Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.

Old 07-19-06, 08:03 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree the new LS will be there if we cant drive it at least it will be on display.
Old 07-19-06, 10:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIS350
Why do you say that? That will be right around the LS launch, similar to the IS last year. You'd think they'd let people take it for a spin?
umm...... i think he was saying that if they don't haev the ls460l, he's not going @_@

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
I love the event. I enjoy the products but im interested in the food and lifestyle events as well. I see taste of Lexus as a big launch party for the hwole linup and a bonus for current Lexus owners its like lexus thanking us for making there cars so popular.
i agree with the drive and the food, but lifestyle? several events before last yr, yes. but last yr, honestly, it was nothing but like a roach home where people crammed within the tent and a lot of people (without class) fighting for food left and right. i suddenly felt a bit loss there.....
Old 07-19-06, 10:38 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
umm...... i think he was saying that if they don't haev the ls460l, he's not going @_@
Exactly. I hope they have it and that I will be able to take it for a spin though.
i agree with the drive and the food, but lifestyle? several events before last yr, yes. but last yr, honestly, it was nothing but like a roach home where people crammed within the tent and a lot of people (without class) fighting for food left and right. i suddenly felt a bit loss there.....
I agree as well. The behavior of the folks has deteriorated over the years. It's not like the event is that exclusive or the food that special that I need to go out of my way to see it. Sure it's nice to eat free food but honestly why put up with the people if the product, which is ultimately what I'm interested in, isn't there?

All just IMHO.
Old 07-19-06, 10:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
Exactly. I hope they have it and that I will be able to take it for a spin though.

I agree as well. The behavior of the folks has deteriorated over the years. It's not like the event is that exclusive or the food that special that I need to go out of my way to see it. Sure it's nice to eat free food but honestly why put up with the people if the product, which is ultimately what I'm interested in, isn't there?

All just IMHO.
that's why i spent most of the time driving and maybe 15 mins eating snacks? honestly i was kinda bumped when i saw those servers putting up a plate of food and then right the way about 20 hangs crawling all over it and in 2 mins, the whole plate was gone.

i still remember 3 yrs ago when i went to my first lexus event, everyone was so classy, line up nicely and take their food, etc... that's lexus

what happened last yr on food?

sorry if i sound harsh on lexus, but that's just some of my expectations from a brand of this class
Old 07-20-06, 07:14 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

that's why i spent most of the time driving and maybe 15 mins eating snacks?
If I had been smarter I would've done the opposite with the Audi Streets Of Tomorrow event. Don't get me wrong, I love Audi's vehicle selection, but I'm really curious what genius thought making you drive in Hollywood traffic on a Sunday was a good idea. If there were an event with all the class and quality of the food and entertainment at the Audi and the closed course, performance-like layout of the last Lexus event... then I'd have no choice but to follow them around the country and visit every stop they make. Instead of a Dead-Head you could just call me a Lex-Head.

i still remember 3 yrs ago when i went to my first lexus event, everyone was so classy, line up nicely and take their food, etc...
Ya, that definitely wasn't the case last year in Orange County. If I didn't know better I'd swear I had walked into an outdoor Wal-Mart. I'm all for equality, but there are just some people who make THEMSELVES outsiders. It's Taste Of Lexus, not the early-bird special at Hometown Buffet. Even though it's not entirely Lexus' fault, that was just one more area where the Audi event definitely had TOL beat.
Old 07-20-06, 09:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Leets
If I had been smarter I would've done the opposite with the Audi Streets Of Tomorrow event. Don't get me wrong, I love Audi's vehicle selection, but I'm really curious what genius thought making you drive in Hollywood traffic on a Sunday was a good idea. If there were an event with all the class and quality of the food and entertainment at the Audi and the closed course, performance-like layout of the last Lexus event... then I'd have no choice but to follow them around the country and visit every stop they make. Instead of a Dead-Head you could just call me a Lex-Head.

Ya, that definitely wasn't the case last year in Orange County. If I didn't know better I'd swear I had walked into an outdoor Wal-Mart. I'm all for equality, but there are just some people who make THEMSELVES outsiders. It's Taste Of Lexus, not the early-bird special at Hometown Buffet. Even though it's not entirely Lexus' fault, that was just one more area where the Audi event definitely had TOL beat.
lol, you put it so funny man

well let's hope lexus notice what happened and they do the right thing this time
Old 07-20-06, 04:49 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

I didnt really see people rushing the tables and acting crazy over food but a few things i noticed were that there were people who stole the plates, I saw kids waste or even spill perfectly good food. There were kids everywhere and they either misbehaved or even damaged some products they were screaming and crying. This year kids should not be allowed. Also the Lexus mints they were giving away were supposed to be taken one for each person I dont know how many people i saw take several at a time and come back for more. Some people have no class. This year lets hope there are less ghetto people there.
Old 07-20-06, 06:23 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol I have 2 of those Lexus mints, now how did I end up with those...

BTW, I just received the latest issue of Lexus magazine and it states that the Taste of Lexus will have the LS 460 and 460 L for preview. Not clear if you can drive it or not, but still good news nonetheless
Old 07-20-06, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by enigma888
lol I have 2 of those Lexus mints, now how did I end up with those...

BTW, I just received the latest issue of Lexus magazine and it states that the Taste of Lexus will have the LS 460 and 460 L for preview. Not clear if you can drive it or not, but still good news nonetheless
wtf?! lexus magazines again?! man i really need to call lexus........ why i never receive the damn thing
Old 07-20-06, 09:17 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

How does one get the Lexus magazines? Do we have to subscribe with Lexus?
Old 07-20-06, 09:35 PM
ic144
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i noticed the quality of the food selection also went down after each TasteofLexus event. I remember the VERY first event during the launch of the RX and Lexus SUVs, they had seafood with tiny shrimp and lobster if I remember correcty with cheesecake selections. The IS and GS were just sandwiches and eggrolls.

Cutting down on costs i guess.
Old 07-20-06, 10:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Trexus
How does one get the Lexus magazines? Do we have to subscribe with Lexus?
technically if you are a owner you go to lexus.com and sign up and you will get it, but i guess to me it's just not going to happen....
Old 07-20-06, 10:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Considering how much you contribute on CL, plus as an owner of the 'jewel of Lexus,' the SC, I think not sending you the magazine is a serious oversight indeed!!! We've been getting the magazine since some time after we got our 2 ES.

I looked inside the latest issue and found some info...the Lexus magazine address (for updating/changing/canceling subscriptions) is:

Lexus
PO Box 899
Brea, CA 92822-9896

You can also e-mail them at Lexus-Editor@lexus.com...

Perhaps having the VIN# as proof of Lexus ownership might be handy.

And I hope people don't abuse this information and inundate them with requests, spam etc..

Anyhow, back on topic...the blurb in the magazine mentions 'any current Lexus model' as well as 'several competitor vehicles' to be present at the event.

Last edited by encore888; 07-20-06 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-20-06, 10:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by enigma888
Considering how much you contribute on CL, plus as an owner of the 'jewel of Lexus,' the SC, I think not sending you the magazine is a serious oversight indeed!!! We've been getting the magazine since some time after we got our 2 ES.

I looked inside the latest issue and found some info...the Lexus magazine address (for updating/changing/canceling subscriptions) is:

Lexus
PO Box 899
Brea, CA 92822-9896

You can also e-mail them at Lexus-Editor@lexus.com...

Perhaps having the VIN# as proof of Lexus ownership might be handy.
lol, you have NO idea how many emails i have sent them and how many times they replied assuring that i will get my magazines. and yes, they are well aware of my lexus ownerships too.

it's funny, we hardly read magazines, and this is actually the only magazine that my wife LOVES to read, and she reads almost everything in it. but yet, this is one mgazine we never receives...
Old 07-20-06, 10:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

You can pick them up at the dealership here, if you haven't done that already.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.