Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

is suzuki that good of a bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 06:59 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is suzuki that good of a bike

it was 80 degrees today and of course everyone have their bikes out today. what i notice is that majority of the bikes i seen today was most suzuki gsx-r's. my question is why is that? whut happen to all of the double R's (CBR) and R-1-or R-6, and ninjas. Or is it suzuki is like the "Lexus" to bikes
Old 05-04-06, 07:09 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Dont know much about bikes, but I do know they make the GSX-R and Hayabusa. Thats enough to get me into there showroom.
Old 05-04-06, 08:39 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

All the Japanese bikes are good in terms of quality and performance is all so close. Therefore for me its all about the Looks and YAMAHA > All bikes (even ducatis etc..)

Last edited by magneto112; 05-04-06 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-04-06, 09:00 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I don't care much for Suzuki's cars and suvs, but try a Hayabusa mated to a turbo.
Old 05-04-06, 09:34 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would say its all on your preference on what you like .... there is high end bikes like ducati, MV agusta, buell and several others just to name a few !! its just how much you wanna spend and what bike best suits your needs ..
Old 05-04-06, 10:23 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
i would say its all on your preference on what you like .... there is high end bikes like ducati, MV agusta, buell and several others just to name a few !! its just how much you wanna spend and what bike best suits your needs ..

I wouldn't consider Buell a highe end bike. More like a mediocre sport bike. The reason there are a lot of Gixxers rolling around is that they are more affordable than there Japanese counterparts. They also produce the most power and are the best handling sportbikes from the japanese competitors. They also are the only ones manufacturing an almost dead class of 750cc super sport series. Every one else makes either a 600cc or a 1000cc. This leave a largly untapped market for them to dominate. The only close competitor is a 636cc from Kawi and probably the triump 650 if they can fix the annoying head shake that Triumphs are known for. In all honesty Zukis are great they just have some electrical problems (alternator, starter, and gauge clusters). IF you want power and handling go Zuki. If you are willing to give up a bit of power and conservative handling with ultimately reliability go Honda. If you want reasonable power with affordability go Kawasaki. IF you want the best of all the worlds go with Yamaha. The R1 Limited Edition is one of the baddest and rarest bikes of 2006. Go check them out at your local bike shop and ask some of the riders in your local area. Every one has a preference but what ever works for you. If you are a first time rider get a Kawasaki ZZR-600 its the exact same bike as the ZX6R for 2000 to 2002 they just renamed it and didn't do anything else. So tons of performance parts are available. Plus the insurance is alot cheaper. Oh yeah and take a motorcycle safety course.

Amir
Keep the 2 wheels down.
Old 05-04-06, 11:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Busas are cool...but Yamaha and Toyota go hand in hand. This is the Lexus of bikes...YZF-R1 LE. MSRP $18,000.

Last edited by flipside909; 05-04-06 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-04-06, 11:07 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the styling of the GSX-R much better than any other bike.
Old 05-05-06, 12:10 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

suzuki is a wonderful bike company...

i'm a Yamaha R6 man tho...
Old 05-05-06, 06:22 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

That's because Suzuki is handing everyone their ***!The gsx-r is the king.For example, my 06' gsxr1000 has the same hp as a busa but 100 lbs lighter.The craftmanship of the Suzuki is superior to it's counterparts.Look at the past daytona race, who won the most??
Old 05-05-06, 07:44 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Suzuki Motorcycles remind me of another company's philosophy...

I've been riding Suzukis for years and they provide a good value for a good bike. They are not the best, not the fastest, nor the flashiest, nor the most innovative, nor the most technological, nor the most heart-stopping; but they do offer some of the best bikes overall.

Think of Suzuki Motorcycles like Toyota cars...
Old 05-05-06, 08:54 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I've been riding Suzukis for years and they provide a good value for a good bike. They are not the best, not the fastest, nor the flashiest, nor the most innovative, nor the most technological, nor the most heart-stopping; but they do offer some of the best bikes overall.

Think of Suzuki Motorcycles like Toyota cars...
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-06, 09:16 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BUSTN
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!
I love it...
Old 05-05-06, 10:03 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Busas are cool...but Yamaha and Toyota go hand in hand. This is the Lexus of bikes...YZF-R1 LE. MSRP $18,000.

yep that the one i seen at my school. i live in Trenton, Nj and my school is in New Brunswick, Nj, from here to there is a 1/2 hour trip. so i get to see alot of different type of cars and bikes on my way to school. yesterday i seen a aston martin either a db7 or db9 i couldn't tell because he was coming around a jug handle ( it was black with a drop top). so around trenton everyone roll with GSX-R's, the reason i was looking at the R-1's because it's something different. and im not sure about this but the guy who have the R-1 who goes to my school have (well looks to be) angel eyes as headlights. im not sure if thats custom or stock but it had me like
my friend just picked up a 04 honda double RR, it's black and silver after he crash his 94 katana (scary moment). he told me that honda bike have the best all around handling but for speed, nah. is it me or does the honda CBR look bulky compare to the GSX-R and R-1? the R-1 looks to be the skinnest bike of them all
Old 05-05-06, 02:58 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some of the Yamaha's came with angel eyes. SOme are custom. They look good regardless. HId's make them look better. CBR is bit heavier than the Gixxer. Get a gixxer 750 and call it quits.

Quick Reply: is suzuki that good of a bike