Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Got pull over by cop yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 10:07 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got pull over by cop yesterday.

I got pull over yesterday after work. Honestly I have no idea why he pull me over. I wouldn't understand if he pull me over when I'm in my S2000, but on my Lexus? He was right next to me for about 1.5 miles before he decide to go behind me and flash the light. After I got pull over he then ask me "license and registeration." "how long ago did you buy your car?" "what kind of car is this?" " Is it V8 cuz it says 350 in the back." I told him I bought mine 2.5 months and still haven't receive my license plate yet. My last car I didn't get mine till 6 months pass. He said I can get a violation ticket for that..... wtf. Anyway, he then told me I can't have tint window. I told him I just got them and they are really light ones. (I know you can't have tint in the front). Anyway, he then said to me that I work right next to where you live so I don't want to see these tint and put your license plate on asap. wtf!?!?!?!?!??!

Dame, it's a Lexus ok??? It's a luxury car. WTF is this happening to me?????
Old 02-24-06, 10:12 AM
kingkong5
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, unfortunately I don't think Lexus are immune to no license plate or tinted front windows tickets.
Old 02-24-06, 10:13 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shaolin
I got pull over yesterday after work. Honestly I have no idea why he pull me over. I wouldn't understand if he pull me over when I'm in my S2000, but on my Lexus? He was right next to me for about 1.5 miles before he decide to go behind me and flash the light. After I got pull over he then ask me "license and registeration." "how long ago did you buy your car?" "what kind of car is this?" " Is it V8 cuz it says 350 in the back." I told him I bought mine 2.5 months and still haven't receive my license plate yet. My last car I didn't get mine till 6 months pass. He said I can get a violation ticket for that..... wtf. Anyway, he then told me I can't have tint window. I told him I just got them and they are really light ones. (I know you can't have tint in the front). Anyway, he then said to me that I work right next to where you live so I don't want to see these tint and put your license plate on asap. wtf!?!?!?!?!??!

WTF is right. Why exactly are you expecting special treatment... only people that drive cheap cars should get pulled over? He pulled you over because you have a dealer plate on a car that should have permanent plates on it. Dealer tags are typically only good for 30 days (it says right on the plate).
Old 02-24-06, 10:15 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Did you get pulled over in Irvine area? I work there all the time and that sucks. Sorry to hear you got hassled like that, but if you dont get your plates soon, you should contact DMV so the cop doesnt bust you again.
Old 02-24-06, 10:17 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

do you have chrome 20" wheels too or something???

kidding...(but really, I know a constable (friend) that specifically looks for cars that are heavily modded...so if you guys want attention with your mods that's what you'll get in Houston)

Last edited by bagwell; 02-24-06 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-24-06, 10:18 AM
mofogasm
Pole Position

I am in the Bay Area and i got pulled over this last sunday for teh same tinted windows also. It was inthe middle of the night and i turned in front of the cop and he turned and followed me for a mile before he pulled me over. I already have my plates on the car. Him and his partner then had me pop my hood and they proceeded to check if i had installled anything. Thankfully i have a black powdercoat intake and i removed the LMS decal from the intake, they didn't see a thing.
Old 02-24-06, 10:21 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin

It has been discussed here, ANY application of aftermarket tint is illegal here in California. You should have known that going in.

Also if you haven't got your plates yet, it's your responsibility to follow up with the DMV. I got mine in 2 weeks. Temp registration is good for 30 days.
Old 02-24-06, 10:33 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by heffergm
WTF is right. Why exactly are you expecting special treatment... only people that drive cheap cars should get pulled over? He pulled you over because you have a dealer plate on a car that should have permanent plates on it. Dealer tags are typically only good for 30 days (it says right on the plate).
There is nothing to do if i don't have my plate.

My girl she got pull over on her first month cuz no plate. And at that time the cop told her that the DMV give out these plate fairly quick now.

How don't see anything in my mail box
Old 02-24-06, 10:38 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ichigo
Did you get pulled over in Irvine area? I work there all the time and that sucks. Sorry to hear you got hassled like that, but if you dont get your plates soon, you should contact DMV so the cop doesnt bust you again.
Yup. I live here and I work around here too. I've saw 6 to 7 cops yesterday going home from Newport Beach.

I'm so used to cop pulling over modified cars etc... but for luxury car, plus I was driving very normal with my new Lexus.
Old 02-24-06, 10:40 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Only thing you can apply to the fronts are a UV clear film in Cali.

Sounds like he just wanted to look at your car though........
Old 02-24-06, 10:40 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mofogasm
I am in the Bay Area and i got pulled over this last sunday for teh same tinted windows also. It was inthe middle of the night and i turned in front of the cop and he turned and followed me for a mile before he pulled me over. I already have my plates on the car. Him and his partner then had me pop my hood and they proceeded to check if i had installled anything. Thankfully i have a black powdercoat intake and i removed the LMS decal from the intake, they didn't see a thing.
Lucky you there.
I didn't know cop target on Lexus that much??? I was lucky that I havne't got pull over with my mod s2k in irvine for 3 years.... 1 pull over with lexus in 3 month.....
Old 02-24-06, 10:43 AM
silver250
Driver

they cant do ***** to you anyways if you dont have your plates yet...........u are very lucky though that he didnt give you a ticket for ur tints.........i got pulled over for running an orange light the first week i got the car and the second day with my new tint............argghhhhh kinda scratched my tint cuz he pulled up next to me so i had to roll down the windows..............but he was koo, he was like "u know that ticket costs as much as your car payment??" then he smiled and bone the hell out...........hahahhahah as long as we dont get any tickets, we're lucky and should just be happy about it
Old 02-24-06, 10:44 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
It has been discussed here, ANY application of aftermarket tint is illegal here in California. You should have known that going in.

Also if you haven't got your plates yet, it's your responsibility to follow up with the DMV. I got mine in 2 weeks. Temp registration is good for 30 days.
True, any application on the front windows is illegal in California, rear tint is fine.
Old 02-24-06, 10:44 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

aww man you are lucky!!

same thing happened to me and i got a tickect for that. i tinted my windows and i got tickect the next day. it was 35%, so I am not sure if it was too dark or watever. But then i still have those tinted windows on, and yet to get pulled over next time again. I have until march 3rd to take them out and have it singed. lol
Old 02-24-06, 10:45 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

that reminds me i need to go take that iint off and install the spoiler. haha

Quick Reply: Got pull over by cop yesterday.