Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Weird new VW commercials

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 09:34 PM
L-Finesser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird new VW commercials

Saw a few strange new VW spots featuriing some kind if weird troll. Anyone else see these or did I dream this?
Old 02-16-06, 10:32 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by L-Finesser
Saw a few strange new VW spots featuriing some kind if weird troll. Anyone else see these or did I dream this?
Your eyes did not deceive you. My dad and I were watching basketball at a local sports bar that gets U.S. satellite here in Mexico and being a VW happy country, even the Mexicans were shocked at this silly ad. I think you are talking about the one with that GLI model and the cop comes up to the kid and something about the troll saying, "the force" and the cop starts acting strange and then lets the kid go.

Really nutty. The Mexicans looked to us as if to ask us to explain how that sells a VW in the states. We said back, we do not know how that sells anything.
Old 02-16-06, 11:51 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea i just saw that one and it was alittle freaky kinda....oh well
Old 02-17-06, 05:23 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They are very strange! The ones I saw show the guy being an *** to his girlfriend/wife because some strange electronic troll tells him to. Just another reason why I dislike VW.

Last edited by CdeFabio; 02-17-06 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-17-06, 08:18 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I hate that damn commercial. Very annoying.
Old 02-17-06, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

add me to the list. i saw that ad couple of times and i am scratching my head bad
Old 02-18-06, 01:53 AM
drink300
Lexus Champion

Could this thing be worse than the "Burger King"?? I dare think it might...

OR, does the Burger King actually have an army of small trolls to control what he can't (since he is not omni-present)?

drink300
2003 LS430 Parch/Ecru Custom Lux
Old 02-18-06, 06:21 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

although I havent seen it, Im guessing by your reactions that they suck, thats too bad VW used to make some funny commercials, like the one of them taking a pic with the bear, or the one with the car stuck up the tree, and we cant forget about the "sealacampt" (spelling)
Old 02-18-06, 06:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh come on you guys don't like the "go fast" commercials? its all about Fast. This eveil fast troll controls the owner to enjoy the car and go fast. The last one was real stupid with the guy ordering food over the phone and the place asking if he want it delivered or for pick up but it was raining real hard out side and the guy looks over to his table and the Evil troll says Delivery is for punks or something like that. I thought it was real korny but kind of funny too.
Old 02-18-06, 10:27 AM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Originally Posted by L-Finesser
Haha the VW guys would be pissed that you called it a troll Its actually supposed to be a black evil rabbit (you know representing the golf rabbit). Kinda bizarre like you said but its definitely catching some attention. This place (www.golfmkv.com) has the ads for download.
Old 02-18-06, 05:09 PM
BLexACK LS
Lead Lap

I dunno about you all but the first thing i thought when i saw it was Donnie Darko. No?
Old 02-18-06, 05:25 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

dont people in US say "VW's are full of electronic trolls?" :-).
Old 02-18-06, 07:26 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I love those commercials! They make me laugh my *** off every time I see one, especially the one where he's in the car with his girl and the windows rolled down. Good stuff, I like the new turbo'd VW's too (GTI and Jetta GLI), kinda makes me sad they weren't around when I was shopping for my car.
Old 02-18-06, 07:30 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluelex
Oh come on you guys don't like the "go fast" commercials? its all about Fast. This eveil fast troll controls the owner to enjoy the car and go fast. The last one was real stupid with the guy ordering food over the phone and the place asking if he want it delivered or for pick up but it was raining real hard out side and the guy looks over to his table and the Evil troll says Delivery is for punks or something like that. I thought it was real korny but kind of funny too.

BINGO!!! I dont think they actually WATCHED the commercials, but rather just stared blankly... LONG LIVE FAST!!!!
Old 02-20-06, 04:17 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

These commercials are weird (and perhaps even funny to some), but they are by no mean "annoying" compare to those "I want my MPG" Toyota commercials. ---> As if no one here knows Toyotas don't offer great MPGs. Not to mention that annoying song.

I'd rather watch "the official cars of Southern California" Toyota commercials from 1990 again.

Jon

Quick Reply: Weird new VW commercials