Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SC's future little brother

Old 07-12-06, 10:42 AM
TuXeDoMaSk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC's future little brother

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/...ra-ar6872.html
Old 07-12-06, 10:48 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Oh yes...It will be mine!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-06, 11:03 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep.....the SC might have to go.....
Old 07-12-06, 11:31 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

As much as i'd like to see a new Supra, I don't think it will happen. Toyota has gone practical, and the "Supra spy pics" are Lexus LF-A's in testing.
Old 07-12-06, 11:40 AM
TuXeDoMaSk
Driver School Candidate

Here's another link from another forum...

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154210

The white one look so sick.
Old 07-12-06, 12:07 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
As much as i'd like to see a new Supra, I don't think it will happen. Toyota has gone practical, and the "Supra spy pics" are Lexus LF-A's in testing.
No way...Toyota is losing tons of money in the sports car market...Nissan/Infinity has shown that the market is still fairly strong out there. I'm sure Toyota's looking at all that STI/EVO money thats been rolling around the US, and wants a piece. And with the Skyline now comming to the states. The Supra and the new NSX will arrive about the same time.

I cant wait...I'm sure it will rock.
Old 07-12-06, 12:31 PM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Its about time toyota steped back in the game. V8 450hp and reliable I will be looking for lexus to have something with that kind of power too. Time start saving.
Old 07-12-06, 12:59 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Who wants a 450hp NA V8 Supra ? The car is built around it's legendary 2JZ engine and MKIV model, bringing out something that isn't turbo isn't going to appeal to as many people as the previous car that was slated a failure. I've talked to many insiders and I don't see this happening any time soon. Toyota is doing fine selling cars with their current and future slated lineup.
Old 07-12-06, 04:26 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Onelove
Who wants a 450hp NA V8 Supra ? The car is built around it's legendary 2JZ engine and MKIV model, bringing out something that isn't turbo isn't going to appeal to as many people as the previous car that was slated a failure. I've talked to many insiders and I don't see this happening any time soon. Toyota is doing fine selling cars with their current and future slated lineup.
yep, for kids who can pay 20k for supra... however for ppl that will have to pay 30-50k for supra, they need V8. This is why supra never sold well as an new car...
Old 07-12-06, 04:36 PM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
yep, for kids who can pay 20k for supra... however for ppl that will have to pay 30-50k for supra, they need V8. This is why supra never sold well as an new car...

I agree there wont be too many kids driving this toyota. I think toyota has a particular target in mind.
Old 07-12-06, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

the is500 is going to have a v8 for sport. the lexus super car is going to use a v10. the next supra, i think more than likely it's going to be v8.

toyota is fine doing what they are doing, for NOW. they admit that their buyers are too old (and getting older), that's why all the new cars you see they are trying to push for younger buyers. with that said, they need sport cars, period
Old 07-12-06, 10:36 PM
BiGLeX 400
Driver

First off; what a beautiful piece of art. Emotion and speed at a glance is what the new Supra would posess.

I'm also skeptical if it will come into production as Toyota has really shifted their focus off of sports cars all together. With the Celica GT-S and MR2 gone there is nothing save the Scion TC that is even remotely close with what Toyota used to be all about.

Somewhere in the Toyota/Scion model range should be an affordable high performance I4 or 6 cyl in a sporty rwd coupe.

I hope the Supra comes into production and Toyota relives it's glory days once again.

Only then that I may be able to get a good deal on a 93' Supra.
Old 07-12-06, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by BiGLeX 400
First off; what a beautiful piece of art. Emotion and speed at a glance is what the new Supra would posess.

I'm also skeptical if it will come into production as Toyota has really shifted their focus off of sports cars all together. With the Celica GT-S and MR2 gone there is nothing save the Scion TC that is even remotely close with what Toyota used to be all about.

Somewhere in the Toyota/Scion model range should be an affordable high performance I4 or 6 cyl in a sporty rwd coupe.

I hope the Supra comes into production and Toyota relives it's glory days once again.

Only then that I may be able to get a good deal on a 93' Supra.
well, toyota shifted away from sport, but imho they are coming back.

we dont' see that on toyota side yet, but personally i see that on lexus side. 460 with 380hp. ls600hl with 430+hp. 350 with 300+hp. upcoming is500. team lexus entering races with new cars. in japan they are entering races with gs450h. lexus supercar with 500+hp v10.

i can really see lexus pushing in the power game now as well. now just if they shift some of that aspect to toyota side, i think the same will come up again (and if you consider the kind of power the camry and avalon is getting, that's a good indication of what the new sport cars would have)
Old 07-12-06, 11:30 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

i can see toyota utilizing the same trend nissan/infiniti is doing. nissan has the 350z for 25-30k, and the g35 for 35k+. i dont think toyota should bring out siblings like nissan and infiniti has done but just something similar in price range. like the rumored celica/mr2 hybrid for 35k, while the IS coupe for 40k+.
Old 07-12-06, 11:38 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supra's return is pretty much a set deal. All japanese magazines are reporting a Spring 2008 date, a few months after the GT-R launch.

V6 and V8 models for going up against 350Z and the GT-R.

They're not going to go turbo. Nowadays they can efficiently use a V8 with good gas consumption and power output. It will be up to the aftermarket.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC's future little brother