Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Q45 or 2GS 400
Q45 (wow, SICK actually didn't say anything smart about this soon to be discontinued car)
46.15%
GS 400/430
53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

2002+ Q45 or 98+ gs4????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 05:55 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2002+ Q45 or 98+ gs4????

im THIS close to buying a 2002+ Infinity q45..... HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE q45 VIP?!?! HOLY CRAP i just fell in love *kickin girl out.

that car is growing on me more and more.... im in the transition of getting another gs4 after having sold my 98 gs..... im loving the bold look of the q......

does anyone follow me?

If you haven't seen the q vip'd check out http://www.blowdesign.co.jp/exp_se/index.html
Old 03-28-06, 06:37 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go for the Q. Not a fan of infiniti and what they have done with their Q45 but it is a pretty good car especially for the market price. Change is good since you said you already went the GS route (which by the way is a great car as I'm sure you know). The only thing that scared me from the Q back when I was checking for them is the low resale value. But we don't buy cars for resale value. We buy them for how much of a value they are for us while we own them. I hope I'm making some kinda sense. Either way both are great cars. So take your time and go to some Infiniti boards and see what Q owners think. Good Luck
Old 03-28-06, 06:41 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

I would get another GS or LS...............Im not feeling the Q too much.

VIP GS/LS > VIP Q45 in terms of looks, luxury, prestige
Old 03-28-06, 07:08 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Q45 is horrendously outdated, the M45 is basically the same size
Old 03-28-06, 07:18 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexLaw
I would go for the Q. Not a fan of infiniti and what they have done with their Q45 but it is a pretty good car especially for the market price. Change is good since you said you already went the GS route (which by the way is a great car as I'm sure you know). The only thing that scared me from the Q back when I was checking for them is the low resale value. But we don't buy cars for resale value. We buy them for how much of a value they are for us while we own them. I hope I'm making some kinda sense. Either way both are great cars. So take your time and go to some Infiniti boards and see what Q owners think. Good Luck

i absolutely love the new styling of the q45.... the interior is bananas and the technological point of it actually has a few really nice features... for example... the rear view camera (stock feature) and the voice command features.... i like that it comes equipped with a bose system and that infinity actually took their time with the little things...like the monitor that lets you know what your tire pressure is at.... the body styling is really nice... its a BIG car and it looks powerful on the road.....345 hp doesnt sound bad either... but im having a hard time.. i love the gs....i love ALL the different styling possiblities.. i love the performance and the overall feel to it..... what i HATE....(emphasis on hate).... is that i see the gs about 100 times a day.... i think it has lost its exclusivity....everyone and their mother has one...on the other hand i havent seen the q on the road as much...and when i do... it catches my eye instantly...the possibilities are more on me getting a gs than a q.... simply because it's something ive always wanted to work on...we're looking at 70 percent of me getting a gs...but we'll see... i appreciate your opinions.
Old 03-28-06, 07:28 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I would get another GS or LS...............Im not feeling the Q too much.

VIP GS/LS > VIP Q45 in terms of looks, luxury, prestige

im pretty sure people respect the gs more than the q, but im also sure that a vip q45 will turn heads as well.... like i said... im more likely to stay in the lexus family because im SURE that the GS is a solid machine....reliable and stylish...i think people are sleeping on the q though...i think it definately has potential...oh yeah.... i love the m45 also.
Old 03-28-06, 07:42 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Oh no, not feelin the new Q. If you must have a Q I think the 2000-2001 models look much better. Otherwise, get the GS.
Old 03-28-06, 08:52 PM
LexFather

So I have to say it???

POLL TIME!!!

Old 03-29-06, 12:48 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tone
im pretty sure people respect the gs more than the q, but im also sure that a vip q45 will turn heads as well.... like i said... im more likely to stay in the lexus family because im SURE that the GS is a solid machine....reliable and stylish...i think people are sleeping on the q though...i think it definately has potential...oh yeah.... i love the m45 also.
I think the ">" is saying that the GS/LS is great than then Q...

I like the Q45, always have and always will. True, today's Q is outdated, but he's looking at an older one so the current state of the current Q doesn't matter. Also, the resale value stuff wouldn't matter now, I dont think because the car has already amassed a good amount of depreciation. You also would stand a better chance at finding a lower milage Q than a GS/LS that is around 4 years older (if that is even of concern to you).

I say go to a Q, you may love it and never look back, or you may hate it and appreciate Lexus that much more. Either way though, you would have had the opportunity to drive in what IMO is a great car.
Old 03-29-06, 01:14 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is my friend's Q45. Lots of Junction Produce stuff. 20" rims, Air Suspension, body kit. Unfortunately I only have this pic. The over all package is very nice. I have no opinion as to which car to get. Both are very nice.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 07-19-06 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-29-06, 08:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

The Q is a very nice car, but the current generation is ugly indeed . . .
Old 03-29-06, 08:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

I would not get a Q simply because it is rare. I would get one if I really liked it. Do you really like the Q better than you like the GS? If you answered "yes", then get the Q.

When I bought my GS 3.5 years ago, I was torn between the BMW 540i, MB E430 and the GS. The GS won for two major reasons (in this order of importance).

1. Bulletproof reliability
2. Exclusivity (at least here in Ontario, Canada)
3. I have always loved the styling of the 2nd gen GS (to me it was the best looking 4 door sedan back in 2002)
Old 03-29-06, 09:03 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

i like the Q, ifyou can get a GREATTTT deal get one, if not stay with the lex
Old 03-29-06, 11:16 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I almost bought a Q45 myself. I had driven a few of them and really liked them. The dash area is not the most appealing but the 345HP was a big selling point along with all the gadgets they come with. Well, I was getting desperate to purchase a car and a local Lexus dealer had a great deal on a pre-owned one. I went to look at it and was ready to buy but it was not in the "like new" condition I was looking for. The sales person asked if I had ever thought about a Lexus and they let me drive a few LS430's. I really liked the LS430 but it was a bit more than I was wanting to spend and I really think of those cars as being driven by the 50+ crowd . Anyway, they then asked me to try out the GS. I drove the GS300 first and really liked the car. I think the build quality and fit and finish is way better than the Infiniti. I really wanted a V8 but they did not have any pre-owned available so I went to the new car area and drove a GS430. I was sold on that car within the first 1/4 mile of the drive. I think the horsepower of the GS430 is more direct and just felt more powerful. Also, the fit and finish was just better than any other car I had looked at. I then completely turned off my search for a Q45 and went with the GS430. I really do not regret my decision. I don't know what kind of modding is available for the Q but as you know there are some great mods available for the GS.
Old 03-29-06, 01:35 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tone you gotta be kiddin me. A Q45? That car is crap and you will have more problems with it than your other car. Stick with the GS

Quick Reply: 2002+ Q45 or 98+ gs4????