Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Spied . . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-06, 09:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Default New 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Spied . . .

2007 Pacificas will have an optional 4.0 liter dual-exhaust engine coupled with a six-speed automatic developed by Chrysler engineers. The 3.8 liter engine (replacing the standard 3.5) will be coupled to the current four speed automatic. Other changes include a modified all wheel drive, electronic brake controls, a new vehicle communication system, larger rear video screen, optional rear backup camera, and knee bolster airbags; the Infinity audio will return. The six-speed auto may be a “late availability” item.

source : allpar.com
Old 05-26-06, 12:13 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

Pacifica is actually a really great vehicle,but I wish they would make a slicker design. Every time I drive one (sometimes they bring them to my uncle's shop) they are really smooth, nice power even with the 3.5, but I feel like a dork driving one since there is still that little person on my shoulder whispering giant minivan in my ear. Maybe a little more crossover like.
Old 05-29-06, 03:29 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

New look and new engine for 2007 Chrysler Pacifica

The Pacifica's new hood design will be a theme carried across the entire lineup. (Photo courtesy of Brenda Priddy & Company)

With its dual exhausts and "4.0" badging, this Pacifica should offer considerably more power than the current 3.5-liter V6. (Photo courtesy of Brenda Priddy & Company)

New headlights and revised air intake give this Pacifica a slightly different look up front compared to the current model. (Photo courtesy of Brenda Priddy & Company)

By Ed Hellwig Email | Blog

Date posted: 01-01-3000

More power and a revised design, they're two of the oldest tricks in the book when an aging model needs a shot in the arm to stay competitive. The 2007 Chrysler Pacifica looks as though it's getting both, along with an important new safety feature for its midcycle refresh.

Design changes have been kept to a minimum. Our spy shooters managed to catch numerous prototypes in various levels of trim, but they all had a similar look. Up front the new headlights are pretty obvious. They're not any bigger than the previous versions, but a slightly different shape makes the whole front end look different. A revised air intake also alters the look of the front end as it stretches wider across the front fascia and no longer intrudes on the painted surface area.

An even more subtle touch is the new hood which uses strakes similar to those on the Chrysler Crossfire sports car. Our recent spy shots of the 2007 Chrysler Sebring show a similar design so it looks as though Chrysler may be adding it to its entire lineup. Since each Pacifica prototype looked to have a different set of wheels, we're not quite sure if the profile will look any different.

Not much changes in back although the rear view does indicate a few of the upgrades to expect. A prominent "4.0" badge combined with dual exhaust indicates more power will be on tap. Most likely an enlarged version of the current 3.5-liter engine, the 4.0-liter V6 should have at least 260 horsepower and an equivalent amount of torque. Combined with a new six-speed automatic, the new engine should make the heavy Pacifica a little lighter on its feet than current versions.

Another new feature visible on the prototype is a rearview backup camera. With its huge C-pillars, the Pacifica has never been easy to see out of, and when you're trying to sell to families it's a serious obstacle. Packaged with an improved navigation system, the rearview camera will make the Pacifica much better equipped to compete against new crossovers like the Mazda CX-9 and Ford Edge.

Look for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica to be in dealers by the end of this year.

source : edmunds
Old 05-29-06, 05:34 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I get to strike another vehicle off my "potential future transportation" list.

Those headlights are not attractive but that's not the reason I hate them. The Pacifica is, overall, an angular design. It's not a bubble-mobile that would require bubble headlights. There is no other element on the car that compliments the headlight bubbles. Not even the rear lights. Totally out of place and goofy looking. Chrysler manages to ruin a nice wagon.

M.