Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota set to overtake GM as top automaker next year

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05, 08:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
2006 is going to be a great year for Toyota. Lot's of new models coming out such as the next generation Camry/ES 330, LS 460, GS 450h, next generation Tundra/Sequoia and a whole slew of new vehicles. Go Toyota! Toyota is the epitome of Moving Forward. Lexus has the Passion Pursuit of Perfection. Not sure what's the slogan for Scion.
the whole lineup of toyota and lexus is just huge. i think it's just "normal" for them to have so many new cars next yr
Old 12-20-05, 11:20 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No surprise here - I'll only own Toyota/Lexus now. Just a few years ago my household owned a '95 Chrysler Sebring, '96 Ford Thunderbird (mine), and Ford Focus (before that a Dodge Neon).

Now I have a '99 LS400, my wife has a 2002 Highlander, and my mom has a 2001 Camry. Even my previous car (02 Maxima) was a POS. It's nice to be able to buy a car and just DRIVE it instead of numorous trips to the dealer for problems.

I think the real reason Ford and GM have such huge numbers as far as sales is because of fleet sales (rental cars, law enforcement, and city-used vehicles).

Of course if you're in a labor union like a contractor/plumber/construction you pretty much have to drive a domestic pickup...