Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger (Official Pics pg. 3!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 10:56 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 2007 Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger (Official Pics pg. 3!!)

Not sure if anyone here would really care about this rental car favorite, but what the hell...Enjoy

2007 Chrysler Sebring caught on the street
By Ed Hellwig Email
Date posted: 03-02-2006

If the fact that Chrysler even builds a Sebring sedan is news to you, we're not surprised. Not only is it overshadowed by newer and more modern midsize sedans like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, the Sebring has to compete with Chrysler's own 300 sedan. With the 300's available Hemi V8 power and strangely attractive Mafioso styling, it's a tough act for the Sebring to top.

Chrysler is hoping to get the 2007 Sebring noticed again with a major redesign that will debut this year. We caught a prototype of the new sedan making a few test runs on the streets of Michigan recently and it gives a good idea of what the new four-door will look like. The spy photos clearly show a more distinctive front end with a shorter nose that uses swept-back headlights and a more integrated grille design. The prototype also has less prominent wheel arches than the current model and a squared-off rear window which seems to indicate a more spacious rear-passenger compartment.

Other than the expanded backseat, the overall dimensions of this new Sebring don't appear to have increased much over the current model. Instead of making it bigger than its direct competition, we think Chrysler will probably attempt to use improved materials, high-end optional features and an upscale interior design to sell the Sebring. It would keep the midsize sedan from taking away customers for the 300 and give the Sebring a slightly different look and feel than most of its Japanese and domestic competitors.

Unlike the bigger 300 sedan that uses a new rear-wheel-drive platform, we expect this new Sebring sedan to stick with a front-wheel-drive layout. And like most sedans in the midsize category it will probably offer both four- and six-cylinder engine options. With its sights set on cars like the Camry and Accord, don't look for an SRT version anytime soon.

We expect to see the 2007 Chrysler Sebring sedan make its debut at either the New York auto show in April or the Los Angeles auto show in November with sales starting late this year.
Old 03-07-06, 11:45 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait... I thought the Sebring was a convertible????

Edit: I ran a photo search and found the sedan... Good griefe, I thought they killed that thing!!!

On a side note, I like the psychedelic vinyl wrap job to hide the lines!

Last edited by Stage3; 03-07-06 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-07-06, 11:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Probably no difference in how it looks when they take the wrap off
Old 03-07-06, 12:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Not sure if anyone here would really care about this rental car favorite, ]
Have any of you guys ever DRIVEN a Sebring...or even SAT in one? Even calling this vehicle a rental car is overdoing it.

The ONLY thing this car was ever any good for, IMO, was giving you a nice roomy convertible version for a low price ( by convertible standards) that will actually seat four adults.....a rarity in the convertible world.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-07-06 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-07-06, 01:29 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Have any of you guys ever DRIVEN a Sebring...or even SAT in one? Even calling this vehicle a rental car is overdoing it.
My co-worker bought one brand new. In two years, it overheated eight times.

She got her money back under the CA Lemon Law. I helped her look at every Toyota and Lexus car out there for a couple of weeks. She ended up getting a Honda Accord. I can't believe she ended up with an Accord...
Old 03-07-06, 01:34 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I can't believe she ended up with an Accord...
The keyword is "she"
Old 03-07-06, 01:38 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Accords are pretty pimp.... I'd rather take Accord than a Camry.
Old 03-07-06, 01:50 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ
The keyword is "she"
I'm not biased towards Toyota. I just have a pure hatred towards Hondas.
Old 03-07-06, 03:08 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by mmarshall

The ONLY thing this car was ever any good for, IMO, was giving you a nice roomy convertible version for a low price ( by convertible standards) that will actually seat four adults.....a rarity in the convertible world.
Yes. My family and I had it as a rental car once and we used to give this car out as loaners when we didnt have any loaner Volvos around. I personally dont think calling it a Rental Car favorite is overdoing it. Cheap materials all around, loud engine, uncomfortable driving position, lousy ergonomics. Compared to the Camry, Accord, Sonata, Altima and many others, this would be the last car I would recommend to anyone. Chevy Maibu's are better than this.

Now, I personally never driven the convertible, but I'm sure its not a significant difference.
Old 03-07-06, 03:26 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Never liked those cars.. Real cheap
Old 03-07-06, 06:30 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enth...178.A9001.html

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/...stratus-spied/
Old 03-07-06, 07:32 PM
LexFather

Does every car have to have the same C-pillar? It has the same shape as the G35 and Mailbu and pretty much all Nissans, the GS, Mazda 3 and whatever other cars I am missing.

Damn

Old 03-07-06, 10:30 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if anyone here would really care about this rental car favorite, but what the hell...Enjoy

I think it looks fabulous!
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger (Official Pics pg. 3!!)-shagadelic.jpg  
Old 03-08-06, 03:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes. My family and I had it as a rental car once and we used to give this car out as loaners when we didnt have any loaner Volvos around. I personally dont think calling it a Rental Car favorite is overdoing it. Cheap materials all around, loud engine, uncomfortable driving position, lousy ergonomics. Compared to the Camry, Accord, Sonata, Altima and many others, this would be the last car I would recommend to anyone. Chevy Maibu's are better than this.

Now, I personally never driven the convertible, but I'm sure its not a significant difference.
I agree with you. That's what meant when I said that it is not even fit to be called a rental car.....just what you said. You misunderstood me. It is indeed a cheaply-made product.
Old 03-11-06, 10:41 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Default 2007 Dodge Avenger (Road Runner possible)

The next generation Stratus and Sebring, expected in June 2006, will be based on the Mitsubishi Galant platform, but Chrysler is the "engineering lead." Mitsubishi had already been working on the next-generation Galant/Eclipse (Montero Sport outside the US) for some time. The resulting sedan would use Chrysler V6 and joint-venture four cylinder engines, with the 2.4 liter four-cylinder all but certain, the 2.7 liter V6 confirmed, and the 3.3 or 3.5 possible.

A Road Runner-type coupe might also appear - that is, a model with few features but a big engine and tough suspension.

The Chrysler convertible version has been seen running around town more than once, with clear Crossfire-type styling and what might be a cloth roof or, equally likely, a cloth roof stretched over a removable hardtop to fool observers. The styling is a combination of the current Sebring convertible and the Crossfire. Click here to visit Ray Wert's weblog, which has photos.

oh2o, a reliable source, said that the Sebring Touring would include the 2.7 V6 (200 hp), coupled to the current four-speed AutoStick transmission, which was chosen due to its relatively low cost. The Touring model also includes ESP (stability package), traction control, and four-wheel discs. Semi-luxury features include the Chrysler analog clock, tilt/telescope steering wheel, headlamp washers, interior LED lights, sunglass holders for both driver and passenger, heated/cooled front cupholder, passenger fold-flat seat, sliding front armrest, and, of all things, tow hooks. It seems that Chrysler is out to differentiate the Sebring through cool features.
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/avenger.html

Last edited by magneto112; 03-11-06 at 05:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger (Official Pics pg. 3!!)