Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The Offical Car Chat Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 05:25 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up The Offical Car Chat Appreciation Thread

I don't know if ya'll have noticed, but this forum is turning into one of the most popular on CL and it has done so in such a short time, remember, this was all under the clubhouse and was split only a couple years ago.

There are so many members here who go above and beyond to find us info, pics, reviews etc, to make this a place that is just incredible to read. I can pretty much count on getting all my info here, instead of having to go to 10 different sites!!!

Yes, we have had our closed threads and heated arguements, but all in all, its been a GREAT ride thus far!!

Keep it up gang. Its great to see so many new members and people with maybe not 5,000 posts, come in here and give their 2 cents.

Also, its great we keep and have so many people that own other cars and brands, to keep us honest, and keep things lively! Out of all the forums I visit, we are really lucky to have this. Many other places, these people get blasted for no good reason. At least when we debate, its intelligent, not just "this sucks".

I am also noticing people really stepping up their overall car knowledge as well as people giving us more reviews in their own words. This is awesome, bring us your reviews!!

Another thing I have noticed, our findings or opinions are linked all over the net. People either love the info or hate the opinion but must think pretty HIGHLY of it, to link to their own forum.

So keep the news and chatting coming!!

LONG LIVE CAR CHAT!!!

Old 03-01-06, 07:02 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

And thank you for being a great moderator for this forum and sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
Old 03-01-06, 07:30 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by magneto112
And thank you for being a great moderator for this forum and sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.

while i may not know the most about cars around here, i certainly love car chat for all the knowledge you guys have. really impressive in my eyes, and thanks for all the fish. oh wait, got hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy on the mind.
Old 03-01-06, 07:39 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Splitting Car Chat off from The Clubhouse is one of my favorite decisions made for CL in a long time.

Like you said Mike, if there's news it’s on our site.
Old 03-01-06, 08:03 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for Car Chat. I consider it the 'Main Street' of the CL board.
Old 03-01-06, 08:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

A very special thanks to LexArrazzo, magneto112, mmarshall, Overclocker and 1SICKLEX for the immense amount of articles, pictures and reviews.

Sorry in advance for not recognizing other significant contributors I've forgotten!

Last edited by bitkahuna; 03-01-06 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-01-06, 09:36 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Sorry in advance for not recognizing other significant contributors I've forgotten!
Ahem…

j/k I'm inspired by all those you listed off.
Old 03-01-06, 11:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
A very special thanks to LexArrazzo, magneto112, mmarshall, Overclocker and 1SICKLEX for the immense amount of articles, pictures and reviews.

pretty much, and couple others as well.

the car chat in general is just an amazing forum. i always love cars, and always like to learn more. but the car chat is simply the first forum that i really got addicted and then eager to spend a lot of time to read and learn more.

and on top, one thing i really like is how we do our best to make this forum as open as possible, unlike a lot of other forums i go to, which is nothing but a disaster.

big big thank you to EVERYONE
Old 03-02-06, 03:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

One of the biggest.......and perhaps best.......functions of CAR CHAT is that it helps to educate people about what their potential car-buying needs BEFORE they get to the showroom and have to deal with salespeople and the often high-pressure atmosphere. For example...the world of SUV buying is quite complex these days, with truck-based body-on-frame designs, unibodys, crossovers, car-bodies vs. truck-bodies, conventional powertrains vs. hybrids, part-time vs. full-time 4WD, AWD, transfer cases, center differentials, off-road vs on-road engineering, live axles vs. independent suspension, etc..... It helps a lot when you know EXACTLY what you need, how it is designed, what you are getting, and about how much it will cost. CAR CHAT can help people make that choice. Same for many other classes of vehicles as well.

And Liz ( AsianGirl ), having been on the other side of the fence, can give us some insight from the sales point of view as well.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-02-06 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-02-06, 08:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
One of the biggest.......and perhaps best.......functions of CAR CHAT is that it helps to educate people about what their potential car-buying needs...
Totally agree. I thank everyone that has provided input (whether positive, negative, or totally biased) with regards to the world of automotive anything.

Better than a magazine skewed to think it's all about horsepower, and better than a buyer's guide skewed to think it's all about price. And it's better than most other car forums out there skewed to think it's all about their own car and nothing else.
Old 03-02-06, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
One of the biggest.......and perhaps best.......functions of CAR CHAT is that it helps to educate people about what their potential car-buying needs BEFORE they get to the showroom and have to deal with salespeople and the often high-pressure atmosphere. For example...the world of SUV buying is quite complex these days, with truck-based body-on-frame designs, unibodys, crossovers, car-bodies vs. truck-bodies, conventional powertrains vs. hybrids, part-time vs. full-time 4WD, AWD, transfer cases, center differentials, off-road vs on-road engineering, live axles vs. independent suspension, etc..... It helps a lot when you know EXACTLY what you need, how it is designed, what you are getting, and about how much it will cost. CAR CHAT can help people make that choice. Same for many other classes of vehicles as well.

And Liz ( AsianGirl ), having been on the other side of the fence, can give us some insight from the sales point of view as well.
let's overtake edmunds. we can do it
Old 03-02-06, 10:41 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
let's overtake edmunds. we can do it
There's no question Edmunds has great forums. I've read a number of them myself...though I never formally joined. But from what I have seen, their forums are each set up for one specific vehicle rather than a general Jack-of-All-Trades car chat like ours. For instance, if you want to discuss three different cars you have to go to three different forums. Here on CAR CHAT you just click the mouse a couple of times and get into a different thread....or sometimes you don't even have to do that, based on the direction the conversation is going, like if, say, a poster wants advice on multiple vehicles while car-shopping.
Old 03-02-06, 02:29 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I just want to add that car chat rules, thanks to all the peeps that work hard and post the interesting stuff.
Old 03-02-06, 04:07 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you CL for giving us all the latest info , i dont even check autospies like how i used to anymore
Old 03-02-06, 05:08 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We love cars and this is the place to share the wealth of knowledge Great forum!

Quick Reply: The Offical Car Chat Appreciation Thread