Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Racing ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 08:49 AM
mtnduc
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Racing ??

Does Lexus do anything special at events where they are racing ie: the 24 Hours of Daytona 2 weeks ago, which Lexus won.
For example: Ducati usually has a owners only area/tent with food and refreshments as well as autograph sessions, giveaways etc...
Old 02-08-06, 08:51 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnduc
Does Lexus do anything special at events where they are racing ie: the 24 Hours of Daytona 2 weeks ago, which Lexus won.
For example: Ducati usually has a owners only area/tent with food and refreshments as well as autograph sessions, giveaways etc...
Ahem... it wasn't really a "Lexus" win. It was Lexus powered Riley. Which means there was a Lexus motor in it and a bit Lexus sticker on the front windscreen, but the car wasn't built by Lexus.
Old 02-08-06, 08:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Yes they do - we ususally post about it in the regional forums when we learn about it or are invited by Lexus Corp to participate.

We'll have something like this year on the east coast with Team Lexus and Lexfest 2006, likely at Road Atlanta w/ an ALMS event. Last years was held near Balitmore at the Team Lexus facility.
Old 02-08-06, 10:25 AM
mtnduc
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heffergm
Ahem... it wasn't really a "Lexus" win. It was Lexus powered Riley. Which means there was a Lexus motor in it and a bit Lexus sticker on the front windscreen, but the car wasn't built by Lexus.
You are correct.
Old 02-08-06, 12:15 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by heffergm
For practical purposes though, it WAS a Lexus win. When the Pontiac powered cars win, they call them Pontiac wins. When the GM LS powered cars win, they call it a GM win. It's a win by Lexus because there was a Lexus engine in there. It's also equally a win for Riley.
Old 02-08-06, 05:27 PM
LexFather

I don't care if master Yoda built the car, Lexus won the race. Look at the offical RESULTS. LEXUS #1. Jeez, this has been going on since the begininig of racing.

And as I watch with more interest Lexus racing, I will be participating more in these events.

Old 02-08-06, 05:55 PM
Yuri
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Yes they do - we ususally post about it in the regional forums when we learn about it or are invited by Lexus Corp to participate.

We'll have something like this year on the east coast with Team Lexus and Lexfest 2006, likely at Road Atlanta w/ an ALMS event. Last years was held near Balitmore at the Team Lexus facility.
I cannot wait to go, hopefully I'll have my gear on by then.
Old 02-08-06, 07:38 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll have something like this year on the east coast with Team Lexus and Lexfest 2006, likely at Road Atlanta w/ an ALMS event.
Sorry to go off topic, but does that mean this years Lexfest should be around the September 27-30 timeframe?..

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.
Old 02-08-06, 07:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Overclocker
Sorry to go off topic, but does that mean this years Lexfest should be around the September 27-30 timeframe?..

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.
No, most likely late August. TL is now working on securing the official word on the date with the host location.
Old 02-08-06, 08:01 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

No, most likely late August. TL is now working on securing the official word on the date with the host location.
Sounds good. The date I listed was for the Petit Le Mans, but it was during Supra's Invade Las Vegas so August should be better. Thanks for the update Dave!

BTW, will there be a Dragon meet this year?
Old 02-08-06, 08:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Overclocker
Sounds good. The date I listed was for the Petit Le Mans, but it was during Supra's Invade Las Vegas so August should be better. Thanks for the update Dave!

BTW, will there be a Dragon meet this year?
Yes. We decided the Sept date was 1) area is super crowded for Petit Le Mans, probably could not get venue and 2) too near NOPI Nationals, we'd lose folks to one or the other if they were within a weekend or two apart

Yes. As soon as this date is locked, that one is next
Old 02-09-06, 05:26 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Wow, the biggest and best LexFest and the Dragon in the same year?!? I don't know if I can handle it... it of course being all that driving, I can handle all the car meets.

Keep up the great work guys!