Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Some inside info on the 08 Lambo Murci

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 08:28 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
Exclamation Some inside info on the 08 Lambo Murci

Interesting info.....

I was at the dealership today (Lambo Ohio) and was talking with the head Lambo technicians about some stuff on my Murci and they told me about their recent tour to the factory and I think people will be very intersted as to what they were told by Lamborghini during the training.

The new LP640 not only is not "new" it will not even be around for more than one year. The '08 Murci with have a little increase in power over the 640 and in '09 there will be a new chassis and frame and essentially a brand new car. It was not yet determined as to whether or not it would even keep the Murci name but the engine has already been determined. It will make at minimum 700HP, the frame will be aluminum, as well as many other changes. This is NOT speculation as the engine was there and the tech's have seen it so that they could begin familiarizing themselves with it.

The process went as follows. Lambo beefed up the power and broke the tranny, Lambo beefed up the tranny and then broke up the diff., Lambo beefed up the diffs and then broke the axels, etc. etc. They were then produciing around 700HP in the "LP640" and then dialed it down for reliability issues to 640. They will continue to make minor improvements to allow for a build in HP for '08, but at the 700HP + level, the frame has started to twist so and all new chassis will be implemented for '09 and beyond.

700HP+ aluminum chassis and frame=

Just a little FYI for those who are rushing to order their LP640's

Two things to remember. When they say twisting, I am sure that ANY kind of twisting on the frame is bad and they obviously do thing to the car that 99.9% of peopler would never dream of. They have to push it to it's limits and beyond so that they know what they are dealing with. The reason the Murci has only had 580 & now soone to be 640HP respectively is because of WARRANTY issues. They have to detune the engine so that the number of warranty problems related to breakage of components is kept to a minimum. That's why exotics are usually tuned to about 80-90% of what the factory gets out of that motor.
Source: Lambo-Power.com

Last edited by magneto112; 03-14-06 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-14-06, 09:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

funny, i thought most companies they tune their cars not to max for the same reason (few i know would be the m3 and m5?). toyota engines are known for capability of a lot more power, they must be detuning big time, hahhaa

but regardless, that's still massive power in hand
Old 03-14-06, 05:14 PM
LexFather

Yup, another reason why Lambos have AWD, to effectively put the power to the ground and be safer in everyday drviing

Old 03-15-06, 01:35 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds really good.
Need to buy lottery tickets.