Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac tops Lexus in satisfaction survey

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-06, 05:23 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Cadillac tops Lexus in satisfaction survey

Cadillac tops Lexus in satisfaction survey
2007-cadillac-cts.jpg

Cadillac has trumped Lexus as the highest regarded luxury brand, according to a owner satisfaction study by research firm AutoPacific. Last year, Lexus narrowly beat Cadillac for the number one spot. Cadillac had the top rated entry Luxury Car with its CTS and solid performances by the rest of its lineup, the firm said. The top rated Mainstream Brand is Honda. The Honda Ridgeline and Odyssey also got top honors in their respective categories.

In rating major segments, Sport Utility Vehicle owners rate their vehicles more satisfying than do Car, Pickup or Minivan owners. This finding goes contrary to popular myth that SUVs are fading in popularity and SUV owners are dissatisfied with their vehicles.

AutoPacific previously announced individual vehicle winners. The vehicle registering highest overall satisfaction in 2006 is the Lincoln Navigator Luxury SUV winning top vehicle, top truck and top Luxury SUV honors. The highest rated car is the new-for-2006 Hyundai flagship — Hyundai Azera.

AutoPacific’s VSA establishes numerical satisfaction ratings for virtually every car and light truck in the United States. Owner satisfaction is calculated across 45 specific areas related to a vehicle’s operation, comfort, safety and the overall purchase/lease experience.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/...action-survey/
Old 05-31-06, 05:33 PM
LexFather

Nissan Armada Wins AutoPacific 2006 Vehicle Satisfaction Award Large
Sport Utility for Third Year in a Row: "Armada is a significant vehicle for
a variety of reasons, the most notable of which is that it comes from a
Japanese brand but is completely tuned for American tastes and
sensibilities. Brand aside, there is absolutely nothing traditionally or
typically Japanese about it. Armada is full size, and when we say
full-size, we mean it! It has a powerful and sophisticated V8 engine bigger
and mightier than the domestic competition! Armada is unapologetically made
for North America and North America alone, with no compromises or
shortcomings."

Those idiots killed any credibility they had with that statement. Its one of the worse reliable vehicle around, pissing off owners left and right.

Old 05-31-06, 07:22 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who the hell is "AutoPacific?"
Old 05-31-06, 07:22 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

dude i understand what you're saying about that. we have an Armada on the lot for sale, once i touched the door handles, it just felt cheap, they wiggle and more, feels like they are about to fall off, the on the inside, the leather just looks cheap, i mean it ugly looking and feeling leather, i rather have the cloth interior in one of these
Old 05-31-06, 07:48 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Cant satisfy everyone year in and year out, but a great majority of customers are still very satisified with their Lex. Good stuff for Caddy, now just work on the quality. The new CTS looks promising. Nice to see GM improving.

Agree on the Armada comment. What you said is true.

Last edited by magneto112; 05-31-06 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-31-06, 07:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations to Cadillac! Lexus is still not far behind, and leads in other satisfaction surveys. May these luxury car makes continue to do their good job, and hopefully improve even!
Old 05-31-06, 08:05 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CHIS350
Yeah...I've never heard of them. Their ratings mean nothing if they have no credibility.
Old 05-31-06, 08:17 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

A Marketing and Consulting group for auto companies. They have been doing this for years. Nothing new.
Old 05-31-06, 08:20 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CHIS350
Originally Posted by bmgs400
Yeah...I've never heard of them. Their ratings mean nothing if they have no credibility.
Hmmm, you guys new to this industry?

I find it very surprising that you have never heard of them. They have been around since 1986 and I'm pretty sure they have a lot of credibility in the industry, just not here at CL.

Also, while I agree that the Armada is not the best built thing around, I know two people that have them and they love them. It could be that they have never owned a Lexus however
Old 05-31-06, 08:44 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

i sat in the armada and i really liked the feel of the truck plus its really huge, listen guys lexus is not the best at everything but they do a pretty good job all around
Old 05-31-06, 11:38 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by doug_999
Hmmm, you guys new to this industry?
Just wondering what "industry" you're referring to. I just don't remeber hearing or reading any reviews and neither have seen references to this group called AutoPacific. Maybe it's just a West coarst thing..I don't know. My usual references to reviews would be Car-and-Driver (magazine and SpikeTV show) or Edmunds. But thanks for your input...it's helps...I guess I could do the usual google search and check it out myself.
Old 06-01-06, 12:47 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

AutoPacific has been around forever.

I bet if Lexus took top honor, no one would question the credibility of the source..
Old 06-01-06, 01:17 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg

I bet if Lexus took top honor, no one would question the credibility of the source..
You're right about that. Sometimes love is blind.
Old 06-01-06, 03:19 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Well, chief.....I'M going to question it ........ BIG time. I'm sorry if that offends you but sometimes if the shoe fits one has to wear it. I look at and drive a lot of new cars myself. 1SICKLEX is correct.....this does not appear to be a very credible organization...certainly not along the line of Consumer Reports. ( I'm not blaming magneto for it either...he did not write it...just posted it as news)

Cadillac may have found some new satisfaction among the sport-sedan buffs now because instead of real luxury cars they are now building BMW-like-type sport sedans designed to carve up the Nurburgring.

( And Consumer Reports does not always rate Lexus #1 either......in 2004-2005 they gave Subaru the highest-rated brand for reliability and initial defects, with Honda and Lexus a close second.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-01-06 at 03:26 AM.
Old 06-01-06, 06:58 AM
LexFather

WHy don't you read the article, there are gaps, like the one I posted.

Quick Reply: Cadillac tops Lexus in satisfaction survey