Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Finally Saw and Heard a FORD GT In Person!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 05:12 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Finally Saw and Heard a FORD GT In Person!

Obviously I have seen the car a few times at Car Shows and even at a dealer, but today one actually drove right in front of me at an intersection and he got on it slightly... :eek:

2 words...... NUCKING FUTS!

The car is so damn wide, it has to be as wide as a Murci I'm sure, and that S/C V8 was simply harmonious. That is one car I truly want to own under $200k. I see Ferarri 360's (a couple in my parking garage) F430's, Gallardo's and several Murci's on a regular here in Plano, but the GT is so "brutish" and rare. And also from what I've read in several publications, Ford is understating it's output... BigTime! It is making closer to 600hp and almost as much torque according to independent dyno.
I'd love to come across one in a couple of years with @ 10k miles for a deep discount. The new Z06 may be nipping at it's heels for a third of the cost or so, but it nor ANY car is no where near the GT in terms of OVERALL: Presence, Power, Performance, and Curbside Appeal...
By the way, this one I saw was Red w/ White Stripes. I personally would want the 40th Anniversary TUNGSTEN Limited Edition pictured here: