Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What are your driving annoyances?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-06, 08:55 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What are your driving annoyances?

I've noticed it drivers are more selfish nowadays with increased traffic but some things are just wrong. Here's my all time hate list:

1. Smokers who flick their live butts out the window when you are right behind them. Use the stupid ashtray fool!

2. Drivers who don't pull over for ambulance/firetruck. You know the ones I mean, they are driving along and bam! just stop in middle of road when there's plenty of room to pull over to right side.

3. Drivers who cross over double yellows onto or from car pool lane. On 10 fwy there's gravel between yellow lines which flies up at your car if someone does this in front of you.

4. I always try to stop for pedestrians but I notice some people just mosy along taking their sweet *** time. If it was me I'd pick up the pace and cross quickly for the nice driver who let me pass.

5. You come up to a red light, there's a BMW waiting in one lane and a station wagon in the other. You get behind the BMW because you figure it'll go faster but noooooo the station wagon goes faster and you end up stuck behind the guy in BMW just cruising along while yapping on his cellphone.

What are some of your annoyances?
Old 07-30-06, 09:01 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Street races. I just witness 2 honda civics today. One of them was riced out, but the other drive was an idiot for tailgating. The tailgater thought he could get to destination B faster if he got to the red light quicker

What's worse than hearing a two loud exhaust racing down the street?

Two loud exhaust with one car having altezzas

Another annoyance is cell phone talkers. I'm guilty of talking once in awhile, but only for a minute or so. In my case, there are drivers who talks forever. They drive 30mph on a 45mph street because they are not away of their surroundings.

lastly, I'm annoyed with red lights. I hate it when I need to get to school because i'm almost late, but a red light comes up every single damn time!!!

1999 Lexus GS400
-Stock

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
Old 07-30-06, 09:10 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. loud stereo while next to you at a light
2. tailgating
3. spitting out the window
Old 07-30-06, 09:14 PM
Tranceman
Rookie

1. cell phone talking
2. people who pass me and then speed up to get to that red light
3. loud music when a car is right next to me, i like to play my music loud but when i'm at a red light and there's no need for it to be that loud i turn it down some.
4. big cars in general - i don't like them.
Old 07-30-06, 09:41 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

1) SUVs
2) Minivans
3) People that dont keep sufficient distance between their car and the car in front of them, and when these people cut in front of me when I'm trying to keep my distance.
Old 07-30-06, 09:52 PM
Lex3soul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSteg
What's worse than hearing a two loud exhaust racing down the street?
I can feel you on that one GSteg! You got to love those wind breakers, lol. Anyways, being in a large city with many transportation, especially the ones with wheels drives me nuts! I hate being behind a public bus on a one lane.
Old 07-30-06, 11:02 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

1.) Rav4 and CR-Vs in general. They always seem to be the cars getting in my way.
2.) People who read their morning paper while driving down the FREAKIN 605 S.....I see it every morning (M-F) while driving 65 miles to get to work and sitting in 2 hours of traffic.
3.) People that have to slow down to watch someone get a ticket.
4.) LOUD CHEAP A$$ stereos! And you all know what I am talking about.
5.) Cars with TOO MANY TVs...(visors, headrests, indash, etc....especially in a coupe.)
Old 07-30-06, 11:12 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

1) People who drive with their dogs on their laps. This has to be illegal. If you need to perform a
quick maneuver to avoid an accident and your dog is in the way....WHAM!

2) People who are driving in front of you and decide they need to wash their windshield while
driving. COME ON! Your crap is flying all over my just washed car. This was especially annoying
when I on my motorcycle.

I'm sure there will be more that come to me.
Old 07-30-06, 11:16 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

ice-cream trucks.
Old 07-30-06, 11:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

1) tailligating behind me -- i always brake check. moron..... if i really hit my ap racing or stoptech, you are buying me a 60k car.....

2) you are in the fast lane but going 60mph. for christ's sake, MOVE!

3) honking me when i stopped before making a right at a red light. no problem, i make sure i stop longer

4) change lane right in front of me without blinking (or even look over). moron, if anything, i am going to hit you, you will spin out, flip and die, and yet you still have to pay for my car

sorry, but being in cali, i am sooo fed up with those people
Old 07-30-06, 11:27 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Ooh after reading some of the posts I remembered a few more:

1. Drivers that cut in front of you and then slow down when there is no cars behind you.

2. Drivers who are in left lane and don't signal they're turning left so you get stuck there.

3. Rubber neckers. How many accidents do you need to slow down traffic to see before you've seen enough?

4. The driver in the gutter lane who wants to bypass everyone else waiting at the light. If I'm in the right lane I'll speed up so he can't cut in.

5. Drivers going 55 mph in the fast lane.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 07-30-06 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-30-06, 11:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

The only annoyance I have these days is people who tailgate me super close when I'm already going at least the speed limit and I can't pull over (someone in right lane) I'll need to go WAY over to get past the car on the right so I can pull over. So I have to ease forward, which takes a while, and the person behind is getting more and more agitated - hey dude, I'm not going 90+ to get past the car doing 75 in the right lane!
Old 07-30-06, 11:28 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

the tailgating ppl have mentioned, i dunno because when ur on the left side of the freeway and you're going about 65 mph along with the person next to you who's also going 65 i mean sorry but ill prolly tailgate you to get you to realize you're going too slow! but yah thats my pet peeve rite there, going slow when you should either speed up or move over to the next lane when youre in the passing lane.

smokers who flick their butts on the freeway!

drivers that hog the right line of the lane and sometimes even crossing it as though they were drunk or something

big rigs who aren't in the far right lane

and many more because i commute to work everyday and run into many occurences when im in a hurry.

Last edited by r4z0r3ck; 07-31-06 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-30-06, 11:30 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

1. Not using turn signals
2. The flicked cigarette thing also.
3. Tail gating.
4. Cell phone useage.
5. Single drivers who ignore the regulated freeway entrances and use the carpool entrance. Mostly young male drivers in my observations.
Old 07-30-06, 11:50 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

those people who can't wait like everyone else when trying to get onto a freeway on ramp. And decide to get into the next lane and get to the ramp and STOPS and then starts to signal, causing MORE FREAKIN TRAFFIC behind them since they are so FREAKIN STUPID and can't wait the few mins.

I mean come on dude! The on ramp is freakin backed up because of the meters. The freeway is freakin parking lot, what the hell is the point of cutting infront of all those other people...to get ur *** stuck in traffic faster ???

ARGH!!!! I hate LA and all of its stupid people and traffic!

Quick Reply: What are your driving annoyances?