Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First images of the 2007 Koenigsegg CCX (plus video)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 04:48 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First images of the 2007 Koenigsegg CCX (plus video)

Originally Posted by leftlanenews.com
The first images of the 2007 Koenigsegg CCX surfaced over the weekend. The Swedish supercar is expected to cost around $650,000 and have more power than its predecessor, the CCR, which has 806 hp. While official details will not be released for at least a week, the CCX is widely believed to take aim at the Bugatti Veyron for the tile of "World's Fastest Car."
Old 02-21-06, 04:55 PM
LexFather

I want to like this car but I just can't pronounce it. Thus I don't like it

Old 02-21-06, 05:05 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are two Swedish things that I like. One is Uma Thurman. The other is a 806 hp car that sounds like a mattress made by Ikea...
Old 02-21-06, 05:07 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "KO _ KNEE _ SIG"
Old 02-21-06, 05:08 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, as Clarkson would say.

I think the designs of the Koenigsegg cars have gradually matured from a science project to a real sex on wheels with each new model coming out.

Can't wait to see The Stig drive the new CCX!
Old 02-21-06, 05:19 PM
kingkong5
Lead Lap

Well, in German the word Koenig means "King" and is pronoucned "ker-nig" not sure what the egg part means. But maybe it's the King Egg of cars?
Old 02-21-06, 05:22 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kingkong5
Well, in German the word Koenig means "King" and is pronoucned "ker-nig" not sure what the egg part means. But maybe it's the King Egg of cars?
Nah, you missed the letter "s" before the "egg". So "segg"...is that the German word for "sag"?
Old 02-21-06, 06:04 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

lol...its the guys last name....Christian von Koenigsegg. I dont think it has that deep of a meaning. And its Swedish not German.

It looks cool, however I've read more reviews that actually bash the car than applaud it (the previous CCR that is).
Old 02-21-06, 09:31 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_12...NiU_DBZTJUdTz6

Thats Hot
Old 02-21-06, 11:56 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Damn Mike, thats weak!!!!
Old 02-22-06, 01:20 PM
redzeppelin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
There are two Swedish things that I like. One is Uma Thurman. The other is a 806 hp car that sounds like a mattress made by Ikea...
I'm with you on that
Old 02-22-06, 01:40 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dr.G
I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "KO _ KNEE _ SIG"
Never heard it that way

I've heard
"KO_NEG_SEG"...and "KAY_NEG_SEG"

Of course....Im not Sweedish.....so what the hell do I know
Old 02-22-06, 02:04 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, thats something I'd expect to hear in a Jeremy Clarkson review!
Old 02-24-06, 06:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Thumbs up More (larger ) pics

Old 02-24-06, 06:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Koenigsegg CCX Revealed

Text & photos courtesy Koenigsegg Automotive AB
02-24-2006

Spirit of performance

First Impression

The first impression of the Koenigsegg CC is its dynamic stance and futuristic, aggressive attitude. It appears amazingly low and broad, with the cockpit-like semicircular windscreen and organically shaped rear hood as key features. The smooth and polished body is gently curved, almost simplistic; a fully integrated design. Lines and surfaces appear thoroughbred and slippery, projecting an image of velocity onto the machine. This design shouts in a clear and universal language: “I travel at extreme speed”.

Machined for Speed

Koenigsegg's design seeks to give an interpretation of strength and flowing motion. The body of a Koenigsegg is formed for one ultimate purpose; superior performance. Its beauty is the beauty of speed itself. The surfaces are shaped to perfect aerodynamics, an appearance that does not deceive. All aspects of this machine serve its one fundamental objective; performance.

Both the body and chassis of a Koenigsegg are made of extremely lightweight carbon fiber composite, reinforced with Kevlar and aluminum honeycomb. Its race-bred suspension system brings the driver in control of all movement, even under the toughest racing conditions.

Overview

Koenigsegg manufactures exclusive super cars for a select elite of enthusiasts. Space age materials and uncompromising quality both in finish and function make these cars among the very best in the automotive history. The CCX overall performance is unmatched by any other series-produced car today.

Two models have currently been in production; the CC8S, and the magnificent 806 hp CCR, which still holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest and most powerful streetcar. Both Koenigsegg models are built to excel on the road or racetrack, yet are still highly comfortable for long distance traveling.

A Machine for Safe Driving

Koenigsegg creates each car specifically for each customer. They are individual pieces of art. Leather contrasted with futuristic controls and refined surfaces enclose the occupants. It is an environment for adventure. The Koenigsegg hardtop is stored under the front bonnet during roofless driving. Crash-tests have verified that in terms of safety, a Koenigsegg is a truly Swedish car.

The CCX is the latest iteration of the Koenigsegg CC family. The CCX is in many aspects a new car since it has been re-engineered to comply with the US regulation and market demands. Still, it has been a key issue for the Koenigsegg Team to keep the distinctive and record breaking CC shape. Koenigsegg believes it is important to avoid trends and instead hone the aerodynamic shape of the CC range for the future, only enhancing its unique look and appearance with tighter lines and a more aggressive stance. At Koenigsegg they also believe in continuity. A new Koenigsegg shall show clear lineage from its predecessor and shall not follow any other design trends – but enhance its already proven concept and shape to perfection.

Body & Interior

The CCX features a completely new set of body and interior parts. The new body incorporates a new front bumper design, engineered to function well in the stringent 2.5 mph bumper test, including enhanced brake cooling, fog lamps and US side position lights. The front lamps have been slightly redesigned to suit the new bumper line.

There is a new scoop on the front bonnet acting as a larger fresh air-intake for the occupants and new air vents have been added behind the front wheels in order to further evacuate air from the cockpit. The frontal shape revisions now allow for effective track use options to be added.

The side rocker panels feature side skirts in order to further enhance downforce by increasing underbody area. The new exterior of the car has been created using the industry leading Icem Surf CAD software, guaranteeing a perfect fit and finish as well as optimal highlights.

The car is 88 mm longer in order to comply with the US rear impact regulations and in order to free up space around the rear muffler. The rear clamshell now features a glass window over the new CCX engine, clearly showing off the bespoke and unique Koenigsegg Block casting. The mufflers have received improved cooling, by incorporating grill vents above in the clamshell. The number plate area is now adapted to suit both US and Euro size number plates.

Space

There is a further 50 mm in headroom, making the CCX the most spacious super car on the market, truly considering the taller drivers needs. Koenigsegg believes to have found a unique market niche by enabling really tall drivers to fit well inside the car, still with its highest point only1120 mm above the tarmac.

Seats

In corporation with Sparco, and Koenigsegg test driver Loris Bicocchi, Koenigsegg has developed a new seat design for the CCX. The structure of the seat are still carbon fiber, but now feature fully padded front surface and a tilting backrest. The striking and very comfortable Tempur padded CCR seats can still be fitted in the CCX on special order.

Wheels / Brakes

The optimal ceramic 382 mm front discs are coupled to 8 piston calipers and in the rear the 362 mm size is retained with 6 piston calipers. The optional industry first carbon fiber wheels save another 3 kg per wheel compared to the already lightweight magnesium wheels that comes as standard. The ceramic discs save another 2 kg per wheel, giving the Koenigsegg CCX lower unsprung weight than any other super car.

Koenigsegg now also offers the ceramic disc and carbon wheel upgrade to all previous Koenigsegg models.

Aerodynamic Enhancement

Between the raised speedster humps there is a new type of vortex generator originally conceived and patented by Torbjörn Gustavsson at Vortaflow and implemented as a Ram Air engine booster by Christian Koenigsegg on the CCX. Due to the fact that there is a fresh air engine intake right below the rear window, the vortex generator redirects the air directly into the air intake and thereby creating a positive pressure in the air box. To normally obtain this phenomenon in a mid engine car a roof scoop is required, increasing frontal area. In the case of the CCX, the small frontal area can still be kept and rearward visibility is unaffected, even though it has now got true ram air intake over its mid mounted engine.

Electronics

The CCX now features, wholly digital, intelligent fuse and relay unit. This means that there are not physical fuses or relays as such. The unit is programmable and is can-bus connected to a display unit which sends crucial information to the driver. The main advantages of this system are its reliability, light weight, small physical size, programmability and direct information to the driver. The system is prepared for future upgrades and functions.

Unique Koenigsegg Engine

The engine in the CCX retains the incredible performance and power of the CCR engine, while running on US 91 octane fuel and complying with California emission regulations. In order to reach this challenging goal, extensive rework had to be done to emission related items, such as new cylinder heads with larger valve area and more optimally flowing cylinder head ports. Dual smaller injectors per cylinder were integrated, as well as new camshafts, a new carbon fiber individual runner intake plenum, a new engine management system, updated fuel and EVAP system. New exhaust system where the catalytic converters are moved closer to the engine for earlier light-off time. A returnless fuel system has also been implemented with pumps integrated into the new fuel tank. All in all, a heavy rework in order to retain the unique performance of the CCX engine and at the same time comply with the strictest emission regulations in the world.

The new and cleaner CCX engine also incorporates the first engine block design that is specifically created and cast for Koenigsegg, with the Koenigsegg shield embossed in the casting on both left and right side of the engine block. The new block design is an all aluminum construction made out of 356 aluminum with T7 heat treat that has undergone a High Intensity Pressure process in order to further enhance block integrity as well as cylinder bore chill during casting. The new block reaffirms the future development of Koenigsegg engines and makes Koenigsegg stand out among low volume supercar manufacturers, due to the fact that Koenigsegg engineer the engine completely in house in combination with the fact that it is also built, assembled, and dyno tested in the Koenigsegg production plant. The Koenigsegg Engineers also incorporated the most powerful internal piston coolers in the industry – bringing down the piston temperature, by as much as 80% more than competing systems, which was a must in order to run high cylinder pressure with 91 octane fuel.

Koenigsegg CCX

Standard price: 458.000 Euro + VAT & ex works
Fully equipped: 510.000 Euro + VAT & ex works
Standard price: 540.000 USD + VAT & ex works
Fully equipped: 600.910 USD + VAT & ex works

* Koenigsegg reserves the right to change the
information above without notice. Due to
fluctuation of the exchange rates prices may
change.

Standard Equipment

Detachable roof

Climate Control

Electric rear view mirrors

Leather interior

Central locking

Electric windows

Alarm with immobilizer

Toolkit

Driver side airbag

Power steering

Hydraulic ride height control

Servo assisted brakes

ABS

Traction control, with 5 different settings

Stereo with CD-player

Tire pressure sensors

Car cover

Payment Terms

Down payment 25% of agreed price if order
Final payment 2 weeks before delivery
Delivery is ex works – Koenigsegg/Ängelholm/Sweden

Delivery Time T.B.D. at order

Optional Equipment

Custom color leather interior 4000 €

Custom paint color 5000 €

Parking Sensor 2800 €

Rearview Camera 3000 €

GPS Navigation 5000 €

Ceramic Brakes discs 15000 €

Carbon Rims 11000 €

Sport Auto Event – Nurburgring 3000 €

Driving education, Loris Bicocchi 1500 €

Extended Warranty up to 3000 km/2years 6000 €

Technical Specifications

Performance

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) 3.2 seconds
Top Speed: 395+ km/h (245+ mph)
Standing ¼ mile: 9.9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)
Braking distance: 31m (100-0 km/h)
Lateral G-force: 1.3G
Fuel consumption: Highway 13 l/100 km
Combined: 17 l/1000km

Engine

Type: Koenigsegg V8 cast aluminum, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts
Displacement: 4.700 cm3
Compression: 8.2:1
Lubrication: Dry sump with oil spray piston cooling, oil cooler
Sequential, multiport fuel injection. Twin Rotrex centrifugal superchargers with response system 1.2 bar boost pressure.
Power output: 806 Bhp at 6900 rpm
Max Torque: 920 Nm (678 ft/lb) at 5700 rpm

Body

Two-door, two-seater with removable hardtop stowable under the front hood lid. Body made of pre-impregnated carbonfiber/kevlar and lightweight sandwich reinforcements.

Chassis

Semi monocoque made of pre-impregnated carbonfiber and honeycomb.
Front and rear suspension: Double wishbones, adjustable Racing gas-hydraulic shock absorbers, pushrod operated. Anti-roll bar. Electronically adjustable ride hight.
Rear brakes: Ventilated discs ¤ 362 mm, 32 mm wide. 6 piston light alloy calipers. Power assisted. Koenigsegg Advanced Control system.
Optional: 380x34 mm ceramic discs with 8 piston calipers.

Wheels

Koenigsegg magnesium allot wheels with center locking.
Optional: Carbon / Magnesium wheels.
Front: 19” x 9.5”
Rear: 20” x 12.5”

Tires

Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Unidirectional with asymmetric tread pattern
Front: 225/35-19 (Y)
Rear: 335/30-20 (Y)

Transmission

Specially developed 6-speed gearbox. Torque sensitive, limited slip differential.
Clutch: Dual plate, ¤ 215 mm (8.46 inch).

Final ration: 3.545
1st gear: 2.875
2nd gear: 1.773
3rd gear: 1.267
4th gear: 1.000
5th gear: 0.833
6th gear: 0.711
Reverse gear: 3.000

source : worldcarfans

Quick Reply: First images of the 2007 Koenigsegg CCX (plus video)