Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

U.S. Postal Service switching to Hybrid vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 12:32 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
Default U.S. Postal Service switching to Hybrid vehicles

Press Release Source: Azure Dynamics Corporation
U.S. Postal Service to unveil Azure Dynamics' parallel Hybrid Delivery Vehicle at launch event in Boston
Tuesday May 16, 9:00 am ET

TORONTO, May 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD & LSE: ADC) ("Azure" or the "Company") a leading developer of hybrid electric and electric powertrains for commercial and military vehicles, is pleased to announce that the United States Postal Service ("USPS") will unveil its first parallel Hybrid Electric Delivery Vehicle, powered by Azure's proprietary hybrid electric powertrain, at a special launch event today in Boston, Massachusetts.

The USPS event will showcase hybrid technology in USPS fleet vehicles and how this technology helps to reduce: fossil fuel reliance; vehicle life-cycle costs; and vehicle emissions to help contribute to a cleaner environment. The event will be attended by many invited guests including industry representatives, environmentalists, Postal Service employees as well as senior representatives from Azure Dynamics. For more information on the event, please see the USPS press announcement or website at:

http://www.usps.com/communications/c...ironmental.htm.

Since 1775, the United States Postal Service and its predecessor, the Post Office Department, have connected friends, families, neighbors, and businesses by mail. An independent federal agency that visits more than 144 million homes and businesses every day, the Postal Service is the only service provider delivering to every address in the nation. It receives no taxpayer dollars for routine operations, but derives its operating revenues solely from the sale of postage, products, and services. With annual revenues of $70 billion, it is the world's leading provider of mailing and delivery services, offering some of the most affordable postage rates in the world. The U.S. Postal Service delivers more than 46 percent of the world's mail volume--some 212 billion letters, advertisements, periodicals, and packages a year--and serves seven million customers each day at its 37,000 retail locations nationwide.

Azure Dynamics Corporation is a world leader in the development and production of hybrid electric and electric commercial and military vehicles and systems. The group estimates it has over 25 million miles of vehicle experience. Azure's operations are based in North America and Europe.

Azure is currently working internationally with various partners and customers including Purolator Courier Ltd., Canada Post, United States Postal Service, Smith Electric Vehicles, Engineered Support Systems, Inc. and AM General LLC. Azure Dynamics Corporation is a public company trading on the TSX (AZD) in Canada and on the AIM (ADC) in the UK. For more company information please visit www.azuredynamics.com.

The TSX and LSE Exchanges do not accept responsibility for the
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060516/to018.html?.v=28
Old 05-17-06, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

very nice move. socal local parking enforcement shifted to hybrid yrs ago, and i actually gave them props for doing something a bit more meaningful
Old 05-17-06, 10:24 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
very nice move. socal local parking enforcement shifted to hybrid yrs ago, and i actually gave them props for doing something a bit more meaningful
BOOO to local parking enforcement! I don't give them props for anything! B*stards for giving
me tickets! They should be given skateboards so they can actually EARN their money.

I''m not bitter...really I'm not.
Old 05-17-06, 10:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
BOOO to local parking enforcement! I don't give them props for anything! B*stards for giving
me tickets! They should be given skateboards so they can actually EARN their money.

I''m not bitter...really I'm not.
i know, they are even more useless than cops coz' all they do are tickets, NOTHING else, no help no nothing, they are garbage in my eyes. but at least they don't damage the environment further
Old 05-17-06, 10:58 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i know, they are even more useless than cops coz' all they do are tickets, NOTHING else, no help no nothing, they are garbage in my eyes. but at least they don't damage the environment further

Acutally, parking enforcement is good for one thing. For me to POOP ON!
Attached Images