Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

go on and hit me or morons on parade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-06, 09:17 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default go on and hit me or morons on parade?

for the 3rd time since I have had my IS I have nearly been run into by drivers not signalling lane changes RIGHT NEXT TO ME on the road. the first time I wrote it off to the drivers stupidity of not signalling or looking to his left. the 2nd time was today in central connecticut when some douche in an older van with tennesee plates with less than 2 car lengths between the car in front of me and myself on the highway just veered into my lane from the right. nice puerto rican flag buddy [ it was hanging from his rear view mirror which apparently he thinks is just a hanger mang]. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. then less than an hour later on state route 291 a woman who was tailgating someone for no apparent reason aside from being a moron decided to veer right, right into my lane. I blasted the horn and she just about rolled it getting back into her lane and then made some exasperated gesture to herself. it turns out that she wasnt going to stay in the lane if she HAD made it because there was a sign for an exit SHE WASNT taking.

are our cars so small in profile that they cannot be seen by other drivers diagonally in front of them? rolling blind spots as it were? or are there a lot of morons on the road who should be eradicated by a massive pile-up involving only them? ARRGH.
Old 05-01-06, 10:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i guess the car is basically an "idiot magnet"?
Old 05-02-06, 04:24 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell me about it. I was hit in a huge parking lot, where I was literally the only car in the lot. (well, me and the woman that hit me)
Old 05-02-06, 07:07 AM
Advent
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b
for the 3rd time since I have had my IS I have nearly been run into by drivers not signalling lane changes RIGHT NEXT TO ME on the road. the first time I wrote it off to the drivers stupidity of not signalling or looking to his left. the 2nd time was today in central connecticut when some douche in an older van with tennesee plates with less than 2 car lengths between the car in front of me and myself on the highway just veered into my lane from the right. nice puerto rican flag buddy [ it was hanging from his rear view mirror which apparently he thinks is just a hanger mang]. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. then less than an hour later on state route 291 a woman who was tailgating someone for no apparent reason aside from being a moron decided to veer right, right into my lane. I blasted the horn and she just about rolled it getting back into her lane and then made some exasperated gesture to herself. it turns out that she wasnt going to stay in the lane if she HAD made it because there was a sign for an exit SHE WASNT taking.

are our cars so small in profile that they cannot be seen by other drivers diagonally in front of them? rolling blind spots as it were? or are there a lot of morons on the road who should be eradicated by a massive pile-up involving only them? ARRGH.
I dont know what it is but it seems that new cars are a magnet for accidents.Which reminds me.I was driving to work last friday and a IS 06 black was tailing me for about 5miles.I said to myself maybe he likes my color(GFM)and thought to himself he should of chose that color.Well the car infront of me had to stop slightly so I dont slightly but the fool behind slamed on his/her brakes and almost hit me from behind.Can you imagin two of the same cars in an accident.Talk about what could of been a bad friday.
Old 05-02-06, 12:05 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's Murphy's Law.

Two-weeks after my girlfriend got her IS 250, an equally brand-new black Mercedes smashed into the driver's side rear quarter-panel when attempting to do a 3-point turn on a narrow street. It was her first accident in 14 years... and she wasn't even inside the vehicle. (The IS 250 was parked).

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 05-02-06, 12:17 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get that a lot here in CA.

It's worst when I drive my S2000 cuz it's just too small.

what is wrong with people not signaling? even the new IS owner as well????
Old 05-02-06, 12:30 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It's not the 2IS, it's just that 85% of drivers are total idiots. Happens to me almost every day.

Like the moron in the Ford Exploder who came over into my lane- I was in a double-lane right turn lane, I was in the left-most of the right turn lanes, she was in the far right. As we made the right, she just drifted over into my lane. No clue. Complete friggin' morons, I tell you. It's all I can do not to punch people every day.

"...Sorry to interrupt your phone call with that distracting 'driving' thing. "

Hang up and drive!
Old 05-02-06, 12:31 PM
Airwolf
Driver School Candidate

Default Wolf's Law

Wolf's Law:

80% of the world is idiots... most of the rest are *******s.
Old 05-02-06, 01:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
It's not the 2IS, it's just that 85% of drivers are total idiots. Happens to me almost every day.

Like the moron in the Ford Exploder who came over into my lane- I was in a double-lane right turn lane, I was in the left-most of the right turn lanes, she was in the far right. As we made the right, she just drifted over into my lane. No clue. Complete friggin' morons, I tell you. It's all I can do not to punch people every day.

Hang up and drive!
the thing is, they never seem to know what they do wrong, even when you honk
Old 05-02-06, 02:39 PM
jwa
Pole Position

In my 20's, these types of drivers would have bothered me. Now, I'm in my 30's and just accept this as the way many people drive. When you get cut off, back up a little and forget about it.
Old 05-02-06, 04:43 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

If the US have a system like Germany, where you have to pay $3,000 to get your license, and have a Autobahn traffic would flow more freely without stupid drivers.
Old 05-02-06, 08:16 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4

Hang up and drive!
Same thing happened to me also, well with the exploder. I signaled wayyyy ahead to get into the freeway entrance when this moron cuts right in from behind and won't even let me in I had to slam on the brakes so I won't hit him on the side and was hoping nobody would rear-end me.
Too many stupid nowadays
Thankfully I had the radio on and just ignored him (and all other idiot drivers out there) because I see it on a daily basis-desensitized

In summary to digital_b, no it's not you or your IS
And yes, HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!!!
Old 05-03-06, 10:44 AM
LSUFanMan
Driver

DAMN!! That sucks...3 hits? Are you kidding me? I'd kill somebody!
Old 05-04-06, 12:21 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jwa
In my 20's, these types of drivers would have bothered me. Now, I'm in my 30's and just accept this as the way many people drive. When you get cut off, back up a little and forget about it.
easy for you to say. I have been in 2 accidents in my life, both within the last 6 years. once t-boned by a drunk driver. second a teenage moron caused a 4 car pileup because HE WAS NOT LOOKING WHERE HE WAS GOING in a straight line. so far no effect on my insurance since I was not at fault but its enough to make me want to annihilate the next provacateur.