Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

D2-AUTOSPORT Project Vehicle (GS400 Replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 11:49 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish you had kept the GS...it's timeless. I liked the upgrades you had...looked sooo nice.
But o'well ... the 7 Series BMW is definitely the winner from the list...good choice.
Old 01-20-06, 12:33 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool choice Derrick. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hopefully dressing up that big rear end is in the cards. This big-girl has more junk in the trunk than most.
Old 01-20-06, 12:34 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just want to say congrats man. I know how hard you were looking for this semi rare color. I think we all know that when she gets the D2 VIP treatment it will be a jaw dropper...I wish you would have taken an engine bay shot, I've never seen what that engine bay looks like.
Old 01-20-06, 03:20 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default congrats derrick

Glad you got your hands on a 745li. I am sure you will have it great looking as well. Was it easier to find li instead of just the i. Most I's I have seen are soley green, and black. Congrats again, and good look with the ride.
Old 01-20-06, 05:02 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Congrats yea a white 7 series is rare. Can't wait to see you hook it up.
Old 01-20-06, 05:59 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My oh my....what a pick up!. I have loved the 7 from the first I saw one. I'm not a big fan of white but this is the type of car white belongs on, a big luxo barge. Please hook it up right. The 7 should be mated to Hamann or AC Schnitzer kits. They cost a lot but have OEM quality and belong on the car. WHeels gotta be 20 or 21's to fill the arches. I am just salivating, wishing it was me who had this canvas to paint on. You go boy!!!
Old 01-20-06, 06:14 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Derrick, I would be more than happy to send the CL over for your project car

Great choice with the 7. Cant wait to see that big boy when your done.
Old 01-23-06, 01:08 PM
Wheel Experts

congrats Derrick - looking forward to working with you on this one!
Old 01-23-06, 01:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bmgs400
I wish you had kept the GS...it's timeless. I liked the upgrades you had...looked sooo nice.
But o'well ... the 7 Series BMW is definitely the winner from the list...good choice.

Yeah, the GS was definately special to me (modded that car from front to back in my head before I even purchased it!), however its tough in this segment of the industry to promote and market to the premium luxury guys with a Lexus. Its really frustrating to have someone assume your not as well versed on subject simply because your vehicle is not German. The sad truth is, that is exactly what occurs!! I would never change my stance that when you consider ALL FACTORS (cost, performance, reliability, quiet/smoothness, customer service, value) Lexus is still the best all around.

Originally Posted by reggiek
My oh my....what a pick up!. I have loved the 7 from the first I saw one. I'm not a big fan of white but this is the type of car white belongs on, a big luxo barge. Please hook it up right. The 7 should be mated to Hamann or AC Schnitzer kits. They cost a lot but have OEM quality and belong on the car. WHeels gotta be 20 or 21's to fill the arches. I am just salivating, wishing it was me who had this canvas to paint on. You go boy!!!
Thanks Reggie, we have some great things in store for the vehicle and hopefully we can introduce a different style of modifications for these vehicles. I will be the first to say that I HATED the 7 when it was introduced (at the time I was still in love with the e38 7series). But it has grown on me, and looks really nice modded.
Old 01-23-06, 01:41 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Business is good !

That 7 series is hot! I can't wait to see it moded out! Too bad I can't add some of those parts on my GS from you! Lol!-wringo
Old 01-24-06, 08:49 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

congrats Derrick.

what year is this 745?

Peace,

Ted
Old 01-24-06, 09:20 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fireballs gs400
Glad you got your hands on a 745li. I am sure you will have it great looking as well. Was it easier to find li instead of just the i. Most I's I have seen are soley green, and black. Congrats again, and good look with the ride.
Yeah man, as we discussed previously I was primarily searching for a "i" but white is such a rare color that I "settled" for the LI. Most of these cars period are black / silver / green / or some odd brownish color.
Old 01-24-06, 09:46 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

Congratulations Derrick!

Needless to say I am sure the car will end up looking very sick.

I also like the 7 series, ever since I saw it modded in the movie "Taxi". That matador(?) red 745 with the body kit and wheels just looked so awesome. When they peeled off the red and showed the car in blue, that was the icing on the cake. I fell in love with it right away.

I don't know if you remember or not, but I jokingly predicted on one of your threads when you first announced that you would be getting rid of your GS that you should get a 7 series Bimmer - it is so you!
Old 01-24-06, 10:08 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

congrats dee... hope ya bring it out to any meets we wind up having here in the nyc...
Old 01-24-06, 01:18 PM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

Figured i might as well congratulate you on here as well Congrads on the new car Derrick

Quick Reply: D2-AUTOSPORT Project Vehicle (GS400 Replacement)