... keep 'em coming, guys!!!

Javier
Old 08-03-06, 12:02 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

HEre's that picture

pm for the picture, too much cursing.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 08-03-06 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 01:23 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
you are 9 times more likely to get keyed than door'd.
100% agree. People will f- with your car for doing crap like that, at least around here.
Old 08-03-06, 03:25 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I will always look for an end spot like that with the curb and pull in as close to the curb as possible. I'm a backer in too, always prefer to back into a spot and always look for a four door if you have to park next to someone, I will absolutely refuse to park next to a 2 door and I get pissed when I come out and a 4 door has parked next to me.
Old 08-03-06, 04:04 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
I leave a little xerox copy that has a picture of Mickey Mouse giving the finger which reads "Thanks a-hole for parking so close. Next time I'll bring a can opener so I can get my car out."

That would be great to plaster all over some idiots car that parks too close. It never fails when I park at the furthest end of the parking lot some moron in an rust 82 Caprice has to come park so close that I have to butter myself up to get into my car
Old 08-03-06, 07:33 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

I would of parked at same spot.

Given the high rate of theft, At least Im not the sole target, and its in a little more crowded spot.

Still is say they should pass a law that known car thieves should be allowed to be hunted for spot, and fed to farm animals.

Still I wouldnt have parked like a moron though.
Old 08-07-06, 11:44 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
I will always look for an end spot like that with the curb and pull in as close to the curb as possible. I'm a backer in too, always prefer to back into a spot and always look for a four door if you have to park next to someone, I will absolutely refuse to park next to a 2 door and I get pissed when I come out and a 4 door has parked next to me.
I'm the same way. In a parking lot, I go out of my way to NOT park in the closest spot to the entrance. Opting for the most descolate area of a parking lot.
But innevetably , like this past sunday when i got to work I parked my car in the very last stall, as close to the edge as possible, So there is only 1 side exposed to idiots, old ladies and haters. PLUS i park all the way to the left side of the stall, wich leaves literally 2 feet of extra space in my stall on the right side.
Now where i work, on Sundays all the other shops that share the lot are closed . No reason to be crowding another car i wouldnt think..... But....... As im starting to walk out to my car through the empty lot , Sure enough, i can't even see my car , because its totally eclipsed by some c**k suckers F-250 with giant bigfoot tires. Wich is (you guessed it) parked backwards not only in the stall next to me, but his tires are are slanted at an angle into my stall. So i had to actually steer around it to leave ......WTF?