Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Used deal of the century? Last gen M45 current Q45 selling in high teens and low 20s

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-06, 08:19 PM
LexFather

Lightbulb Used deal of the century? Last gen M45 current Q45 selling in high teens and low 20s

For a 2003 340hp, V-8, high technology car, with decent looks and space, this is a SMOKING deal. Its selling as much or less than a G35 coupe!!

Has anyone thought of purchasing, maybe going VIP with it?

DX3, maybe cop this?

Old 05-06-06, 08:32 PM
exvelocity
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the M45,they look very clean a just plain badass
Old 05-06-06, 08:33 PM
LexFather

Holy crap! I just checked out used Q45s. you can easily get a 2005 Q45 for 35k!! That is the price of a new IS 350!!

I had no idea resale was that horrific. This is the newly restyled model!

You can get 2002 models again, in the high teens to low 20s with no issues.

WOW!!

Old 05-07-06, 07:04 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Holy crap! I just checked out used Q45s. you can easily get a 2005 Q45 for 35k!! That is the price of a new IS 350!!

I had no idea resale was that horrific. This is the newly restyled model!

You can get 2002 models again, in the high teens to low 20s with no issues.

WOW!!
I always said that Q is a great deal. I actually considered copping one for a minute. So glad I didn't. Great deal for a car that's stacked. That M45 is a little ugly or should I say weird wit that old lincoln town car front end. Great deals tho. Luxury for Less
Old 05-07-06, 07:32 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

holy smokes! One of the reasons I bought a used Nissan was because the resale was bad, so they were great deals used. Yeah the Q45 and last-gen M45 have always had horrible resale, but I had no idea they were that cheap. Damn, I'll have to check out the Q45 now. Probably pretty tough to find them though because they did not sell at all. 100-200 sold per month does not put a lot of them on the road. In fact I just saw a Q45 yesterday and it was the first time I remember seeing one in probably a year or two. Somebody in my area has a last-gen M45 (JDM Gloria) so I see that every other week or so. But that's the only one I've seen.
Old 05-07-06, 09:10 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
holy smokes! One of the reasons I bought a used Nissan was because the resale was bad, so they were great deals used. Yeah the Q45 and last-gen M45 have always had horrible resale, but I had no idea they were that cheap. Damn, I'll have to check out the Q45 now. Probably pretty tough to find them though because they did not sell at all. 100-200 sold per month does not put a lot of them on the road. In fact I just saw a Q45 yesterday and it was the first time I remember seeing one in probably a year or two. Somebody in my area has a last-gen M45 (JDM Gloria) so I see that every other week or so. But that's the only one I've seen.
Steve, surprisingly, I found quite a few with no issue. One dealer I spoke too said they just sit on lots, there is no interest and they continue to drop the price. Nothing "bad" about either car, people just won't pay for them.

Crazy, for basically a new car(s) with new tech, those prices are very attractive.

Sad though, its the only WAY they are attractive.

Old 05-07-06, 09:26 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

I just searched autotrader.com and there are 5 within 25 miles of me in the northern Chicago burbs, and 18 within 50 miles. So not exactly a great selection, but you're right that they're out there. One is listed for $22k with 47k miles!!!!

Front looks aweful though. Would never get a pass from my wife. Ditch the broad though and
Old 05-07-06, 09:34 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
I just searched autotrader.com and there are 5 within 25 miles of me in the northern Chicago burbs, and 18 within 50 miles. So not exactly a great selection, but you're right that they're out there. One is listed for $22k with 47k miles!!!!

Front looks aweful though. Would never get a pass from my wife. Ditch the broad though and
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Attached Thumbnails Used deal of the century? Last gen M45 current Q45 selling in high teens and low 20s-rick20james.jpg  

Old 05-07-06, 09:52 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Its funny how the old m45 has horrible resale value but the current one has one of the best in class. I guess failures can have a turn around and be winners. The Q45 desperately needs to be redesigned. Nice car except for the front end
Old 05-07-06, 09:56 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

My buddy got an '04 M45 w/ 12K miles for $31K last summer from the auction.

It was loaded w/ every option. Chrome wheels, navi, heated/cooled seats, etc....

I drove it that whole day & fell in love - BUT not enought to give up my GS.

Those cooled seats were pretty damn nice though.
Old 05-07-06, 10:43 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
Its funny how the old m45 has horrible resale value but the current one has one of the best in class.
It hasn't even been out for a year yet, has it? So how can there be accurate resale figures already?
Old 05-07-06, 10:56 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Iceman
It hasn't even been out for a year yet, has it? So how can there be accurate resale figures already?
I was thinking the same thing.
Car A been on the market 4 years, thus you can give an accurate prediction of resale
Car B been out barely 1 year, you can't accurately measure resale, they have barely hit used car lots.

I would wait about 3 years, when leases expire and a car hits dealer lots in droves, than you can really see what a car is trading for. Also, that is when you see owners selling their cars, so it gives you a good mix of what people think the car is worth.

You can't tell that in one year. Of course resale will be high, its less than a year old!

Old 05-07-06, 12:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's even worse for the I35. Around here you can get a 2003 for around 18k. Certified 3 year warranty, too.
Old 05-07-06, 12:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah i noticed that too a while back, mike. the resale of these cars are ridiculous, almost an insult to certain extend. it's so cheap it almost doesn tmake sense to get one new.... whereas for cars like lexus, i often times find it almost makes sense to buy new
Old 05-07-06, 01:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Yeah, I agree.....the last-gen M45 and Q45 are generally good deals on the used-car market, although they sold so poorly as new cars that they are not exactly a dime a dozen...you gotta hunt a little for them.
In addition, the last-gen M45, especially, is like many of the cars I grew up with in the muscle-car era.....rather stodgy-looking 4-door sedans with squared-off-styling, big engines, and tire-smoking rear-drive torque, though the M45, of course, is far more sophisticated, refined and luxurious than those cars were, and built to a much higher standard of precision.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-07-06 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Used deal of the century? Last gen M45 current Q45 selling in high teens and low 20s