Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2006?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-06, 09:25 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taste of Lexus 2006?

Does anyone know when Lexus will announce the 2006 Taste Of Lexus tour. I know last year they announced it in late july early august but ws not sure if the dates are always the same. That was my first event. Im hoping this years event has the GS350 and GS450H as well as the new 2007 ES and LS. And lets hope they improve the food last yers was nice but they should make it more like audis streets of tommorow event. Any ideas thoughts or hopes for this years event.

Lets just hope its nicer than last years.
Old 05-30-06, 09:51 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I went last year with a few members. I figure late June early July it will happen. I want a crack at that Is350 again. The 3rd gen GS430 I drove during last years event felt slow .
Old 05-30-06, 10:03 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Are these events also organized in Canada? I never hear about them up here.

I would love to go to one of them this year.
Old 05-30-06, 11:04 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Does anyone know when Lexus will announce the 2006 Taste Of Lexus tour. I know last year they announced it in late july early august but ws not sure if the dates are always the same. That was my first event. Im hoping this years event has the GS350 and GS450H as well as the new 2007 ES and LS. And lets hope they improve the food last yers was nice but they should make it more like audis streets of tommorow event. Any ideas thoughts or hopes for this years event.

Lets just hope its nicer than last years.
You didnt like last years? The one held at Dodger Stadium was great. I wish there were less people, but it was still a really fun experience. Defintiely a great tool for Lexus to promote their cars.
Old 05-30-06, 11:07 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

is there an age limit for this event as well....

Old 05-30-06, 11:13 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed

Never heard of it either, I guess the market up here is so much smaller they don't bother ?
Old 05-30-06, 05:50 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ichigo
You didnt like last years? The one held at Dodger Stadium was great. I wish there were less people, but it was still a really fun experience. Defintiely a great tool for Lexus to promote their cars.
I really enjoyed last years event but looking at pics online seems like the year before was a better event. Also wih audi having the streets of tommorow event Lexus should step it up this year. All i want is for the new ES,LS, GS350 and 450H and the RX350 to be there with the rest of the line but i want more competitor cars. Even better food and posibley better gifts. So i can have something to brag about to all my friends who drive BMW Mercedes and Infiniti.
Old 05-30-06, 06:46 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

And i forgot to add whatever pebble beach edition sc430 or anyother special edition lexus for 2007 should be on display as well.
Old 05-30-06, 06:52 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whoster
is there an age limit for this event as well....

I believe you have to be 21 or older to drive. But you can attend the event regardless of age.
Old 05-30-06, 08:01 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ichigo
I believe you have to be 21 or older to drive. But you can attend the event regardless of age.

That is correct and have a valid DL it was a great time
Old 05-30-06, 08:33 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The site says 'stay tuned for news about 2006' so I'm hopeful it will repeat!

That said, I hope that this time around the LS 460 is there!!!!

More importantly, I hope they return to the invitation-majority method they used in 2004. Frankly, in 2005 with the online sign-ups, just about anybody who wanted 'free food' could show up. It was loud, noisy, and although still fun, it was less involving to me. Not to mention the absence of as many competing cars, and the smaller track for the non-GS/IS models...

2004's Taste of Luxury just seemed more classy than 2005's Taste of Lexus...better food (full lunch buffet), full Auto Museum, and more staff too. But I don't expect a repeat of 2004... hopefully just in between '04 and '05.
Old 05-30-06, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed

i haven't heard of that as well, didn't happen the last few yrs. but true, i hope they do that in canada as well!

And i forgot to add whatever pebble beach edition sc430 or anyother special edition lexus for 2007 should be on display as well.

hahaa, those cars, they don't need to display them and they still sell like hot cakes i think in 2005 they have posters about the special edition RX?
Old 05-31-06, 06:01 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

I just got an invitation to one of these in the mail from the dealer where I bought my GX. Don't think I will be going since I just got a new ride.

CV
Old 05-31-06, 07:25 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by enigma354
The site says 'stay tuned for news about 2006' so I'm hopeful it will repeat!

That said, I hope that this time around the LS 460 is there!!!!

More importantly, I hope they return to the invitation-majority method they used in 2004. Frankly, in 2005 with the online sign-ups, just about anybody who wanted 'free food' could show up. It was loud, noisy, and although still fun, it was less involving to me. Not to mention the absence of as many competing cars, and the smaller track for the non-GS/IS models...

2004's Taste of Luxury just seemed more classy than 2005's Taste of Lexus...better food (full lunch buffet), full Auto Museum, and more staff too. But I don't expect a repeat of 2004... hopefully just in between '04 and '05.
Ive seen pics of the 04 event it looked alot nicer than 2005's even though i still had a great time. I also notced there were alot of people there for free food and alot of kid leaving messes everywhere and making alot of noise. No kids this year hopefully. What kinds of cars were in the auto museum. What kind of food was in the buffet. And cv you said you recvd an info already is it to a launch party or to taste of Lexus please let us know.
Old 05-31-06, 07:33 AM
LexFather

Ive seen pics of the 04 event it looked alot nicer than 2005's even though i still had a great time. I also notced there were alot of people there for free food and alot of kid leaving messes everywhere and making alot of noise. No kids this year hopefully. What kinds of cars were in the auto museum. What kind of food was in the buffet. And cv you said you recvd an info already is it to a launch party or to taste of Lexus please let us know.
Word has spread. In 2005, there were just many more people than in 2004. In comparison to other car makers version of this event, Lexus is still the best. The most competiton to drive and the best food/amenities.

I did find 2005s lacking in amenities and food, I did love the free Lexus wallet we got and when everyone left, we got to drive the IS/3 till the doors fell off.

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2006?